List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I think the way we play is catered for guys like Parker.. teams have just figured him out as a midfielder IMO
Doesn't help when he's got an aging JPK and kids around him. If he had someone else around him at the top of their game that could take some pressure off him would help. Think Hanners in his prime

Doesn't help when he's got an aging JPK and kids around him. If he had someone else around him at the top of their game that could take some pressure off him would help. Think Hanners in his prime

He was looking average when they were around. Think 2017.

He is just scrappy and messy now. Almost unfit like he is too knackered to even hit a ball at full pace. You say he’d be BOG if he were out there for Collingwood or Essendon today. Parker is slow, can’t run both ways, and shits the bed under pressure. He’d be a nightmare if involved in a game as free-flowing and high-pressure as this one. That’s the direction of footy we need to be going in, so I honestly don’t see how Parker is going to be of benefit to us as a midfielder playing that style.

Amazed how we literally don’t have 1 A grade mid atm

No doubt in my mind the club overrated the list then and now

You would seriously have to say at this moment it’s the worst mid group in the comp

There are things you can’t foresee. ie Hanners & Jack becoming DOA in their twenties, but you’re not wrong.

I think Heeney & Florent will be A-graders but we can’t be relying on maybes and waiting on potential. We need to bring in a gun mid ASAP.

You would seriously have to say at this moment it’s the worst mid group in the comp

On the money there Punts. JPK reaches a B every now and then. Parker is a C.

George is just a D and that is for the pure defensive focus he has been ordered to perform. Once he could get his own ball and use it. Not now. Horse has turned him from a solid B grader to a hack.

There are things you can’t foresee. ie Hanners & Jack becoming DOA in their twenties, but you’re not wrong.

I think Heeney & Florent will be A-graders but we can’t be relying on maybes and waiting on potential. We need to bring in a gun mid ASAP.
You saying that we can’t foresee that Jack gets a year older every year and Hanners body was looking cooked

I say our recruiting has been terrible and we have overrated our list and now it’s showing

You saying that we can’t foresee that Jack gets a year older every year and Hanners body was looking cooked

I say our recruiting has been terrible

Yeah but you have to admit they hit a wall very quickly and very suddenly. Wasn’t like it was a slow decline or anything. They went from All Australian-level mids to complete liabilities almost in one year. I think that can stuff up any team’s plans. I don’t disagree re our recruiting, but I think if Hanners and Jack were still at the very least solid players, it wouldn’t have hurt us so bad.

Parker's had plenty of opportunity, plenty of minutes in the action and plenty of times the target i50

Shockingly, sometimes a players output is simply a reflection of where they're at. No idea why he's captain, needs to focus on his game.

We underestimated how modern midfields would evolve/were locked in with the academy/ long contracts to supposed blue chip midfielders and then prioritised young x factor with Hayward/Ling/Florent/Jones

Thankfully the youth is good

Yeah but you have to admit they hit a wall very quickly and very suddenly. Wasn’t like it was a slow decline or anything. They went from All Australian-level mids to complete liabilities almost in one year. I think that can stuff up any team’s plans. I don’t disagree re our recruiting, but I think if Hanners and Jack were still at the very least solid players, it wouldn’t have hurt us so bad.

Hanners should have had at least the first half of 2017 off. Playing him injured cut his longevity.

Hanners should have had at least the first half of 2017 off. Playing him injured cut his longevity.

Won’t hear any arguments from me. I was saying this back then and all I heard was how Horse was doing the right thing by giving him the opportunities to play his way through them.

Parker's had plenty of opportunity, plenty of minutes in the action and plenty of times the target i50

Shockingly, sometimes a players output is simply a reflection of where they're at. No idea why he's captain, needs to focus on his game.

We underestimated how modern midfields would evolve/were locked in with the academy/ long contracts to supposed blue chip midfielders and then prioritised young x factor with Hayward/Ling/Florent/Jones

Thankfully the youth is good

Yep we missed the mark re x factor by about two or three years. We really needed a Florent in our team in 2014 or 2016. That was really what we were lacking was a mid with pace, we had a bunch of tough, hard-at-it All Australian mids, but no one who could provide any run or spark. It took a grand final loss to the Bulldogs, where we were beaten on the outside, for the club to realise this was an area of weakness for us. So we went about drafting Florent, Hayward, Ronke, then Ling and Stoddart the following year. But by then, our tough, hard-at-it All Australian mids were not what they were.

Just timed it all wrong. Which is strange because you think if we were going to pay $10 million to get a superstar forward in the team, you'd think we would make sure we have all the pieces around him in place to capitalise on his inclusion. But alas, hindsight is 20/20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say our recruiting has been terrible and we have overrated our list and now it’s showing

Tippett got an extension that said it all

Yeah well it’s lead by Kennedys ghost (he’s been improved of late and still solid)

I think we have more 2014 grand final 22 left than the hawks have of theirs? Could be wrong

We have held onto some too long

Brutal honesty- jack Grundy McVeigh (though been good) smith shouldn’t still be on afl lists

Kennedy should be 3rd or 4th mid by now

I think we have more 2014 grand final 22 left than the hawks have of theirs? Could be wrong

We have 12 left and they have 11 left. Its not numbers that matter but the quality of who you let go and how you replace them. You can't replace half your side over a 5 year period basically via the draft and expect it to go well.

We have 12 left and they have 11 left. Its not numbers that matter but the quality of who you let go and how you replace them. You can't replace half your side over a 5 year period basically via the draft and expect it to go well.

Yeah that’s why the last trade periods have been disappointing , especially the one just gone

Oh well guess we couldn’t land the players sadly

Not much cor and rise can do in the 2s and still not get picked

Add them to the delisting I’m thinking

Imo Never really rated cor

Going to be a long list
And they say we’re not bottoming out? This is bottoming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back