List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see us bringing in anyone of note to be honest, we can't trade our 1st rounder this year, and anyone playing well enough to be worth their actual value, we can't afford to lose.

If Preuss somehow maintains his ability to send everything he kicks through the big sticks, I'd look at pawning Weideman off. Still in the "talls need time to develop" phase so would hold some value.

We should also explore as many spud + spud + spud = gun options as we can.

If the best couple players in the draft are inside mids I'd be open to trading our 1st for two later 1sts, assuming we finish bottom 4.

The wells probably empty but if we finish with a top 3 pick I'd take it to GWS and see if we can shake Whitfield or Coniglio

We probably draft some bloke who comes in and averages 15 contested possessions on the wing

The wells probably empty but if we finish with a top 3 pick I'd take it to GWS and see if we can shake Whitfield or Coniglio

We probably draft some bloke who comes in and averages 15 contested possessions on the wing
Would absolutely be gobsmacked if we didn't attempt this. Of course no guarantees we'll shake one loose, but it's a good enough reason to write this season off and get a high pick..

Would absolutely be gobsmacked if we didn't attempt this. Of course no guarantees we'll shake one loose, but it's a good enough reason to write this season off and get a high pick..

Can't trade it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are already in talks with Sydney! Don’t know the full details.

Also have held discussions with Nathan Freeman. I am only assuming for the mid-draft.
I'm assuming to swap Hunt and our first for Kennedy and Jack

If they let us do it then they might as well not have the rule at all.
All rules are AFL flexible.

Easiest way out would be to get GWS' first in return (assume they'll be around the 14-18 mark), so we'd still be in the first round of the draft. Complicates the trade some, but I'm sure we'd be happy to throw in something or someone valuable to make it happen, because we like being easy to deal with.

I thought it only applied to trading future picks and you could always trade current year picks?
Nope, it's on how many first you take in a time period. We haven't used a first since we 2015 when we took Oliver and Weideman, so we have to make a 1st round selection this year.

It doesn't necessarily have to be ours tho, so if we could get a later 1st rounder in a deal somehow, we could trade our (presumably) very early one.

Nope, it's on how many first you take in a time period. We haven't used a first since we 2015 when we took Oliver and Weideman, so we have to make a 1st round selection this year.

It doesn't necessarily have to be ours tho, so if we could get a later 1st rounder in a deal somehow, we could trade our (presumably) very early one.

Right, OK. Oh well if we keep going the way we are then our second could still be a top 20 pick and hold some good trade currency. We did well trading in Vince, Melksham and Hibberd for second round picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back