Preview Round 6, 2019: St.Kilda v Adelaide - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 27th April, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 81 81.8%
  • Crows

Votes: 18 18.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add to that we havn't been able to beat them since 2011 so i wouldn't be too cocky , as i have said before IMO we hanv't beaten anyone yet , beat the crows and we are heading the right direction
Crows have beaten Gold Coast Suns and Sydney, lost to Hawthorn, North and the Cats - they aren't that flash.

If there was one game we probably didn't want to lose Geary for it is probably this one. Control Eddie and you have gone 25% toward winning against Crows.

Having said that, I think it is still a 50/50 game. I am not completely sold on our form line - but you can't do much more than win. If Saints can reproduce the form of second half against Melbourne then I think this game is ours to win. If Crows have found form then I can see them beating us....but not by much.

Our best ball users need to have very good games - Billings, Webster, Wilkie, Acres. I think we match them in the forward line, man up well on their forwards (shame about Geary), they may have slight edge in the middle.

We all know they are better than their form shows and the fact is we havnt beaten them in 7 years
Ahh yes - and of course we are actually worse than our form indicates.

They were 12th last year and this year they have lost to teams placed 13th, 16th and 18th on the ladder.

Ahh yes - and of course we are actually worse than our form indicates.

They were 12th last year and this year they have lost to teams placed 13th, 16th and 18th on the ladder.

They are good on paper but have some serious mental scars. There are some parallels with us post 2010, they seem to be mentally shot from being the best side and falling short a couple of years in a row.

If there was one game we probably didn't want to lose Geary for it is probably this one. Control Eddie and you have gone 25% toward winning against Crows.

Having said that, I think it is still a 50/50 game. I am not completely sold on our form line - but you can't do much more than win. If Saints can reproduce the form of second half against Melbourne then I think this game is ours to win. If Crows have found form then I can see them beating us....but not by much.

Our best ball users need to have very good games - Billings, Webster, Wilkie, Acres. I think we match them in the forward line, man up well on their forwards (shame about Geary), they may have slight edge in the middle.
D Mac has done some good lock down roles since coming in last year, so it's not like he hasn't done it before.

I have more question marks on White doing the role if they coaches chose to bring him in instead since he is more hit or miss. But he did a great job on Toby Greene last year so he has the capabilities.

They are good on paper but have some serious mental scars. There are some parallels with us post 2010, they seem to be mentally shot from being the best side and falling short a couple of years in a row.
i think it will be very close. Odds suggest that not that they have been good this year. I still think there is something in long winning records. We need to break that. We are going well enough to do it.

That can also be said for Melb, hawks and ess.

On DUB-LX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thanks for backing up what i was saying , we got all three of the above teams at the right time for one reason or another , im not saying we cant beat the crows i just think we shouldnt be too cocky and by the way Pebbles they may have been 12th last year and they still fixed us up by 50 points on our own turf

D Mac has done some good lock down roles since coming in last year, so it's not like he hasn't done it before.

I have more question marks on White doing the role if they coaches chose to bring him in instead since he is more hit or miss. But he did a great job on Toby Greene last year so he has the capabilities.

White seems a more accountable one on one defender where Danny Mac has more of a Geary like chaos-ball, crash and bash defensive game. Dan seems a more adaptable option with pretty good ground ball and contested game. White is good in the air and knows when to leave his man to intercept but could get exposed when the ball hits the ground. It will come down to match ups I guess.

Thanks for backing up what i was saying , we got all three of the above teams at the right time for one reason or another , im not saying we cant beat the crows i just think we shouldnt be too cocky and by the way Pebbles they may have been 12th last year and they still fixed us up by 50 points on our own turf
Yeah I know - it was such a shock result after the stellar performance we'd put in against North the week before.

I'm a Saints supporter so I'm not cocky - however the Crows performances have not been good. On exposed form we have every chance of beating them irrespective of what happened last year or the six preceding years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory Gears has done a good job on Betts before. Can be a good chance for Paton to get the job. Id say he has him for speed and has heen good defensively in the air

Crows have beaten Gold Coast Suns and Sydney, lost to Hawthorn, North and the Cats - they aren't that flash.
To be fair, we've been pretty lucky with our draw also.

