Preview Round 6, 2019: Hawthorn v Carlton, 28 April 2019, 3.20pm @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a respectful game, but it also highlight the same things we have seen in the first 5 weeks of the season.

1 The chemistry going fwd is bad, our ball use going in, space in our 50 and ability to hit leads.

As with the St Kilda game, there just weren't any leads. Our midfield bomb it up there because they have nothing coming at them. Dead-easy for the defence to pick off.

As with the St Kilda game, there just weren't any leads. Our midfield bomb it up there because they have nothing coming at them. Dead-easy for the defence to pick off.

Have not seen our forwardline lead up in unison since 2015 and I don’t know why, we have elite users of the ball in Scully, Henderson, Smith and even Morrison when he gets the ball that is.
If the bombing to Puopolo continues we will struggle to kick 100 for the year!!

Carlton are ready for a towelling. Hopefully Tassie pulls out an old school shocker of a day, rain and wind, won’t suit the Blues. Best result for the Blues would be an “honourable loss” or “competitive but still growing as a group”. Looking forward to Sunday.

Carlton are ready for a towelling. Hopefully Tassie pulls out an old school shocker of a day, rain and wind, won’t suit the Blues. Best result for the Blues would be an “honourable loss” or “competitive but still growing as a group”. Looking forward to Sunday.

Weather looks like it will be fine in Launceston on Sunday.

PS - I hate Donald Trump

Stratton back most likely for Mirra. His experience desperately needed. I am not as negative about Mirra as most on here as he provides a strong body in a contest, albiet undersized, but he was poorly matched up to a Rohan type last week. Rohan had far too much pace.

Shiels hopefully back also experience desperately needed. I would rest Cousins.

Not sure if the ankle injury Cousins struggled with against the Saints was an issue against the cats but he was well down and maybe shouldn't have played in hindsight. Same could have applied to Smith who was also below the level he should be. Playing guys with injury concerns rarely works. With this in mind if McEvoy is struggling with the hip leave him out for Ceglar. It is a downgrade but Ceglar is no mug.

Lastly I think Moore should come in for Nash. Moore deserves another shot. And Nash was so invisible last game it may not be doing his confidence any good right now to keep playing him. Having said he looked a lot slower against the cats so also wondering if the leg issue he spent time off the ground against the saints was still a problem (same situation as Cousins and Smith)

Stratton in for Mirra
Shiels in for Morrison

Those are the only changes I see, maybe Ceglar comes in for BB if he's not fit.

I'd like to see Moore in for Nash though. Want to see us go a little smaller and Nash must be losing confidence playing each week and doing nothing. I think it's time, even the coaches have sent him to the backline late last week....think that's a sign.

Stratton in for Mirra
Shiels in for Morrison

Those are the only changes I see, maybe Ceglar comes in for BB if he's not fit.

I'd like to see Moore in for Nash though. Want to see us go a little smaller and Nash must be losing confidence playing each week and doing nothing. I think it's time, even the coaches have sent him to the backline late last week....think that's a sign.
Nash won't survive this week mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't mind seeing:

Out: Nash, Mirra and Morrison

In: Moore, Stratts and Shiels
I like it. I’m a Morrison fan and while he has been asked to do defence jobs at times this season he isn’t good enough at them and hasn’t gotten enough of the ball. If he stays in I’m going to assume he is doing some unrewarded stuff off the ball.

We need to aim for 15 goals and break the 100 point mark this weekend. We also play our best football on the edge, a little bit unsociable. I’d like to see strats lay down the law in the huddle before the game and we go and get our hands dirty.

I’d say it would have been the famous budster THIRTEEN THIRTEEN in 2012 I think from memory
Nope, Our biggest win in tassie and by quite some margin is 157 points

Haw: 36.15.231
Fitz 11.8.74

At North Hobart Oval.

At Launceston it's 116 points (2010)
Hawthorn: 24.11 155
Fremantle 1.5 1.7 5.9 39

Then that North game with buddy kicking thirteen in 2012 115 points

Hawthorn: 5.2 12.5 20.10 27.12 174
North: 4.1 6.4 7.4 9.5 59

Fitz 11.8.74

At North Hobart Oval.

Fremantle 1.5 1.7 5.9 39

Myself & 2 mates stole the game ball during the 3rd quarter at the North Hobart game.
We were supposed to be sitting in the grandstand on the city side but we noticed the ball always going over the back of the goals near the gates & we decided to set up to score a trophy.
It didn’t take long & the ball bobbed out to the younger brother who tossed it to me & I took off through the crowd back to the grandstand where I gave the ball to the older brother who stashed it under his mums seat.
Funny as!

Myself & 2 mates stole the game ball during the 3rd quarter at the North Hobart game.
We were supposed to be sitting in the grandstand on the city side but we noticed the ball always going over the back of the goals near the gates & we decided to set up to score a trophy.
It didn’t take long & the ball bobbed out to the younger brother who tossed it to me & I took off through the crowd back to the grandstand where I gave the ball to the older brother who stashed it under his mums seat.
Funny as!
I remember that. I remember the commentators saying "That'll get raffled at the local pub."

Don't get the Mirra omission call. I think he'll stay in.

Out: Nash, Morrison
In: Stratton, Shiels

Wouldn't be surprised if Lewis is an out too though. I thought he had a good game and shows a lot of promise, but Clarko's praise didn't sound very convincing after the match. Inferred that Lewis is a very different kind of player and that he had to move Gunston down back to create space for him.

Fitz 11.8.74

At North Hobart Oval.

Fremantle 1.5 1.7 5.9 39

Remember watching the North Hobart Oval game. Jars and Benny Allan kicked 14 goals between them !!

Don't get the Mirra omission call. I think he'll stay in.

Out: Nash, Morrison
In: Stratton, Shiels

Wouldn't be surprised if Lewis is an out too though. I thought he had a good game and shows a lot of promise, but Clarko's praise didn't sound very convincing after the match. Inferred that Lewis is a very different kind of player and that he had to move Gunston down back to create space for him.

If Lewis doesn't get a run in Tassie I'll spew up. Clarko rarely praises individuals. When he gets a question about a single player he starts to throw the word "team" and "one of many", etc. One soldier down...

He will be in the side, barring injury. Although, if you are right about Lewis, which you are not (respectfully) and Nash stayed... this board would melt down. Probably with my Titch19 friend leading the charge. ;)

Ball movement needs to be quick and swift. We have forgotten how to use angles and run/overlap from behind.

At the moment we get the ball and have to stop and wait until everyone moves up the field and by then we are stuffed and have to just bomb it in and hope for the best.

I hope we are told to run and play on and take a few risks and get some quicker players leading up to the ball rather than little Poppy trying to outmark 2 players.

The Blues will worry us with youth and pace and then 3 monsters inside forward 50.

We will need to change things up this week or we will be licking our wounds again!!!

Clarkson likes to give players a few weeks before sending them back. Unless Gunston stops moving to the right when taking a set shot no point in having him take six shots to get a goal equivalent. And on kicking for goal Bruest has been even worse since late last year. I'd like them to have at least a couple of weeks of kicking for goal practice rather than general training to get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back