2nds 2019 Suns Reserves and NEAFL

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with you , this is the solution I wanted . Risca is not Hodge , I don't think Hodge play any NEAFL match yet . The reason there is so many injuries is because GC don't have D/ C/b- grade mature body (Collins /Corbett type ) to protect the kids . Good story to Draft academy players but if they are not good better draft state league mature players who can protect your top 30 pick . The reason you get to keep your kids
1) playing AFL and having Luke Hodge to guide them
2) if they play NEAFL they are winning more than losing or get trashed .
I mentioned in a post earlier that we have specifically kept Ryan Lester in the team to play that Luke Hodge role. Lester realistically doesn’t get near the first team unless we have a heap of injuries, mainly because he’s to slow.

Even at NEAFL level you need a couple of older players to drive standards and culture within the team.

I mentioned in a post earlier that we have specifically kept Ryan Lester in the team to play that Luke Hodge role. Lester realistically doesn’t get near the first team unless we have a heap of injuries, mainly because he’s to slow.

Even at NEAFL level you need a couple of older players to drive standards and culture within the team.
Ryan Lester only 27 years old ( Miles ,Murdoch , GHS age ) still got few year lef in him , Risca is at Hodge age and not going to be there next year to guide the NEAFL team, Andrew swallow GC coach actually younger than Risca . I understand about culture , but if Risca can't set culture up when Bennell , Ablett , Hall , Dixon , prestia , May , lynch , Barlow , Lyons, O Meara around . What make the younger generation look up to Rischitelli now.

Last edited:
Ryan Lester only 27 years old ( Miles ,Murdoch , GHS age ) still got few year lef in him , Risca is at Hodge age and not going to be there next year to guide the NEAFL team, Andrew swallow GC coach actually younger than Risca . I understand about culture , but if Risca can't set culture up when Bennell , Ablett , Hall , Dixon , prestia , May , lynch , Barlow , Lyons, O Meara around . What make the younger generation look up to Rischitelli now.
i get your looking to the future but lets just consider some facts.
1. it is unanimous that cutting a loved figure that is well respected at the club is a bad move that breeds distrust amongst the playing group.

2. Rischa with his 16 years in the AFL system has learnt and experienced so much more then some no name in the 2nd Tier comps could have and because of this would actually have the respect of the kids he is playing/teaching with.

3. The NEAFL side has bigger problems then just 1 rookie spot held by a veteran AFL player. with at least 2 senior spots available and possibly more rookie spots(according to 17er) the club will still have the option to draft new players.

If you wish to pursue the opinion that rischa needs to be cut so we can pursue a 23yo plumber from the SANFL in case he is a star then so be it it's a GAMBLE but in my opinion and it seems many others the RISK outweighs the REWARD and having followed this club from their 17yo days im sick of watching kids play and be told they need time to develop we dont need to win a Flag in the next 10 years but we do need to start playing finals footy and not be the pushovers and charity case we have been for the last 10 years. So i will always push for our most senior players to play AFL unless a younger talent has eclipsed the senior player on form not potential.

i get your looking to the future but lets just consider some facts.
1. it is unanimous that cutting a loved figure that is well respected at the club is a bad move that breeds distrust amongst the playing group.

2. Rischa with his 16 years in the AFL system has learnt and experienced so much more then some no name in the 2nd Tier comps could have and because of this would actually have the respect of the kids he is playing/teaching with.

3. The NEAFL side has bigger problems then just 1 rookie spot held by a veteran AFL player. with at least 2 senior spots available and possibly more rookie spots(according to 17er) the club will still have the option to draft new players.

If you wish to pursue the opinion that rischa needs to be cut so we can pursue a 23yo plumber from the SANFL in case he is a star then so be it it's a GAMBLE but in my opinion and it seems many others the RISK outweighs the REWARD and having followed this club from their 17yo days im sick of watching kids play and be told they need time to develop we dont need to win a Flag in the next 10 years but we do need to start playing finals footy and not be the pushovers and charity case we have been for the last 10 years. So i will always push for our most senior players to play AFL unless a younger talent has eclipsed the senior player on form not potential.
Why it must be a plumber , Sam Collins is an accountant .You are so narrow minded in your approach , next year Rischa not going to be around , so who are you going to Draft or trade in most properly a plumber or a delisted AFL player in rookie draft or trade period . Is not funny when you let 19- 23 year old slide you open with speed in NEAFL .

Last edited:
Why it must be a plumber , Sam Collins is an accountant .You are so narrow in your approach , next year Rischa not going to be around , so who you Draft most properly a plumber anywhere or a delisted AFL player .
it doesnt matter who fills that list spot. its purely their to provide some support to the NEAFL team. better being an AFL veteran then a new recruit from the burbs.

it doesnt matter who fills that list spot. its purely their to provide some support to the NEAFL team. better being an AFL veteran then a new recruit from the burbs.
Ok then , but if he decided to retire earlier I am ok with it , normally there are a few players announce their retirement earlier during mid season .eg Rioli .I am just suggesting there is an option there if he decided to retire earlier , obviously you can't force him to retire if he don't want to as he is under contract .

Last edited:
Mod please delete the whole thread .

Excited to see big bustling Crossley today.
If he can get his fitness up really think he could be a great addition to our forward line in the future.

Him next to Wright and Corbett with Lukosius more upfield would be a great combination.
Whilst Wright is a decent tap ruckman think Crossleys follow up ground work is probably better.
Allows Wright to remain forward rather than having to chop out in the ruck.

Excited to see big bustling Crossley today.
If he can get his fitness up really think he could be a great addition to our forward line in the future.

Him next to Wright and Corbett with Lukosius more upfield would be a great combination.
Whilst Wright is a decent tap ruckman think Crossleys follow up ground work is probably better.
Allows Wright to remain forward rather than having to chop out in the ruck.

I would’ve thought crossley would be long term project to replace witts eventually with a Mumford style play about him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would’ve thought crossley would be long term project to replace witts eventually with a Mumford style play about him
Yeah,
But I think he can add something in the forward line in the meantime.
Big guy who is athletic and can mark.

Witts only 26 - can see him playing for another 6 years at least.

I'm half an hour behind - about 5 minutes in to the first qtr
We look second rate
Can't advance the ball.
Either our set up around the ground or kicking skills or both are deplorable.

That Burgess dropped mark in the goal square which lead to Mcfadyen kicking a goal was woeful

Problem with our NEAFL team is our list has lack of depth and a real lack of class in the midfield.

Forwards never get decent delivery and the backline are always under the pump. Talk about a baptism of fire.

They got the forwards in the 2018 draft they need to go real hard to get some decent mids in this year's draft and some FAs even to the extent of trading future draft picks to stock up this year.

On CPH1725 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back