We caught Essendon at a good time and Melbourne are a shambles. We were very lucky to get over Gold Coast and got Hawthorn on a good week too.

It's far from a sure thing this week.

Well I can honestly say I am more excited about my footy than I have been in a long time. For many of us we don't have many other hobbies so the start of AFL season is a highlight of the year. And the game each week is the highlight of the week. But to anticipate each week and come away disappointed, heart-broken, miserable, frustrated or just plain sad is not fun at all. But after a few good wins, the heart soars, the mood lifts, and the anticipation builds. Finally, something to be excited about!

"Me, I like football
But there's a lot of things around
When you line them up together
The footy wins hands down "

White seems a more accountable one on one defender where Danny Mac has more of a Geary like chaos-ball, crash and bash defensive game. Dan seems a more adaptable option with pretty good ground ball and contested game. White is good in the air and knows when to leave his man to intercept but could get exposed when the ball hits the ground. It will come down to match ups I guess.
DMac also has the big running capacity which White struggles with.
Both could play the role but are very different players.

West coast and collingwood are the leaders at the mo. We are slowly bridging the gap.

I agree but it's such an incredibly even comp that even IF we continue to play as well as we have been- most weeks are still very much a flip of the coin, could go either way proposition.
(This week v the crows is no exception)

We are in a pack of probably a dozen other teams genuinely fighting it out for anywhere between ~3rd and 15th.

This comp even-ness isn't just this year either, remember the hawks for instance last year went from looking likely to miss finals altogether, to top 4 because of fortuitous results in other games late in the year.

(Yes of course they, like melb, got found out in finals)

Long story short though- even continuing to play well doesn't mean we'll win most weeks.

We will be up to our necks in it though.

Personally i think the crouch bros and sloane will get hold of our midfield this week and the cows will beat us in a close one.

To be fair, we've been pretty lucky with our draw also.

We caught Essendon at a good time and Melbourne are a shambles. We were very lucky to get over Gold Coast and got Hawthorn on a good week too.

It's far from a sure thing this week.
Nothing is a sure thing, however it would be nice to acknowledge that the Saints are playing good football instead of diminishing our victories.

V GC, close all game, a makeshift backline, no Brown, Joyce third game, Wilkie first game. A close tussle against an underrated team.

V Essendon. Shut down their run with structure. When they got going we held them and were 4 goals up with 2 minutes to go.

V Freo. I reckon our poorest game but took them to within 5 points and Freo has a great formline

V Hawks 26 points down midway through the 3rd. They dont kick another goal we kick 5 snd win. They had two down, we had one. No excuse.

V Melbourne. Just smashed them all over the park. Them 10 day break us 6. 4th qtr we looked gassed and just shut the game down. Most professional display since RTB's days.

I think you play as well as the opposition lets you and our victories have all been meritorious.

Nothing lucky about the way we have played.

Nothing is a sure thing, however it would be nice to acknowledge that the Saints are playing good football instead of diminishing our victories.

V GC, close all game, a makeshift backline, no Brown, Joyce third game, Wilkie first game. A close tussle against an underrated team.

V Essendon. Shut down their run with structure. When they got going we held them and were 4 goals up with 2 minutes to go.

V Freo. I reckon our poorest game but took them to within 5 points and Freo has a great formline

V Hawks 26 points down midway through the 3rd. They dont kick another goal we kick 5 snd win. They had two down, we had one. No excuse.

V Melbourne. Just smashed them all over the park. Them 10 day break us 6. 4th qtr we looked gassed and just shut the game down. Most professional display since RTB's days.

I think you play as well as the opposition lets you and our victories have all been meritorious.

Nothing lucky about the way we have played.

Agree 100%

Hugely important game this one , they have owned us off half back .

Really looking forward to see how we go , need supporters to get there , has big ramifications for new
Memberships too , everyone likes a winner .

What's the go with Bruce? I heard talk that he might not come up for this game. Could be a chance to slot a wildcard like Marsh in at FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back