Recommitted Darcy Parish [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

All have played at a higher standard than Parish. You call these players plodders yet make excuses for why Parish has under performed. He will be lucky to be in the side next week - just torches the footy.

Have

Still living in the past

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missed the posts from Bill about Parish not getting a game at North?

From 11 days ago?

I'm just reading this

Playing superbly. Worth 2 top 10 picks and a player.

Not sure a North supporter named after the invisible captain should really be caught at anything to do with Essendon at the moment.

Parish did have a pretty bad patch in what was otherwise quite a decent game.........but at least had had an impact on the game. I first noticed Ziebull when he went in for a bit of faux tough guy push and shove late in the game. He did more damage shaking hands after the final whistle than while the game was being played.

A small inside mid with poor foot skills is the last player we need. Would add no value.
I'm not saying he is the type you should chase, but if he were there he would be an upgrade on a few current players.

Also, since when do North chase players based on need? They chase players based on willingness to go there.

All have played at a higher standard than Parish. You call these players plodders yet make excuses for why Parish has under performed. He will be lucky to be in the side next week - just torches the footy.
In what year?

I'm satisfied with Parish's form this year seeing as he was close to BOG against Melbourne when playing onball and that he's played the HFF role adequately the last two weeks, in a winning team nonetheless. I don't like the fact that Parish is being played a role that he is not suited to but the the approach has worked the last two weeks from a team perspective so who am I to argue? Pittard, Tyson, Hall and arguably even Polec have been average for a team currently sitting in 18th; I know what I'd rather have.

Who knows, perhaps if North had stopped Heppell, Shiel and Merrett from accumulating 100 disposals and 1750 metres gained between them then Parish would have had a reason to step up.

In what year?

I'm satisfied with Parish's form this year seeing as he was close to BOG against Melbourne when playing onball and that he's played the HFF role adequately the last two weeks, in a winning team nonetheless. I don't like the fact that Parish is being played a role that he is not suited to but the the approach has worked the last two weeks from a team perspective so who am I to argue? Pittard, Tyson, Hall and arguably even Polec have been average for a team currently sitting in 18th; I know what I'd rather have.

Who knows, perhaps if North had stopped Heppell, Shiel and Merrett from accumulating 100 disposals and 1750 metres gained between them then Parish would have had a reason to step up.
Pittard made the AA squad and Tyson has come 2nd in the Dees b&f. Those years.

Like Essendon fans are ridiculing North for trading in Tyson but I would have zero issue having him in our side. He's a better ball winner than many in our side, even with his kicking issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Parish has been dropped again...sounds like both club and player aren't meshing at the moment. Have heard rumours that we'll have a look at him come season's end, being a Geelong kid, so feel that this gathers more weight with two omissions in the first 6 rounds

Interesting that Parish has been dropped again...sounds like both club and player aren't meshing at the moment. Have heard rumours that we'll have a look at him come season's end, being a Geelong kid, so feel that this gathers more weight with two omissions in the first 6 rounds
Unless Geelong lose Kelly I don't see Geelongs need for Parish.

Can't understand what's going on with this bloke. Looked like he was going to be a jet after his first year. Was winning plenty of footy, a lot contested.

Is it the fact he's gone backwards or just can't break into the midfield?
David Myers keeps getting games in front of him on ball so we keep trying to turn him more outside off a flank.

Can't understand what's going on with this bloke. Looked like he was going to be a jet after his first year. Was winning plenty of footy, a lot contested.

Is it the fact he's gone backwards or just can't break into the midfield?
Looks like he has no confidence. Has fantastic appetite for the contest, works and runs hard. But making bad decisions more often than not. When he gets the ball if there's not an obvious target, he's like a deer in headlights. Just needs to back himself. Has all the tools.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back