Captains Captains Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sloane firing for those who went out on a limb and away from the norm this week. Stoked to finally get a bloody captain pick right since Cogs 160 in round 1....
Yeah I took the gamble with Sloane and looked like a great call, until he hardly scored last 15 minutes! Still, definitely take it...

Yeah I took the gamble with Sloane and looked like a great call, until he hardly scored last 15 minutes! Still, definitely take it...
Looked like he got stuck forward and did sweet * all in those minutes. Seems Adelaide were in cruise mode and most of their mids did nothing in the last quarter. Pity. Would have been on track for 140 odd

Gawn VC safe for 115 but I need more than that to not go with Ro(C)ky this week. Rockpig will be massive, could see a repeat of JLT2.
So that means I'll go Bray VC, could be another one of those games where he struggles to 100, which means I will confidently go with Rocky. I'm worried about the short turnaround with melbourne players, and Bray already has fitness issues considering his TOG, but if he somehow gets it together he could get 140+. My line this week will probably be 130 which is crazy

Struggling with my loophole this week

Oliver-Grundy
Oliver-Danger
Oliver-Merrett
Oliver-Lloyd

or skip Oliver and start with Merrett

Really hard to split Gawn and Grundy for VC. Think either of them could go absolutely huge. As a result will probably go Gawn VC and Grundy C despite Brodie being available as a loophole option himself.

Surely Grundy destroys Essendon. Their rucks have leaked points all season

VC Grundy
C Lllloooooyyddddd

On board with Grundy VC but not sure Lloyd C is the way to go this week. Read somewhere he averaged 93 from his 3 games against the Giants last year but admittedly he has gone to a whole new level this season.

I'll toss a coin between Grundy and Brayshaw VC. Bray against Richmond who've been a field day for fantasy scoring (Whitfield, Lloyd, etc). Also due for a big game.

Will be needing 125+, as Fremantle's recent form against mids indicates Crae could be in for a big score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought so too but 2019 has been a different beast. Grundy 112 and then the rest sub 85.
Thinking Grundy may be the better choice this week.
Yeah saw someone post this in the trade thread and thought I was tripping. But appears right. Maybe Balta in helps Nank out in culling oppo rucks. I went full * and didn’t start Grundy so thinking I’ll have to go brayshaw for the loop. Don’t trust Oliver currently

I'll toss a coin between Grundy and Brayshaw VC. Bray against Richmond who've been a field day for fantasy scoring (Whitfield, Lloyd, etc). Also due for a big game.

Will be needing 125+, as Fremantle's recent form against mids indicates Crae could be in for a big score.

Basically got the same choice, and kind of feel tied to Crae as the C (because why did I pay the big bucks--and why am I keeping him--if I'm not willing to C him?), but I am a little concerned about the after-effects of Bevo's apparent mid-game stroke last week.

Which of course makes the VC decision all the more important. I'm leaning to Gus.

Good one
You’ve convinced me!
Go bray go! That way if he stuffs up I’ve doubled down as a unique pick AND a unique VC!

I apologise in advance for when he pumps our a 90...

Nah Richmond leak midfield points. I smell a 130+.

Last edited:
VC Treloar

C Rocky

Line for Trel, 130

After seeing how deplorable the Kangas have been this season, Rocky was always a lock for captaincy. Trel will have to pull out something pretty special for me not to follow through

Remove this Banner Ad

Back