Preview Round 6, 2019: Hawthorn v Carlton, 28 April 2019, 3.20pm @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys here it is after watching the Anzac day match and Essendon was outclassed in the first half, what kept them in the game x factor in there fwd line big marks and two massive kicks from Joey d and stringer.

When I look at our team in our fwd line we don't have anyone to take pack marks or kick long goals in our 50.
We use to have Franklin and roughy.
The one guy that can do it is playing C.H.B its time to grab the bulls buy the horn and play him at C.H.F
We are screming out for a bloke to sit on ppl heads that our small guys can rover to rather than be the long option, breust wingard and poppy game would all improve with high flying forward.
Roughy can no longer do this.

We have Stratton Scrimshaw and even Birchall if he ever returns who can play this role. tob and c.j are learning at boxhill.. you could even play gunston back there if you are really worried or im sure roughead would relish the role.

My forward line would be
Poppy Lewis Gunston
Wingard Sicily Breust.

I hope it's Nash, Morrison and O'Brien that are the outs. I'd prefer Mirra to O'Brien. Though I guess beggars can't be choosers really.

Mirra is strictly a shut down player he is a one dimersional player,
At least O'Brien can play at both ends and is good with the ball in hand.

He's a worse defender, is generally a deer in headlights and is completely ineffectual up forward. The fact he's more versatile means nothing really when he's just not up to the standard in any position.

The only positive would be allowing our best forward actually play in the forward line. Gunston in the backline is a ridiculous waste, especially when we are one of the lowest scoring teams currently.

He's a worse defender, is generally a deer in headlights and is completely ineffectual up forward. The fact he's more versatile means nothing really when he's just not up to the standard in any position.

The only positive would be allowing our best forward actually play in the forward line. Gunston in the backline is a ridiculous waste, especially when we are one of the lowest scoring teams currently.
90 points last week but still lost.
Wouldn’t call us if one of the lowest scoring teams .
That said, be great to see Stratton back Gunston forward .

You’d think Gunston compliments Lewis to wouldn’t you? Remember when Worsfold was trying to turn Stringer into a mid? What a disaster.. now look at him, so bloody dangerous as a forward. Same with Gunno, he is head and shoulders our best forward, why on earth we want him to play defence is beyond me, especially with Scrim showing great signs as an intercept marker and a solid defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

90 points last week but still lost.
Wouldn’t call us if one of the lowest scoring teams .
That said, be great to see Stratton back Gunston forward .

I think we are 9th on avg, so I guess we aren't one of the lowest. However, we should be one of the highest IMO with the players we have.

Hope Gunston starts as a forward. Lewis to FF.

Rough Gunston Breust
Wingard Lewis Puopolo

Match-ups down back will be interesting.
Brand on McKay, Stratton on McGovern I would have thought.
If Charlie Curnow plays might have to think about sending Stratton to him and make Sicily accountable for McGovern. That would make for an interesting duel in the air.

Just had to actually get the ball in his hands first. Nowhere near as deserving as Mirra at this stage. Mirra has done it down back at BHFC for years. O’Brien hasn’t even managed to do it there, let alone AFL.

I know its been said many times, maybe not this week but sometime this year Roughie should go to CHB when Lewis is playing. This may even extend Roughies career.

The Roughead to CHB has been going around for a decade. Even when he was winning the coleman medal.

Looks like he's playing in the centre from time to time and will be reading play and playing all over the park. Best thing for him. Our backline isn't an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back