Game Day AFL Round 6 - Matchday Discussion Collingwood@Essendon(MCG– 3:20PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theyve had a few easy oppnonents far but playing ok. Hope we give them a reality check like we did to brisbane

Whe is ok even if a bit underdone because I think the emphasis is on speed and locking it in in the front half with forward pressure, given Essendons high scores from the back half. Even if he's rusty, he can probably do that better than anyone else we have.

Off to the dawn service with my two eldest kids.

Not often that the footy is at the back of my mind, but today is always one of those days.

Bombers by 11 with Tipungwuti wining the medal. Just can’t see how we match their pace.

Thing with Essendon, they can only play one way. We just need to control the footy, make them go out wide, and not through the corridor, and we should be able to win this one. Pretty much what we did to them last year.

Love Anzac Day the Crowd and the respect & Honour that is paid to the Veterans who fought and gave their lives for this great country.

The game for me is pretty simple we bring our A game we win, if we play like we did against Geelong and West Coast this is a danger game, with the day and honour we have playing on this day we will bring our best.

Pies by 27pts Grundy Anzac Medal

What's the story with McKernan? That's one of the reasons that I'm not a big fan of Roughy in the team. Unless a team plays a second ruck up forward, I think finding a match up is going to be a bit of an ongoing issue.

McKernan is injured. He'd have been a logical match up for Roughead if playing. Roughead will see some mismatches whenever there is a really athletic full forward for the opposition. Essendon only play one ruck so doubt they'll have a resting ruck.

Greenwood should just go to Merrett and be done with it. No messing around on flanks.

Take their best player out of the game, it's his best role and Merrett is an ideal candidate for Levi.

Lose a bit with Elliott out but we know this forward mix works. WHE was the league's most consistent forward for at least the first half of last year, being the last man standing in the goal every game stat.

I tend to think players who return from long term injuries play one good game before dropping off a bit in the second and building from there. Daniher had his good game last week. WHE will have his this week.

Still, it will be won and lost in the midfield. Shiel will be important for them. We must take full advantage of Grundy and get more of the footy. We do this, we win.

Essendon are a dangerous prospect here. They seem to have timed it to have their complete team ready for this particular game. Even Danniher is in FFS.... We will struggle with height re their tall overhead marking forwards.

Darcy says hi

Maybe it's overconfidence, but we're the better side. If we play to our best we will win, simple. I'm not worried seeing as we have been pretty consistent bar when teams have tried to play keepings off with us and slow down play. We know Essendon won't do this - it will be like Brisbane last week, which is fine. We know they might get goals due to the speed, but so will we when we equally catch them off guard. I rate our defence higher, and of course our midfield, so win the contested ball and clearances and we shouldn't have a problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very surprising selection but I'm excited to see WHE play today. I'm interested to see how we use him. I'm hoping that without Jamie in the team he gets played mostly forward to give JDG the freedom for increased midfield minutes.

Yes a surprise, but 42 goals last season makes him a another dangerous forward that Essendon will have to contend with, so I thought he may have been a chance to come straight back in, once fit.

The 2002 game is being shown on Fox Footy now. It’s amazing how much better the commentary was then.

Thanks watching it now......and we win :)

Essendon give up easily when the chips are down so if we put the scoreboard pressure on early I think they'll find it hard to come back. They play really good momentum footy so if it's a close one they'll sense it and their supporters will jizz everywhere at the prospect of winning. Should be a great game!

The 2002 game is being shown on Fox Footy now. It’s amazing how much better the commentary was then.

This is the game in which I may have said.......McGough will be the next Diesel Williams :$

Just offloaded a gorilla on big Cox to snag the first sausage roll at 17/1.

Wish me luck.
You must be a truly awful punter if anyone lets you on for $1,000 on a FGS prop.

Essendon last 3 wins against North (58 pts), Brisbane (62 pts), Melbourne (18 pts).

I’m not worried at all. They won’t score like they have the past 3 weeks. Our midfield will dominate tomorrow.
Brisbane was 47 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back