Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys an absolute classic , used to be great when he would ring up to talk to OX and rattle off 12 reserves players who should be getting games.

Also loves throwing in he knows people high up at the club and he is going to contact them with his ‘concerns’

'Ah yes Kevin, I believe the current problems at Melbourne stem back to the sacking of Norm Smith in 1965 and I've consulted my MCC colleagues and we're starting a petition for Ron Barrassi to return as coach and Carl Ditterich as captain'.

Yes he is.

“If I can ask Gerard?”

“Go ahead Christopher.”

“You know Gerard, I’m really worried about where Melbourne is going this season, you know the way we direct the ball to our forwards. It doesn’t seem like it’s a system that works Gerard.
I noticed that in The Preliminary final last season, in the first quarter. And then they did the same thing in the second quarter. And would you believe Gerard they did it again in the third quarter. And I was shocked there was a slight improvement in the last quarter. But by then, the game was lost. With ten minutes into the last quarter the game was lost.
I think they should be more direct Gerard.
That’s what I would tell Simon Goodwin to do.
What do you think Gerard....”

Don’t tell me - Gerard’s answer was he is powered by Red Energy, drinking a latte from McCafe and going down to see the team at Doncaster BMW.

Great insights, and the advertising definitely isn’t working!

Had SEN on most of the day from noon and during the call of the game...seriously, wtf is going on with the production values? PBS at 3am on a Thursday has a better sense of professionalism.

The amount of dead-air, the break-downs in communication causing hosts second-guess - none of which is their fault. Are they expecting the on-air talent to do all the behind-the-scenes work?

Pretty sure Gerard will be having words with the owner - he didn't leave the ABC to put up with this s**t. Incredibly average.

Last Saturday week I was in the car and they had at least 10 minutes of dead air during the afternoon. We heard cheesy 80s rock instead. Those sort of tech issues just don't happen at other stations.

Yes the 7pm has been taken over by s**t that Victorians don't like.

Was heading home from the footy on Monday night and flicked the radio on when I got in the car expecting to hear some post match discussion but got American sports instead. Changed stations.

Was heading home from the footy on Monday night and flicked the radio on when I got in the car expecting to hear some post match discussion but got American sports instead. Changed stations.

Post game there should definitely be post game footy talk. USA sports can be moved on that day

I’d prefer American sports (although I’m a fan) to scrabble or hairiest team of the century. KB and Turf are taking the piss, not even interested in a shred of research. If you’re sticking with footy only, watch all 9 games and discuss with more knowledgeable guests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d prefer American sports (although I’m a fan) to scrabble or hairiest team of the century. KB and Turf are taking the piss, not even interested in a shred of research. If you’re sticking with footy only, watch all 9 games and discuss with more knowledgeable guests.

Good point. Especially the bolded part

USA sports and to a degree english sports have a place on australian sports networks

The amount of interest in US sports in Melbourne is overrated. Just because Hutchy is a huge fan doesn't mean it's worthy of prime time coverage on a Melbourne radio station. Plus, I doubt those 20 somethings that are interested would tune into SEN on a Monday night to hear inane waffle about it.

The amount of interest in US sports in Melbourne is overrated. Just because Hutchy is a huge fan doesn't mean it's worthy of prime time coverage on a Melbourne radio station. Plus, I doubt those 20 somethings that are interested would tune into SEN on a Monday night to hear inane waffle about it.

isn't that SEN in a nutshell?

More and more so.

After midday on weekdays, may as well have someone whistling all day on air.

Quite true.

As for USA sports, definitely a place for it. The station is morphing into a real sports station, one that covers all sports. Balance will take some time to achieve. Lots of trial and error.

Quite true.

As for USA sports, definitely a place for it. The station is morphing into a real sports station, one that covers all sports. Balance will take some time to achieve. Lots of trial and error.

That's fine, but they're broadcasting to Melbourne as their core audience so it's 70 per cent AFL, 30 per cent other sports. Anything other will fail.

Does anyone like Bob’s singing?

So if not, why does he insist on doing it?

Does anyone like Bob’s singing?

So if not, why does he insist on doing it?

I’m no music teacher, but to me it seems he starts to high and too straining. Maybe more fibre in the diet will fix it.

Surely he is setting himself for the corporate function circuit to cut Greg Champion and Mike Bradya’s lunch come grand final week? Kudos to him for career diversification, this thread was encouraging something new from him in the off season and he has delivered.

I’m no music teacher, but to me it seems he starts to high and too straining. Maybe more fibre in the diet will fix it.

Surely he is setting himself for the corporate function circuit to cut Greg Champion and Mike Bradya’s lunch come grand final week? Kudos to him for career diversification, this thread was encouraging something new from him in the off season and he has delivered.

Difference is Champion and Brady are singers.

Good on him for trying, but enough now.

The drawback is if people start treating his football views etc without respect if they see him as an oddity.
That’s the risk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back