Changes vs Fremantle - Round 5

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s changed so much since the 2016 finals that the team can’t have at two genuine key position players at each end? These setups always mean you’re plugging holes somewhere and are reliant on a dominant midfield performance. If Naughton goes back who’s the tall forward options?Trengove? English? and maybe Bont who might be the worst shot for goal in the comp.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I understand the named positions don’t mean much, but if they line up as named Saturday we will lose by 10 goals

Unfortunate truth & reality is that it doesn't matter where these 22 line up, on current form on the park & in the coaches box, 10 goals is a best case outcome.

* me dead why are Dunkley and Wallis still getting a game. This has got to be the slowest paced side named this century.

Watch bont be forced to play full forward all game.

If Bev pushes Naughton to defence and it looks likely then I’m officially in the “get rid of Bev” camp.

3 weeks ago he talked about how the move forward was so that we could win games rather than try to save them. Why the complete 360.

Not picking another key defender is criminal.

If all we see this weekend is the resting ruck forward surrounded by the usual “inside mids that lack X factor” then I think sacking Bev is the right call to make.
Team selection has the feel like Bevo is trying to be sacked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bet Trengove goes back and Naughton forward.

Still ..
No at all. Woody CHF, CD full back, trengove, rover, english on the wing, bont ruck, whatever,,, who knows about what is going on with the coaching. if this coach is tanking, i will ask for my social club membership back.

one more thing and this is serious. if there is not a review of the coaching by year's end, i will be $%^^%#$%^ %^^%$# 12$#$@ and the rest.

Team selection has the feel like Bevo is trying to be sacked

Am a little shocked Bev made any changes at all. If we lose you can bet JT will be blamed and out the team quicksmart.

What’s changed so much since the 2016 finals that the team can’t have at two genuine key position players at each end? These setups always mean you’re plugging holes somewhere and are reliant on a dominant midfield performance. If Naughton goes back who’s the tall forward options?Trengove? English? and maybe Bont who might be the worst shot for goal in the comp.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jesus christ. Bit dramatic.

Dear dogs coaching staff. Great job with bailey Williams this year. Really developing him nicely. Well done.
The way Bailey Williams has started makes me think the trade whispers around a trade home to South Australia
may have some substance, first man dropped despite others seriously stinking it up every week. Saying that he
was in the "Drop Zone" along with Wood, Naughton and Cordy last week although he did almost score as many
points as Naughton and Cordy combined. (46 to 49)

If Bev pushes Naughton to defence and it looks likely then I’m officially in the “get rid of Bev” camp.

3 weeks ago he talked about how the move forward was so that we could win games rather than try to save them. Why the complete 360.

Not picking another key defender is criminal.

If all we see this weekend is the resting ruck forward surrounded by the usual “inside mids that lack X factor” then I think sacking Bev is the right call to make.

We will be playing mids and rucks as forwards, whilst Schache who kicks 4 against the Hawks does not even play. Watch the behind tally pile up

In the space of 6 games we have had 3 different KPP structures

R1-4 (2 defenders, 1 ruck, 1 KPF, 1KPF/2r)
R5 (1 defender, 1 ruck, 1 KPF)
R6 (1 defender 1 ruck, 1KPF/2r, swingman?)

I just don’t understand this. Surely before seasons commence the coaching group sit down and identify the structure they will use throughout the season. Granted an injury crisis or weather might mean you go smaller, but as of this stage we have had neither. Granted someone like Schache deserved to be dropped but that doesn’t mean you throw structure out the window. Simply you find someone capable of performing that role to a higher standard.

Apart from one horrendous quarter against Gold Coast, we actually played really well across the first four rounds. Why the **** then do we change the formula. Particularly the forward structure. I can understand maybe going smaller in defence pending matchups but their is no reason to have a constantly changing structure up forward.

Edit: I just realised that Lewis young went in and out of the side. Round 1 and 4 we only went with one KPD. So actually it’s 5/6 games we have gone with different KPP numbers.

If this is such a successful theory why aren’t any other clubs in the afl using it. Other clubs don’t have a revolving structure across the ground. They simply replace like for like if a tall isn’t playing to standard.

Some blame has to rest on our list management team. They did a disgraceful job of doing absolutely nothing when we just had a KPP exodus. But their are still options their to replace under achievers. Bev seems to brain dead to realise and I’m confident it’s going to be a big factor in the success of this season.
Should have been sorted by the end of JLT.

Worsfold destroyed Essendons 2018 season when he started Stringer as a mid and Hooker as a forward.

Result mid field got smashed, Hooker lost confidence and the defence was weak in the air.

When Daniher got injured he put Stringer at FF and Hooker back- things immediately improved.

We made the same mistake with Wood last year.

Really hope someone is reviewing the coaching at our club.

He’s not a midfielder he is a back man. He got moved back late and wasn’t too bad. I can’t get how he comes in then gets dropped yet, English, Richards, Gowers and Dunkley getting the Ayce Cordy treatment
Part correct, he’s a half back only at this point. When he gets dragged deep he is very nervy one on one, and is very uncomfortable being so exposed/accountable at this point in his career.

What annoys me about Trengove not being picked is that it's not even like he's a Campbell/Minson type one trick pony. In the 5 games he played to end our season last year he averaged 21 hitouts, kicked 4 goals and won 26 clearances. He's no faster than those two mentioned but he's still far more versatile and it's not like he's a liability outside of ruck contests. He's no world beater but he's a handy stopgap...which is exactly what we need. Just has to be given a go. Should not be in the Minson/Campbell doghouse.
You are treading water with a guy like Trengove in the team. Not drowning but not swimming anywhere either.

Big Question. Imagine we win this game, (though) highly unlikely. Will we all say, we are such a great young team with visionary coaches who can only make one change and still win the game? Just thought I would put it out there. Who knows it might happen and I will say: "Listen big footy members, it takes a genius like perro_loco to say that you were all wrong". Now, if we lose, well, I told you guys the coaching is shait. Hope we win, but looks tough. GO DOGS!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back