NFL 2019 NFL Draft - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Montana was blessed to be playing in SF and in a short passing WCO

He was extremely accurate and had great touch but if he had to play somewhere like the wind tunnel that the old Giants stadium was every week he wouldn't have had the same individual success, especially if he was in a harder offensive system

(Log in to remove this ad.)

or...

1. cards - murray
2. niners - bosa
3. redskins (via jets) - jones
4. raiders - haskins
5. giants - lock

Now thats a cluster **** of badly spent high picks on a QB.

Now thats a cluster **** of badly spent high picks on a QB.
Oh i can't see the forest from the trees anymore. I've run thru so many scenarios i've made them all possible in my mind.
All i was ever certain of was Murray to Cards and then Bosa to Niners. But I CAN see how Cards could trade back a LITTLE and still get Murray, how Raiders wanna jump ahead of the Niners for Bosa, how Redskins wanna get into the top 5 for Jones and how the Jets badly wanna trade out for more picks. So it could get really interesting or the current teams could all stay put and the pieces fall like dominoes.

Here's a brief "picking every scenario possible" (likely guesses), and i bet I'm still wrong...

1. Cards - Murray or trade to Raiders who take Bosa
2. Niners - Bosa or bpa or trade out about 4-6 spots
3. Jets - Oliver or Allen or trade out to Skins who take Jones
4. Raiders - Williams or Oliver or Allen or Gary or White or QB or trade out

Oh i can't see the forest from the trees anymore. I've run thru so many scenarios i've made them all possible in my mind.
All i was ever certain of was Murray to Cards and then Bosa to Niners. But I CAN see how Cards could trade back a LITTLE and still get Murray, how Raiders wanna jump ahead of the Niners for Bosa, how Redskins wanna get into the top 5 for Jones and how the Jets badly wanna trade out for more picks. So it could get really interesting or the current teams could all stay put and the pieces fall like dominoes.

Its certainly an interesting dynamic to this years draft as I get the infatuation that K.K. has with Murray and the romantic crap that the media are putting out... new HC.... give him the QB he wants.

I am in a minority here and think that Rosen is not a bad prospect going forward and here are two additional thoughts that I keep thinking.

1. The thought of Bosa and Chandler Jones coming at you from either side would keep the likes of Wilson. Jimmy G and Goff awake at nights.. as too their respective teams OC's.

2. That pairing of Bosa and Jones makes the points that Rosen needs to match come down significantly.

Haskins going top five IMO is a slight stretch but not beyond the realm of possibility.

Jones and Lock top five........ lets put it this way the teams above pick 5 would be rubbing their hands together if that eventuated.

Also love the insanity that the Gruden Brothers bring to a draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back