Society/Culture At Least 42 Dead And Hundreds Injured In Church And Hotel Bombings (Now 259 Dead)

Remove this Banner Ad

The post I quoted asked why Australia has turned on Christianity.

I don't recall DECADES of people blowing themselves up in Australia.

In fact, I don't recall that at all.

You're either lying or stupid.
But our ancestors fought for centuries religious wars against Catholics, passing the the First Suppression Act (1535) and the Second Suppression Act (1539). burning down churches, rounding up priests, even invading Europe. They had an eleven years war to suppress the Irish Catholics, then a Civil War in England itself, and beheaded the Catholic King (Charles 1st) when they won, and then banned Catholics from ever being our Monarch (English Bill of Rights 1689). They deported all those that fought in Catholic rebellions in Ireland and Scotland in the 1700's to the new world as convict labor. Our ancestors from Great Britain called it a Glorious Revolution. Then our ancestors settled colonies in Australia and locked up the Catholics during WW1. Wasn't really until WW2 post war migration that our forebears started losing their religious prejudices. This is the heritage of WASP Australia, and when dropkicks shave their heads, stick union jacks on their wall next to swastikas then go rioting in Cronulla, shooting at a Mosque in Queens Park, and fire bomb cars parked outside an Islamic school in Thornlie, yeah I cringe. This shouldn't be us. We have a responsibility to disassociate ourselves from these acts, to say this isn't representing who we are. But no, the dropkicks only demand that others denounce the prejudices within those other religions. They should acknowledge their own ancestry in their hypocrisy. Maybe when they can see that the only way to tackle the evil that comes from extremists is to enable the moderators within all cultures by encouraging them that we are all together in tackling prejudice and hatred. IMO

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Australia. Then on top of that you have the dozens of attacks that have been prevented by Intel agencies (the same Intel agencies that your type hate because it breaches your privacu(.

So essentialy in the last 15 or so years pretty much all those attacks including the thwarted ones are related to Islam.
I mean I know correlation does not equal causation but cmon if people are a little touchy about imigration from certain religious dominated regions I am not suprised.
I wish we could have open and honest discussions about these issues without the discussion being immediately shut down as some sort of phobia or ism. These are complex issues, there will be complex solutions to keep everyone happy, but we wont get there if we dont start the discussion.

Has anyone else noticed the absence of the usual left and extreme left posters on this thread? Just look at the frequent posters on the Christchurch thread to see who posted there but not here. S that because it doesn't suit their defence of Islam and their hatred for anything western.?
They are just brainwashed sheep.

#BREAKING Waleed Aly yet to comment on Sri Lankan church bombings as makeup team fails to replicate realistic tears.

I try to be a half decent person and not wish genuine harm onto others but the scumbag Waleed really pushes my limits. I just can't believe someome can be that much of a piece of s**t in reality, it must be an act. That probably makes it worse then. **** I hope he drops his toast butter side down tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

#BREAKING Waleed Aly yet to comment on Sri Lankan church bombings as makeup team fails to replicate realistic tears.
When he does it will be along the lines of; "it's very sad that that these Sri Lankans had to die in retaliation for the actions of the WHITE SUPREMIST who murdered those poor, innocent Muslims in Christchurch.

I try to be a half decent person and not wish genuine harm onto others but the scumbag Waleed really pushes my limits. I just can't believe someome can be that much of a piece of s**t in reality, it must be an act. That probably makes it worse then. **** I hope he drops his toast butter side down tomorrow.
[/QUOTE]
What many ignoramous's don't know (or more to the point, refuse to acknowledge) is that he was the spokesman for the Islamic Council prior to being on The Panel. He is neither impartial or balanced in his commentary and needs to be held accountable for his biased commentary.

IS operative arrested in Turkey over a credible threat to the ANZAC service. Its a shitshow now. An absolute shitshow. That dickhead in Christchurch should be crucified Saudi style to send a message that he isnt representative of us. But also all of these Neville Chamberlain so called leaders are culpable as well. Credit to Turkey they have also banned locals from the Gallipoli service just in case.

Last edited:
IS operative arrested in Turkey over a credible threat to the ANZAC service. Its a shitshow now. An absolute shitshow. That dickhead in Christchurch should be crucified Saudi style to send a message that he isnt representative of us. But also all of these Neville Chamberlain so called leaders are culpable as well. Credit to Turkey they have also banned locals from the Gallipoli service just in case.
They dramatically reduced the number of dawn services in a NZ city (Auckland I think) a couple of weeks back.

The rhetoric used at the time linked the decision to the Christchurch incident when it was pretty obvious they are terrified of reprisal attacks more than the possibility of a white nationalist shooting up an Anzac dawn service.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if I am thinking about this too much, but tomorrow is the first time in a very long time that I'm fearful that something might go down.

I back our spooks to have the finger on the pulse of what's going on in the extremist community. But I'm a bit wary at the moment.

I don't know if I am thinking about this too much, but tomorrow is the first time in a very long time that I'm fearful that something might go down.

I back our spooks to have the finger on the pulse of what's going on in the extremist community. But I'm a bit wary at the moment.
Seems too obvious. Would be more worried about a peak hour train or when a large crowd is gathered outside a sporting event etc.

Maybe attend a smaller service.

For several years, every time I go somewhere there’s a big crowd - tonight, season-opener, Boxing Day, finals - I wonder if this is the one they’ll target. Maybe it’s unfair, but I resent Muslims generally for making this part of our lives. I just don’t understand why we are accommodating them and honestly believe Trump is one of the few world leaders with his head screwed on.

I don’t think it’s possible for our spooks to * up as bad as the Sri Lankans did

Our security forces can't stop everything, more likely to stop a Sri Lankan type thing based on known individual, groups, external groups and all the communication; but still no guarantee. The Bourke St guy with a knife and gas cylinders though is pretty hard to stop.

If we worry too much about it we have already lost. 12 months ago to the day I was in two of those hotels and had breakfast at the cinnamon grand. Someone is going to be in the wrong place at the wrong time like getting on one of those Boeing max planes, or driving home and some drunk crashes into you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back