The 2019 Jub Jub Memorial Supercars thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If Penske walked so would Ford
Then Dane can have his V888 series back
Why do blame 888 for this have reading about and they are lucky they have not been stripped of there points this season and if the stories are correct they cheat all last season as well. As the rules state ballast must be inside the car not outside of car.

Why do blame 888 for this have reading about and they are lucky they have not been stripped of there points this season and if the stories are correct they cheat all last season as well. As the rules state ballast must be inside the car not outside of car.
Read the press release
The Mustangs were 100% legal to race until they were winning

Up to me Ford would walk turning the series into the Opel cup

Read the press release
The Mustangs were 100% legal to race until they were winning

Up to me Ford would walk turning the series into the Opel cup
But what does that have to with 888 and it's a parity series. Supercars don t want 1 make to dominate or the fans will not turn up to watch then the sponsors will stop supporting then there is no supercars.

But what does that have to with 888 and it's a parity series. Supercars don t want 1 make to dominate or the fans will not turn up to watch then the sponsors will stop supporting then there is no supercars.
Like the year after year of 888 dominating the series
Even FOXTEL jokingly called the series the Whincup

But now there is a threat to 888 that has to be nobbled

This is getting embarrassing now. I'm down with the first 'revision' because it's a parity series and sometimes, even after initial testing, the balance scews a bit far one way so needs to be reigned in a bit. But to be taking a second bite at the cherry (and maybe more down the track?) Is pretty pathetic.

Leave it as is, learn from the situation and put better processes in for the future.

This 'on the fly' crap is eroding what little credibility the series has left.

If they go and win in Perth you can bet they'll have another crack. I'm heading to the Mountain this year for the first time, was hoping to see Mustang triumph on my Birthday but they'll be making it pretty tough.

By Bathurst there will be no downforce at all !!!

There’s no doubt the Mustangs are a lot better than the ZB’s but shouldn’t this s**t get sorted out before the season starts? How embarrassing having another go at trying to slow the Mustang down.
They must have done a hell of a half ass job of the aero testing for them to have another go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The parity thing always comes up when Holden aren't winning, won't ever change. Supercar's never worried that Merc, Volvo or Nissan were/are never competitive. It's really only DJR/Penskie that are dominating early, this will send FPR back further.

Just make it all Opal and be done with it.

They must have done a hell of a half ass job of the aero testing for them to have another go.
This.
Does nothing to dispel the entire " VASC is run by buffoons " thing

Shhhhh Roland will send his goons around.

giphy.gif

Night race this weekend practice starts tonight. It's cold here at night 6 to 10 degrees and might be wet Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to see how the fords go with the changes that have been made did ready that supercars still might make more changes hope not they are making this series look silly.

Whincup admits what everyone has been thinking..... T8 didn't work hard enough to develop the car for the linear springs.

So let's take another wheel off the Stang.

Whincup admits what everyone has been thinking..... T8 didn't work hard enough to develop the car for the linear springs.

So let's take another wheel off the Stang.
Yeah did read that I think it is the first time I have read a 888 driver complain about the team not doing the work needed to stay at the front.

Can't we just scrap this and run semi production cars with ballast for handicap as they used to? I'd rather that then cars that are pretending to be other cars by looking like those cars that don't actually look like those cars.

I kind of want the Ford's to suddenly become mid-pack runners purely for the embarrassment of the series and have to tinker with the rules back the other way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back