State Focus WA 2019 - Western Australia's junior footy talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our state 18’s are headed to Adelaide this week for two games on Friday and Saturday. The list from West Perth are Jaxon Prior, Heath Chapman, Michael Mallard, Zac Partterson, Ryan Hudson and Ben Johnson.

Anyone have lists from other clubs?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our state 18’s are headed to Adelaide this week for two games on Friday and Saturday. The list from West Perth are Jaxon Prior, Heath Chapman, Michael Mallard, Zac Partterson, Ryan Hudson and Ben Johnson.

Anyone have lists from other clubs?

It's not the state 18s. It's academy players and some additionals they are watching. But no, I don't have a list.

Anyone got a list of who is the WA academy for the U/18s....noticed for the derby colts game EF are missing a plethora of players...Luke Jackson, Rivers, Ruscoe, Walker, Wright, Jai Jackson, Chad Warner and Jez Sharp who isn't listed for EF league side either....not too sure who SF are missing bar Manfred Kelly....are the U/18s having trials or something?

Anyone got a list of who is the WA academy for the U/18s....noticed for the derby colts game EF are missing a plethora of players...Luke Jackson, Rivers, Ruscoe, Walker, Wright, Jai Jackson, Chad Warner and Jez Sharp who isn't listed for EF league side either....not too sure who SF are missing bar Manfred Kelly....are the U/18s having trials or something?
U/18s on a 3 day camp in South Aus have taken the academy plus twenty others to play South Aus twice in 3 days, 5 underagers from the academy aren't there because they are in Melb representing Aus against NZ.
After this week they will settle on their final squad for the 18s national champs.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These boys are playing in the Australian U17 side against NZ this weekend. Schofield is from here but playing in SA. These are all 2002 born and bottom agers U18 so available for the 2020 draft.

Taj Schofield (WA/Subiaco/WWT)
Nathan O'Driscoll (WA/Perth)
Brandon Walker (WA/East Fremantle)
Zane Trew (WA/Swan Districts)
Logan McDonald (WA/Perth)
Denver Grainger-Barras (WA/Swan Districts)

Just going off performances so far in the colts, the latter 5 kids are real talents, whilst Taj Schofield last year played some great footy from all accounts not only in the U/16s for WA but also as an under under age player in the Subi colts team.

Just going off performances so far in the colts, the latter 5 kids are real talents, whilst Taj Schofield last year played some great footy from all accounts not only in the U/16s for WA but also as an under under age player in the Subi colts team.

Have not seen a lot of taj play so to be fair can’t really say,but from what I have seen I thought is this kid there on his own talent or last name .it’s seems a few kids get an easy ride with a famous last name.

100% agree on that. Seems to be happening a lot

I use to think the same but after watching the Colts grand final last year, he held his ground and he was a year younger then the bottom agers.

I met him a couple of times and he has a high work ethic guided by a specific training program managed by his dad. Look at what his old man done for Subi. judging by his fathers achievements, you'd think he would have in place a big plan for his son too.

His surname has certainly made it easier for him but he is working very hard.

100% agree on that. Seems to be happening a lot

its not only footy where that happens. basketball is rife with it. There's a couple of ex-NBA players whose offspring have been in the U16 and U18 team this year and previous years (and both have made these teams as bottom agers). And there are many other people who question the inclusion of said children. Especially in a team of 10 players...

I use to think the same but after watching the Colts grand final last year, he held his ground and he was a year younger then the bottom agers.

I met him a couple of times and he has a high work ethic guided by a specific training program managed by his dad. Look at what his old man done for Subi. judging by his fathers achievements, you'd think he would have in place a big plan for his son too.

His surname has certainly made it easier for him but he is working very hard.
It actually makes it harder for the kid as the media builds pressure.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back