VAFA General Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its funny going to other leagues & having a beer, over 15 years in the vafa you kind of feel like your doing something wrong. Ive said it before selling beers wont solve clubs problems but standing on the hill in round 2 with the nice weather I couldn't help think geez it would be nice to have a beer right now.

Its funny going to other leagues & having a beer, over 15 years in the vafa you kind of feel like your doing something wrong. Ive said it before selling beers wont solve clubs problems but standing on the hill in round 2 with the nice weather I couldn't help think geez it would be nice to have a beer right now.
And let's allow the Neanderthals to fill their boots, shout abuse and generally make a pests of themselves.

We have something that separates us from the other community competitions and we should hang onto it.

I don't have an issue with extending the drinking time in a confined food area, but let's not kowtow to piss pots. If people can't contain their consumption of alcohol for a couple of hours they have a problem in my view.

And let's allow the Neanderthals to fill their boots, shout abuse and generally make a pests of themselves.

We have something that separates us from the other community competitions and we should hang onto it.

I don't have an issue with extending the drinking time in a confined food area, but let's not kowtow to piss pots. If people can't contain their consumption of alcohol for a couple of hours they have a problem in my view.

I think your going to extremes there, not every game in every league ends up in a crowd brawl that sells beer, quite the opposite in fact.

ps I never said I wanted to fill my boots shout abuse or make a pest of myself & I have gone over a decade of not having a beer in the vafa. All I am saying is I think I am mature enough to have a choice.

I think your going to extremes there, not every game in every league ends up in a crowd brawl that sells beer, quite the opposite in fact.

ps I never said I wanted to fill my boots shout abuse or make a pest of myself & I have gone over a decade of not having a beer in the vafa. All I am saying is I think I am mature enough to have a choice.
No you didn't say you wanted to fill your boots, nor did I suggest it. What I was putting is that once you open that option piss pots will abuse it. You only need a few to spoil it for the many.

Of course it doesn't happen at every game, but it happens often enough. I know of clubs on the Mornington Peninsula who have their own security in order to control it.

As I said, nothing against the time being extended in confined food areas as a sensible compromise.

We have a point of difference to other competitions. We shouldn't be browbeaten into following because a few people can't seem to control themselves for a couple of hours.

Far out you live in an absolute dream world. I’ve been to over 50 vafa and 50 games of “paid” football and never seen a hint of trouble.

You are complete delusional about what happens. Literally most blokes enjoy a couple of beers and have a chat like at 99.9% of pubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No you didn't say you wanted to fill your boots, nor did I suggest it. What I was putting is that once you open that option piss pots will abuse it. You only need a few to spoil it for the many.

Of course it doesn't happen at every game, but it happens often enough. I know of clubs on the Mornington Peninsula who have their own security in order to control it.

As I said, nothing against the time being extended in confined food areas as a sensible compromise.

We have a point of difference to other competitions. We shouldn't be browbeaten into following because a few people can't seem to control themselves for a couple of hours.

I have honestly never in my time come across someone who has said I come to watch because there is no booze.

I am happy to go with whatever is decided by the vafa clubs, at the end of the day they are the stakeholders & it should be their choice. But to say that a relaxation of this rule will cause violence is a bit far.

I have honestly never in my time come across someone who has said I come to watch because there is no booze.

I am happy to go with whatever is decided by the vafa clubs, at the end of the day they are the stakeholders & it should be their choice. But to say that a relaxation of this rule will cause violence is a bit far.
Maybe the s**t footy league has had trouble . I agree in a way with AM . You must have to have a sit down meal , as it is now , but the hours are say extended to Half-Time.

Far out you live in an absolute dream world. I’ve been to over 50 vafa and 50 games of “paid” football and never seen a hint of trouble.

You are complete delusional about what happens. Literally most blokes enjoy a couple of beers and have a chat like at 99.9% of pubs
Wow! 50. That's a couple of years worth then.

I've been to many more of both. I've seen abuse beyond the pale at one VAFA game. Plenty at other community games. As I said earlier, I know of clubs on the Mornington Peninsula who have employed security to keep these matters from getting out of control. Odd they'd do that if it wasn't an issue.

Most people do control themselves but you only need a handful to spoil it for the many.

I doubt the VAFA will allow unrestricted drinking but will allow the extension of drinking in the food areas. Which is a reasonable compromise.

We have a point of difference and those who need to watch a game with a can of beer in their mitts have other choices. Maybe some issues too.

Wow! 50. That's a couple of years worth then.

I've been to many more of both. I've seen abuse beyond the pale at one VAFA game. Plenty at other community games. As I said earlier, I know of clubs on the Mornington Peninsula who have employed security to keep these matters from getting out of control. Odd they'd do that if it wasn't an issue.

Most people do control themselves but you only need a handful to spoil it for the many.

I doubt the VAFA will allow unrestricted drinking but will allow the extension of drinking in the food areas. Which is a reasonable compromise.

We have a point of difference and those who need to watch a game with a can of beer in their mitts have other choices. Maybe some issues too.
A point of difference doesn’t actually always mean that’s a good thing.

Maybe the s**t footy league has had trouble . I agree in a way with AM . You must have to have a sit down meal , as it is now , but the hours are say extended to Half-Time.
Apart from behavioural issues if the intent is to financially benefit clubs the only way is for them to manage the sales. Otherwise punters will rock up with supplies from their local which offers no financial gain for clubs.

Wonder what HedgeFund thinks?

I really don’t think this new convo is involving a sit down meal.

Far out let clubs sell a couple of beers to help fundraise and get a few people down.

4 clubs have dropped down or left this year and I dare say more aren’t far off. 2 went to leagues where they can sell a beers.

Do you get scared attending your local pub to watch the footy?

Far out let clubs sell a couple of beers to help fundraise and get a few people down.

4 clubs have dropped down or left this year and I dare say more aren’t far off. 2 went to leagues where they can sell a beers.

Totally agree, it’s like VAFA are associate members of the rachibites 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Totally agree, it’s like VAFA are associate members of the rachibites 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

I reckon we should be allowed to open the bar at half time of the seniors. You Can’t get too smashed in half a game of footy!

I’d hate to have the bar open from the start of the thirds and have blokes/chicks maggoted by the end of the ressies...

A lot of clubs don’t have facilities to watch the game from the clubrooms, so the extended luncheon idea won’t work.

Do the numbers, I have said this in the past. You make $2.50 per can approx. say you sell 50 extra cans. That is only $112.50 profit. A decent meat raffle would raise more.

Even if you sold an extra 400 cans, that $1,000 a game or a maximum $9,000 a season.

Not sure alcohol will be the saviour of struggling clubs.

Max “only coke” Leader

Do the numbers, I have said this in the past. You make $2.50 per can approx. say you sell 50 extra cans. That is only $112.50 profit. A decent meat raffle would raise more.

Even if you sold an extra 400 cans, that $1,000 a game or a maximum $9,000 a season.

Not sure alcohol will be the saviour of struggling clubs.

Max “only coke” Leader

Spot on Max. Beer is not the answer. Your numbers are spot on. As are AM’s wise words on the matter. Drink less..be your best!
Aim for 150-200 members. Get the past players involved with a past players memebership package. Only needs to be $100-200.
Get some good sponsors. Look after these sponsors by having a sponsors support booklet so that their goods and services are purchased and promoted. Have raffles. Have 2 functions a year that are about making money. Silent auctions etc.
A Committee dinner fundraiser.
Make sure players pay subs. Talk to uni’s and gyms re trainer help. Work experience type help.
Not beer and bogans on match day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back