Round 6 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah exactly my thoughts. Hately was really good last week so I don't mind missing on Ross. I'm hoping I didn't screw myself with getting Hore, hoping he can make at least another 150-200k to make the Clark trade worthwhile. I need him to be my best cash cow now (apart from walsh and constable), considering I missed Petrucelle, ROB, Miers

You didn't screw yourself, I reckon he'll settle into scores of 60-70 which is fine

Imagine not getting Ross this week was my only trade and the biggest no brainer from the interviews of some of the Richmond boys they keep calling him the manchild they rekon he looks like his 28 years old and picked up so much of the game of Cotch so quickly

Good not to lose too many wickets on the first day but your run rate is a little lacking. Hopefully you can push towards a 500+ total before declaring.
:tearsofjoy:

Gawn and bray ok. Although Hore was down on his previous couple of weeks 60 odd is quite acceptable. Having the E on Ross means Setterfield will now come onto the ground. If Constable scores more than 92, too bad.

Greenwood back in the side today will be all over Merrett

I think he'll start on Merrett but if Shiel gets gong he could switch

Merrett still usually tons on Greenwood anyway including a 137 and also a one bad 50 odd

This is the cheapest he'll be all season IMO

Last edited:
Gawn and bray ok. Although Hore was down on his previous couple of weeks 60 odd is quite acceptable. Having the E on Ross means Setterfield will now come onto the ground. If Constable scores more than 92, too bad.

Seems to be a lot of 284/3 going around, think 8/18 in Div 1 with that score.

We’re actually versing each other in that league, and I’ll be doing the exact same thing with Ross’s emergency score. Can’t see Constable beating that by any considerable margin if at all, so the smart safe play is to bank those points.

Gawn VC is boardline for me, most weeks I’d take that safe score. Having Rocky makes me second guess that, reckon I’ll be rolling the dice with him

I think he'll start on Merrett but if Shiel gets gong he could switch

Merrett still usually tons on Greenwood anyway including a 137 and also a one bad 50 odd

This is the cheapest he'll be all season IMO

Treloar will go to Shiel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the port rookies still to come, Parker and linc mccarthy if they don’t get dropped and Kelly who will cop hutchings I need 380+ from Grundy, treloar and crisp else I’m looking at under 2000 again..what are my chances??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
lol no way you get 380+ from the group, that is just expecting too much. You need to put Crisp with the rookie group this week, he won't get over 80 today. 260 from Trel + Grundy is achievable though

Port are going in unchanged just for your information.
That's great to hear. A real opportunity for their rooks and premos to post some tasty scores tomorrow. I personally plan to play all of their youngsters on my field this round with Drew looped over Parker (via Setters) although I'm sure that will be unnecessary.

Last edited:
Seems to be a lot of 284/3 going around, think 8/18 in Div 1 with that score.

We’re actually versing each other in that league, and I’ll be doing the exact same thing with Ross’s emergency score. Can’t see Constable beating that by any considerable margin if at all, so the smart safe play is to bank those points.

Gawn VC is boardline for me, most weeks I’d take that safe score. Having Rocky makes me second guess that, reckon I’ll be rolling the dice with him
As you know, I’m hoping Zerrett has a big game tonight and therefore don’t have to worry about who to captain.
Agree. The four that we have from last night are a popular combination.
I was really surprised that the opponent in my cash league had the same players as me yet just left Constable on field without putting the E on Ross. Not very clever.

Regarding Brayshaw.. He played purely on the wing and a little bit up forward last night. No time in the middle hence him not racking up tackles.

They also moved Oliver forward and decided Melkshem and Pettracca were better options in the middle for what ever reason. Can't see it staying like that. Oliver and Brayshaw are their best midfielders, they will end up back in the guts.

Regarding Brayshaw.. He played purely on the wing and a little bit up forward last night. No time in the middle hence him not racking up tackles.

They also moved Oliver forward and decided Melkshem and Pettracca were better options in the middle for what ever reason. Can't see it staying like that. Oliver and Brayshaw are their best midfielders, they will end up back in the guts.
Why do these coaches just do these stupid things? Most of them are too smart for their own good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back