QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how successful it was numbers wise?
Probably not any club that goes out and trys to rapidly change their list is on thin ice.
Smart clubs try to get four or five top players every year.
Keeping the loyal players in the frame.
Because you need them.
Do this for three years and you have a very good footy team that will hang around.
Seen too many clubs buy players and not show enough respect for the loyal local lads. They find out very quickly how bad it can go.
As stated many times here if you want to go to the next level then your twos become very important.

Easter break over. Predictions for this week? Hinterland be gympie twilight I believe hinterland can cause an upset,
Moreton bay over kedron
Moorooka over Ipswich
Redcliffe over jindalee
Wynumm over pine rivers

U
Easter break over. Predictions for this week? Hinterland be gympie twilight I believe hinterland can cause an upset,
Moreton bay over kedron
Moorooka over Ipswich
Redcliffe over jindalee
Wynumm over pine rivers
unfortunately there appears to be some games that could be lopsided this weekend.

From a personal perspective, hoping my Kedron boys can get the win of MB who found their stride v Redcliffe. If it is similar to the practice game, should be a ripping contest.

I agree with you Footyfantatic that the Gympie v hinterland game could present an upset. Depending on if Gympie have their beat group available? Obviously capable at their best, may depend on depth? Hopefully all games are good contests all round.

U

unfortunately there appears to be some games that could be lopsided this weekend.

From a personal perspective, hoping my Kedron boys can get the win of MB who found their stride v Redcliffe. If it is similar to the practice game, should be a ripping contest.

I agree with you Footyfantatic that the Gympie v hinterland game could present an upset. Depending on if Gympie have their beat group available? Obviously capable at their best, may depend on depth? Hopefully all games are good contests all round.
Yes still hearing Gympie 3 or 4 players off fielding their best side although their senior coa h pretty confident and obviously looking forward to the night game against a sunny coast rival.Reckon there will be a few Noosa boys there on Saturday night just to check it out.All weather reports show a nice balmy night for Saturday which should attract a good crowd.

Yes still hearing Gympie 3 or 4 players off fielding their best side although their senior coa h pretty confident and obviously looking forward to the night game against a sunny coast rival.Reckon there will be a few Noosa boys there on Saturday night just to check it out.All weather reports show a nice balmy night for Saturday which should attract a good crowd.
Lights are obviously ok up there mate?

U

Unless nambour pull of a huge upset the only game that could be close is kedron and Moreton.
But kedron will need to lift a level as first two wins were against bottom sides.
Everyone should be fresh and ready to go.
Wynumm to be still top after this round.

Unless nambour pull of a huge upset the only game that could be close is kedron and Moreton.
But kedron will need to lift a level as first two wins were against bottom sides.
Kedron v Moreton will be an interesting game, the mids the key to the outcome along with Guys up forward for Kedron and Nickalls up forwards for Moreton. Both more than capable of kicking the magical ton this season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sen

Seniors wise maybe an upset. But don’t under estimate Nambour ressies. They’ve got a few seniors players from last year playing twos because of the influx of new players from the new coach. I’m not saying they’re stacking like redcliffe by any means. And apparently they have even more numbers to come through. So hopefully for the sake of the competition it’s sooner rather than later. I feel they’ll be Strong at home. Ion keen to see how Moreton bay vs kedron does though.

Sen

Seniors wise maybe an upset. But don’t under estimate Nambour ressies. They’ve got a few seniors players from last year playing twos because of the influx of new players from the new coach. I’m not saying they’re stacking like redcliffe by any means. And apparently they have even more numbers to come through. So hopefully for the sake of the competition it’s sooner rather than later. I feel they’ll be Strong at home. Ion keen to see how Moreton bay vs kedron does though.
Any club stacking their reserves by round 3 of a season are dilutional.Clubs are judged on the performance of their seniors.If I ask someone on Sunday morning ‘how did Nambour go last night?’ I’m only ever referring to the senior/main game.And I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Nambour rolled Gympie.We played both in praccy games early in year and Nambour seemed much more structured and competitive

Kedron v Moreton will be an interesting game, the mids the key to the outcome along with Guys up forward for Kedron and Nickalls up forwards for Moreton. Both more than capable of kicking the magical ton this season
Just stoppages in general is the key to winning this one.
A good defender at this level has a huge advantage if delivery is slow and predictable.

Any club stacking their reserves by round 3 of a season are dilutional.Clubs are judged on the performance of their seniors.If I ask someone on Sunday morning ‘how did Nambour go last night?’ I’m only ever referring to the senior/main game.And I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Nambour rolled Gympie.We played both in praccy games early in year and Nambour seemed much more structured and competitive

Yeah to be honest even though gympie upsetted Moreton, the way they rocked up to the game wasn’t even professional. Every one in Moreton. Was decked in polos and I couldn’t even tell if or when gympie rocked up. Everyone’s jumped the gun I believe. But In saying that wynumm have recruited strongly

Yeah to be honest even though gympie upsetted Moreton, the way they rocked up to the game wasn’t even professional. Every one in Moreton. Was decked in polos and I couldn’t even tell if or when gympie rocked up. Everyone’s jumped the gun I believe. But In saying that wynumm have recruited strongly

You honestly think a team who all wear a matching polo shirt will some how be a better team than a club who don’t all dress the same? This brain dead thinking always make me laugh. Hope they all had to wear matching black slacks as well, like it will be a magic formula to bring everyone closer and look “professional”... hahaha

You honestly think a team who all wear a matching polo shirt will some how be a better team than a club who don’t all dress the same? This brain dead thinking always make me laugh. Hope they all had to wear matching black slacks as well, like it will be a magic formula to bring everyone closer and look “professional”... hahaha
I coached a bloke who used to turn up before the game in some weird outfits.
Carried his footy gear in a plastic bag.
Told jokes and was the most casual person before the game.
Then went out and kicked 112 for the year.
Never would I want him to be anyone other than himself.
I'm sure you know the bloke.

I coached a bloke who used to turn up before the game in some weird outfits.
Carried his footy gear in a plastic bag.
Told jokes and was the most casual person before the game.
Then went out and kicked 112 for the year.
Never would I want him to be anyone other than himself.
I'm sure you know the bloke.

Could of kicked 300 of you made him wear black slacks and leather shoes... hahahah

It’s not brain dead thinking moron. When you sign up to a club, you wanna do your part. And look the part.

It’s not brain dead thinking moron. When you sign up to a club, you wanna do your part. And look the part.

I always valued blokes who did their “part” by training hard, playing well together with their team mates and helping the club be a better place. If dressing everyone the same makes any difference, why did Gympie beat Moreton Bay?

shock upset

We beat Moreton because our strengths are what they struggle defending. We’re still 5 senior players off our best side, which includes three multiple time league best and fairest winners them coming back in will strengthen both seniors and ressies. Tomorrow will be hard fought regardless of who we have in or out. I’m sure hinterland know all about how hard we go out there and I’m predicting them to be worried about picking up the ball all day and us to get up by 5 goals+.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back