Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
I actually have to agree with Jen

Beams only went to Brisbane for one reason - to be with his father while he battled cancer. After he passed it would have been very hard given how close they obviously were.

Could he have said ‘trade me to any Victorian club?’ - sure - but Beams isn’t from Victoria, he just loves the club he was drafted to.
I’d think that if Touk did the same to us right now, and had to go back to Victoria because his mother was sick, I’m sure the club and most of us would understand. I don’t think we would be as forgiving if he in a few years under the same circumstance was like, yeah I just want to go to any of the northern clubs, whoever gets you the best deal because we were further up the ladder and couldn’t offer as much to get him back.

Collingwood drafted him, developed him, and he had close relationships with a lot of the current players. I actually think it was very acceptable for him to say i’ll either stay or go to collingwood. The only negative part imo was that he made that stupid speech, which he has said in hindsight he wouldn’t have made had he not recently been told that he would be staying in Brisbane.

Can't agree more with this post. Beams would never have come to Brisbane but for the unfortunate circumstances involved. He gave good honest service and helped improve the Lions. Credit to the Lions for understanding that by returning him to the club that he was spiritually attached to .
( This is from the biggest anti Collingwood Supporter ever !!)

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Can't agree more with this post. Beams would never have come to Brisbane but for the unfortunate circumstances involved. He gave good honest service and helped improve the Lions. Credit to the Lions for understanding that by returning him to the club that he was spiritually attached to .
( This is from the biggest anti Collingwood Supporter ever !!)
Brisbane getting two first round pick too .

Boots73

Senior List
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
G’day boys well done on your good start to the season.
You have 3 good young mids in Brayden Fiorini , Jack Bowes and Will Brodie
How do you rate them & who do you think has the most upside ?

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
G’day boys well done on your good start to the season.
You have 3 good young mids in Brayden Fiorini , Jack Bowes and Will Brodie
How do you rate them & who do you think has the most upside ?
I think Bowes has all the tools if he can put it together. Has the height, speed and can extract the ball from the contest. Give it a year or 2, and he will be hopefully pushing towards an A Grade mid. Fiorini and Brodie are good accumulators, but don't have the slight sprinkle of magic Bowes has.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I think Bowes has all the tools if he can put it together. Has the height, speed and can extract the ball from the contest. Give it a year or 2, and he will be hopefully pushing towards an A Grade mid. Fiorini and Brodie are good accumulators, but don't have the slight sprinkle of magic Bowes has.
Bowes is not fast. But agree with you that he has the most upside

If they are to reach 100% of their potential I'd say
Bowes = Pendlebury
Fiorini = M Crouch who can kick some goals
Brodie = Cunnington

I actually have to agree with Jen

Beams only went to Brisbane for one reason - to be with his father while he battled cancer. After he passed it would have been very hard given how close they obviously were.

Could he have said ‘trade me to any Victorian club?’ - sure - but Beams isn’t from Victoria, he just loves the club he was drafted to.
I’d think that if Touk did the same to us right now, and had to go back to Victoria because his mother was sick, I’m sure the club and most of us would understand. I don’t think we would be as forgiving if he in a few years under the same circumstance was like, yeah I just want to go to any of the northern clubs, whoever gets you the best deal because we were further up the ladder and couldn’t offer as much to get him back.

Collingwood drafted him, developed him, and he had close relationships with a lot of the current players. I actually think it was very acceptable for him to say i’ll either stay or go to collingwood. The only negative part imo was that he made that stupid speech, which he has said in hindsight he wouldn’t have made had he not recently been told that he would be staying in Brisbane.

Beams is currently using language suggesting he was surprised by the lions offering him up to Collingwood. Total load of bs. He told the club he was staying and Fagan was blindsided by his request that came after the best and fairest. Fagan took it to the club leadership group and they said let him go and the trade was made.

Beams is trying to reshape history to make it seem like he wasn’t the driving force behind the trade request. Next he’ll be saying he wanted to stay and was forced to go. Sheesh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Look very slow
Midfield full of hack kicks - Jones, Bradshaw, Viney
Young forward line - Wiedeman, Tim Smith, Lockhart, Petracca, Tom MacDonald is an inexperienced forward.

Wiedeman shows that even with a few good games being a permanent good tall forward is very hard as a youngster - Only 3.5 marks a game and 5 goals in 6 weeks.

Billy Stretch is one on the outside I wouldn't mind us going after if we could get him for cheap. Pretty speedy winger, breaks lines. After 27 games in his first 2 years he only played 11 games last 2 years combined. Think he is similar to Powell but not as bouncy.

Sun Stormer

Mature Age Recruit
Jul 27, 2018
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Look very slow
Young forward line - Wiedeman, Tim Smith, Lockhart, Petracca, Tom MacDonald is an inexperienced forward.

Wiedeman shows that even with a few good games being a permanent good tall forward is very hard as a youngster - Only 3.5 marks a game and 5 goals in 6 weeks.

Billy Stretch is one on the outside I wouldn't mind us going after if we could get him for cheap. Pretty speedy winger, breaks lines. After 27 games in his first 2 years he only played 11 games last 2 years combined. Think he is similar to Powell but not as bouncy.
The one to go after is Oliver - he's just the sort of inside bull we need to compliment all the young kids...and he's not even in his prime yet!

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Look very slow

To be fair McDonald didn't play 2 seconds in the forward line last night. He was on Lynch for most of the game

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
To be fair McDonald didn't play 2 seconds in the forward line last night. He was on Lynch for most of the game

Oh did he. interesting. I saw a bit of the second quarter only.
The assessment was not based on just this week - even though I did include players from this week. More just a summary of season to date.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Yeah overall Tom has been terrible this year for Melbourne. Playing down on confidence. A long way off last year where he averaged nearly 3 goals a game
Astonishing fall off
53 goals last year
So far 2 goals this year.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
North have dropped Bailey Scott this week
He looked absolutely cooked last week