Trades Round 6 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi All,

Was hoping someone would be able to help me with my team. Doing pretty well this year (considering living in the USA) was in the Top 50 after round 4, but dropped to Top 300. Changed captain last second from Lloyd to Cripps never helps!

Anyway, my team is as follows:

Backs: Lloyd, Whitfield, Laird, Smith, Duursma, Scrimshaw (Emerg: Hore & Clark)
Mids: Cogs, Rocky, Cripps, BCrouch, Libba, Walsh, Constable, J. Ross (Emerg: Stack & Gibbons)
Rucks: Grundy, Gawn (Emerg: who cares)
Fwds: Danger, Boak, Kelly, Worpel, Rozee, Drew (Emerg: Parker & Burgess)

I only have $24k in the bank, so was thinking of moving stack to defense with Duursma and downgrading to Hayes. The other trade I am really not sure about. Do I upgrade Rozee --> Daniel/Heeney/Martin, Do i upgrade Libba to Zerrett?

Was hoping someone could help out here, in quite a good overall position so looking to keep moving forward.

Hi All,

Was hoping someone would be able to help me with my team. Doing pretty well this year (considering living in the USA) was in the Top 50 after round 4, but dropped to Top 300. Changed captain last second from Lloyd to Cripps never helps!

Mids: Cogs, Rocky, Cripps, BCrouch, Libba, Walsh, Constable, J. Ross (Emerg: Stack & Gibbons)

I only have $24k in the bank, so was thinking of moving stack to defense with Duursma and downgrading to Hayes. The other trade I am really not sure about. Do I upgrade Rozee --> Daniel/Heeney/Martin, Do i upgrade Libba to Zerrett?

Was hoping someone could help out here, in quite a good overall position so looking to keep moving forward.

Priorities would seem to be:
-3 mid rookies
-no ROB

For points I would think that Rozee upgrade is the most bang for buck, but I'm keen to see how the Port boys go against North this week.
Your bench could do with some improvement eg. Clark, Parker out?

I reverted my trades...
Milera for Hore which then netted an massive upgrade of Lincoln Mccarthy for Tim Kelly
Next week I will trade down Oliver to trade up for someone. I'll also trade out Ryan Burton.. Or Kieran Jack
However running with Scrimshaw and Hore in the same backline and I have Naughton on my bench

Last edited:
Priorities would seem to be:
-3 mid rookies
-no ROB

For points I would think that Rozee upgrade is the most bang for buck, but I'm keen to see how the Port boys go against North this week.
Your bench could do with some improvement eg. Clark, Parker out?

Thanks mate for that! Do you think ROB is needed? I mean he is priced quite high now for a bench option. Agree completely that 3 mid rookies isn't ideal, but Walsh i almost wouldn't consider a rookie and constable is killing it. Just need to get J. Ross off my ground.

Agree that Rozee may be good to watch as Port should pump NM.

Reckon a double downgrade for a cash grab?

Duursma --> Hayes
Parker --> Corbett (if named)

Hate double downgrades because it doesn't improve my team, but will give me good coin for next week.

I reverted my trades...
Milera for Hore which then netted an massive upgrade of Lincoln Mccarthy for Tim Kelly
Next week I will trade out Oliver to trade up for someone. I have Ryan Burton., Kieran Jack and Lycett who could possibly be my outs
However running with Scrimshaw and Hore in the same backline and I have Naughton on my bench

I reverted my trades...
Next week I will trade down Oliver to trade up for someone someone like Ryan Burton.. Or Kieran Jack out

Naughton needs to go, especially on the bench!

Thanks mate for that! Do you think ROB is needed? I mean he is priced quite high now for a bench option. Agree completely that 3 mid rookies isn't ideal, but Walsh i almost wouldn't consider a rookie and constable is killing it. Just need to get J. Ross off my ground.

Agree that Rozee may be good to watch as Port should pump NM.

Reckon a double downgrade for a cash grab?

Duursma --> Hayes
Parker --> Corbett (if named)

Hate double downgrades because it doesn't improve my team, but will give me good coin for next week.

Not keen on picking players before their first game (Corbett) but think that double down seems the way for you.
ROB is unique as a cash making ruck rookie, but yes quite expensive. Will still make another 100k before Jacobs is back then a big windfall to downgrade him. Would prefer him to iffy JS or unproven player.

Besides last week he had a stinker but he's had a couple of 70s which is all I'm expecting from him.

Get him down to a cheaper rookie (eg. Stack, or if you have him move to backline and get Hately/Hayes/etc.) who will still make your 60s and make plenty more cash than Naughton (>100k for the trade and then price rises). Especially if on your bench - too much!

Hi All,

Amazing to be in the top 300, but I think I'm more impressed with the fact that you've had 119 posts and somehow have 0 likes? I thought I'd break the spell and give you your first one. Don't spend it all at once, haha :p

On your trades, I'd probably be looking at getting Hore on field (as he's scoring like a beast and Jetta is out for 8-10 weeks, so should retain his spot now).

Next, trade out Duursma (391K), use Burgess for his DPP and throw him into your backline on the bench (placing Hore on field in Duursma's place).

