FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Most viewers aren't book readers. Without book readers spreading their 'theory' via the internet it would've been a surprise. Until the Ned Stark flashbacks the show didn't hint at it. Binge watchers will be wholly surprised.
The point was that it was still directly lifted from the book rather than being a new twist from the writers/showrunners

I see where you're coming from, and if the series was open ended, I might agree, but with only 4 episodes to go, I think they need to wrap this up pretty quick.

3) battle with NK
4) aftermath, buildup to battle with Cersei
5) dealing with Cersei (not sure it will actually be a battle)
6) Wrapping things up. (not for happy ending, but closure)
E5 is directed by the same guy doing E3 and who did BotB; odds on for a battle.

Is it just me or does Beric have one of the best voices ever? Deep, clean and crisp.

He and lord randyll tarly

You're getting two prophesies confused.

Azor Asai is about killing the NK. This is the one which requires AA to plunge his sword into the heart of his lover, thereby infusing it with their soul, and using the newly infused sword to kill the NK.

The Valonqar prophecy is about Cersei being killed by her younger brother. Both Jamie & Tyrion fit the bill.

isnt that apocolypse from x men?

True. So why would anyone follow Jon as a Targ but not Jon as a Stark? None of Danys supporters will switch because none of them are supporting her because of her lineage. Its all kind of pointless.
It would probably help him get support from the rest Westeros rather than Dany’s supporters but that’s only if he goes that route.

The writers haven't produced a single twist since leaving the books behind.

The point was that it was still directly lifted from the book rather than being a new twist from the writers/showrunners

Have seen this posted a bit (the writers haven't produced any twists since passing the books) and it makes no sense to me at all. Seeing as its an adaption of source material, isn't every major twist that happens in the show lifted straight from the books? Including from books that haven't been written/released yet? GRRM gave the show runners the low down on the major plot points and how things pan out - kinda makes it hard to infuse anything meaningful, shocking and plot-related that isn't in the books.

I'd say of course there have been twists since passing the books - Bomberboyokay 's example of an undead dragon for example. I'd also say that it happened in the show because they were told by GRRM it will be in the books.

I don't know how Zombies work, but my thoughts are reincarnation should only be able to happen when the corpse is a little more fresh.

Centuries old dragons and Starks? I reckon bones without a single bit of flesh or organs still attached are dead... for good.
Finally, someone said what I was thinking.

I don't buy the whole Dead Starks rising in the crypts.

The Wights and White Walkers may make it down to the crypts themselves though.

True. So why would anyone follow Jon as a Targ but not Jon as a Stark? None of Danys supporters will switch because none of them are supporting her because of her lineage. Its all kind of pointless.

Hypothetically - people would follow him because someone needs to sit on the Iron Throne and its manifestly clear to all and sundry by now that Cersei needs to go. As a Targ he actually has the best claim via lineage to the throne, which would assist him in recruiting support amongst houses and individuals to whom that sort of thing matters - much in the same way that people were working behind the scenes to support Viserys and then Dany. People actually are supporting Dany because of her lineage, Varys being the main one. Her fighters, no, but she wouldn't even have them and be in the position she is without machinations that saw her married to Drogo in the first place, and that was all done in the name of restoring a Targ to the Iron Throne.

Any chance the NK is defeated but not killed, and simply has to retreat back North where they go back to another long hibernation like last time?

Maybe they capture Bran, and take him with them, its Bran they want more then any other person.

Wouldnt the wall need re"branding" (aker building) too to keep them out?

BUILD THE WALL!!

Jamie arguably fits both by killing Cersei though.
The AA prophecy has nothing to do with Cersei. The AA prophecy is about killing the NK.

Both Jon/Aegon & Dany have been told that they are AA by followers of the Lord of Light. One of them is destined to kill the other, in order to kill the NK. Jamie doesn't enter into the equation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most viewers aren't book readers. Without book readers spreading their theory via the internet it would've been a surprise. Until the Ned Stark flashbacks the show didn't hint at it. Binge watchers will be wholly surprised.
Which brings us back to the point I was making - the writers haven't come up with a single twist since leaving the books behind. Jon's lineage was heavily foreshadowed in the books, so it certainly doesn't count as a twist created by the writers.

Finally, someone said what I was thinking.

I don't buy the whole Dead Starks rising in the crypts.

The Wights and White Walkers may make it down to the crypts themselves though.
Except that 90% of the NK's army is made up of skeletons with little (if any) flesh still attached.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Wight versions of Ned & Catelyn.

If it's a twist they like it was Bookman's idea. If it's a twist they dont like they don't acknowledge it at all.
Considering the fat campaigner has given the show major plot points in where the ending is heading I can’t see how the whiny book readers can continue to cry about any twists the show has shown beyond the books.

Blame the fat campaigner for being such a slow writer

If it was so easy to make a show from his material knightflyers would had been a major hit too...the books readers have not given any prompts to show runners for making a great show out of the material that was given to them.

Except that 90% of the NK's army is made up of skeletons with little (if any) flesh still attached.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Wight versions of Ned & Catelyn.

Of course there's no flesh attached........... they've walked half the continent without eating. Stripped right back.

B

Eddison

Brienne

Yara

HB

Dothraki I

Beric

Lyanna

C

Grey Worm

John Snow/Aegon Tagaryen

Unsullied I

HF

Gendy

Jorah

Jamie

F

Bronn

Tormund

Dany

R

Hound

Arya

Podrick

Bench

Theon

Ghost

Coaches

Davos Seaworth

Bran

Sam

CEO

Varys

President

Sansa

General Manager of Coin

Tyrion

Considering the fat campaigner has given the show major plot points in where the ending is heading I can’t see how the whiny book readers can continue to cry about any twists the show has shown beyond the books.

Blame the fat campaigner for being such a slow writer

If it was so easy to make a show from his material knightflyers would had been a major hit too...the books readers have not given any prompts to show runners for making a great show out of the material that was given to them.

I get the tears. They read the book series under the impression it would be finished. Now it probably won't be finished and the TV series is giving away the meat and potatoes. But it hasn't gone from being A+ to D-. That's bitter talking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back