PS4 Days Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched a GameSpot video that claimed the game is 30 hours long and 6 hours of cut scenes. 30 hours isn't too bad for a AAA single player game that isn't an RPG these days I guess.

The footage though was just about 5 or so minutes of Deacon being chased by a herd. Firstly I noticed be had about 700 rounds of AR ammo. Ammo clearly isn't at a premium, to have that much I assume there is always lots to shoot at. The video seemed heavily scripted though as he was running around being chased by an endless herd and setting off environmental traps every where. However, despite mowing down countless enemies with his AR and wiping out large numbers with traps more just keep coming. At one point it looked like a second herd joined in.

I hope there is more to the game than just s**t loads of ammo to mow down endless swarms of zombies. I was hoping this would be a much better State of Decay.

Yah this is what I'm worried about. That clip is pretty old though.. I'm sure it was the first clip I ever saw on the game, and subsequent clips have shown less hoards.

Hopeful but cautious

The review embargo hasn't been lifted so close to release it's getting people worried that the game might not be that good.
Yep, that has me a little concerned too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm about an hour and a half in. Intro/tutorial is pretty long and I'm getting the impression it is trying really hard to be an open world TLOU. The map doesn't look to be that big. Weapon/crafting wheel feels really clunky. Environment looks fantastic though. Looks like there is plenty to do though which is always good.

Don't know what the reviews are on about I'm enjoying this.

Me too, just finding it very vanilla. But too be fair it's hard for an open world game to stand out these days. It's a very over saturated market.

One thing I'm disappointed in is the night time though. I was under the impression it was meant to be more difficult, kind of like Dying Light with tougher and more aggressive enemies. I'll wait until later in the game though as more enemy types are introduced. So far the most dangerous thing I've come across at night is getting killed by a pack of wolves as I can just sprint past zombies.

Newts are messed up. Games and movies are often shy about portraying children.

Me too, just finding it very vanilla. But too be fair it's hard for an open world game to stand out these days. It's a very over saturated market.

One thing I'm disappointed in is the night time though. I was under the impression it was meant to be more difficult, kind of like Dying Light with tougher and more aggressive enemies. I'll wait until later in the game though as more enemy types are introduced. So far the most dangerous thing I've come across at night is getting killed by a pack of wolves as I can just sprint past zombies.

Newts are messed up. Games and movies are often shy about portraying children.

Yes it's a pretty generic open world game like an open wold TLOU

Even after a fuel tank upgrade I'm still preferring to run around on foot. The map just isn't that big, absolutely churn through fuel and it's nigh on impossible to sneak up to something at night after you've alerted 50 zombies on the way. Only draw back is not being able to quicksave without having the bike near, and sometimes I run to a Nero research on foot only to learn that I needed the bike to make a jump :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back