Then, trade out Rozee (438K), and (this is an IF) if Corbett plays, bring in Corbett onto your bench. This should leave you with 683K, which is just enough to bring in Billings for Rozee (2K remaining)

If Corbett doesn't play, just go straightforward trades and get Heeney in. I think though, Billings is the next safest top 6 premo to get in, following the 3 you already have (and Worp)

Left field (read- stupid) trade idea but one I can't get out of my head.

Current rank 6000, scratchy start but decent cash generation.

Backs are weak (don't have Whitfield). Have Gawn/Grundy combo.

Ordinarily thinking of a double downgrade.
Parker-Clark to Hayes-Ross nets:
+$181k
0 ppg

BUT could also do:

Gawn/Grundy ($800k, 110 ppg) to ROB ($344k, 80 ppg)) and say Duursma ($390k, 60 ppg) to Whitfield ($838k, 120 ppg)

Nets:
Even on cash
+30 ppg
With a decent 100% JS cashcow in ROB that i can convert back to say Gawn/Grundy in a month for $300k

Trading one or your two premium rucks sounds crazy, but when I compare the 2, my predicted improvement onfield says it's worth considering.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Amazing to be in the top 300, but I think I'm more impressed with the fact that you've had 119 posts and somehow have 0 likes? I thought I'd break the spell and give you your first one. Don't spend it all at once, haha :p

On your trades, I'd probably be looking at getting Hore on field (as he's scoring like a beast and Jetta is out for 8-10 weeks, so should retain his spot now).

Next, trade out Duursma (391K), use Burgess for his DPP and throw him into your backline on the bench (placing Hore on field in Duursma's place).

Then, trade out Rozee (438K), and (this is an IF) if Corbett plays, bring in Corbett onto your bench. This should leave you with 683K, which is just enough to bring in Billings for Rozee (2K remaining)

If Corbett doesn't play, just go straightforward trades and get Heeney in. I think though, Billings is the next safest top 6 premo to get in, following the 3 you already have (and Worp)

Thanks Shadow89! This is actually my first post for probably 8 years, and that is well before they had "liking" :) Won't be spending it all at once!

Yeh it is tough watching all the games in the middle of the night but as Dreamteam is an obsession you do what you gotta do. I would just love to come top 100 and basically every 50/50 call had been coming off so will see if my luck runs out.

Appreciate your input, but for some reason I have never been able to get my head around how the advanced trading works! Certainly putting Hore on the field, but how do I move Burgess to my defense? I have both Rozee and Burgess in my fwd line. Still feel like a n00b. Don't think you can do it on a phone maybe.

I agree Billings is a safer top 6, but he did burn me (as well as everyone else) last year. Heeney did too so who knows.

Cheers mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reverted my trades...
Next week I will trade down Oliver to trade up for someone someone like Ryan Burton.. Or Kieran Jack out

Why trade out Oliver?! and how is Burton a "trade-up" there? If you want Burton, fine. But you should leave Oliver right where he is

Left field (read- stupid) trade idea but one I can't get out of my head.

Current rank 6000, scratchy start but decent cash generation.

Backs are weak (don't have Whitfield). Have Gawn/Grundy combo.

Ordinarily thinking of a double downgrade.
Parker-Clark to Hayes-Ross nets:
+$181k
0 ppg

BUT could also do:

Gawn/Grundy ($800k, 110 ppg) to ROB ($344k, 80 ppg)) and say Duursma ($390k, 60 ppg) to Whitfield ($838k, 120 ppg)

Nets:
Even on cash
+30 ppg
With a decent 100% JS cashcow in ROB that i can convert back to say Gawn/Grundy in a month for $300k

Trading one or your two premium rucks sounds crazy, but when I compare the 2, my predicted improvement onfield says it's worth considering.

Thoughts?

I would do #1 for sure and dont do #2. I am not a fan of trading out firing rolling 22 premos, ever (unless injured or HUGE role change)

Can anyone who follows Sydney closely tell me what's changed with Cunningham? I'm looking for a defender under 617k so was looking at Daniel or Jones and then saw his scores and wondered where it's come from and how sustainable it is.

no idea - but i was / am tossing up between him and zak. i cant split the pair (leaning zak though)

I would do #1 for sure and dont do #2. I am not a fan of trading out firing rolling 22 premos, ever (unless injured or HUGE role change)
Yeah me either and for me common sense will prevail.

But strikes me as one of those POD gambles that Moreira's Magic talks about, intentionally not owning 1-2 uber high ownership guys, at a relatively low risk (as even if he hits his expected numbers I'd still theoretically be up)..

No matter how much I want to upgrade this week I cant handle having Schultz, Clark and Burgess on my bench not making money. Especially with good rookies like Ross, hately, baker and hayes not in my team. Double rookie swap it is

Anyone want to check off
Duursma -> Merrett via Stack DPP,
Clark -> Lockhart. Leaving 181k.
Could also go gaff? Kind of worried about Hore and Lockhart but they have got different roles

Anyone want to check off
Duursma -> Merrett via Stack DPP,
Clark -> Lockhart. Leaving 181k.
Could also go gaff? Kind of worried about Hore and Lockhart but they have got different roles
Great trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Back