Preview Gold Coast Suns vs Brisbane Lions Saturday 27 April 2019 - 1.45 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smaller and faster. Called Answerth. Not sure about lester. I know I said 10 mins ago I'll lose my s**t but I'll hold onto it until I watch his opponents run away from him.

Given we had several options for that backline spot, I think we can trust in Fagan and co. making the right call based on gameplan etc.

For *s sake Lester is named. He can’t man anyone up and isn’t at afl standard.He wouldn’t get a run anywhere else.Even heard a kid sledge him last year by saying ‘give me your Gatorade you haven’t earned it’post match.

Only one I'm a bit disappointed in is Ryan Lester, him and Answerth are both backline players so who goes further up the ground?

I really don’t mind who comes in, but I’m surprised no one has mentioned Ryan Lester. He must be a chance to replace Andrews, unless he’s been earmarked as the replacement for Hodge and that’s it. His form in the twos has been good and I’ll be surprised if he’s not in the team in the next few weeks. I’m not convinced about first year/ first game players providing run out of the backline, which players like Bailey and Cox have not been able to do in their first few games. Allison or Hinge are more likely to offer that than Answerth from what I’ve seen, though I’m a little behind in my reserves watching this year.
Well I think I was the only one to call this. Good move by the coaches selecting Ryan Lester. Might trigger first Thursday night meltdown of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Staggered that a slow team like us thinks bringing in Lester is a good idea. I know he has good traits but for mine we’ve seen enough of him to know he’s very much a depth player.
After two losses it's time for depth, hence Lester, Taylor and Cutler coming in. All good choices.

Changes make sense would of been good to see either Wooler or Fullerton replace McStay though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back