Review Dees v Richmond: the Good, Bad, Fugly and very Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless there is some seriously dysfunctional or toxic prick who is causing unreasonable amounts of anxiety, disharmony or whatever. Like I assume was the case with N^^#d at the bombers last year.

Even he was in like a coaching oversee role so they didn't really need him. But a back or forward coach won't be sacked until we can find a replacement

Even he was in like a coaching oversee role so they didn't really need him. But a back or forward coach won't be sacked until we can find a replacement
Maybe, but it’s not like either of those roles are actually being performed to anything close to an acceptable level anyway.

You’re right of course, won’t happen.

Maybe, but it’s not like either of those roles are actually being performed to anything close to an acceptable level anyway.

You’re right of course, won’t happen.

Nah they aren't but like I said we can't get someone from another club mid contract so it would be some guy just retired pulled out of no where. We would probably end up worse off

Nah they aren't but like I said we can't get someone from another club mid contract so it would be some guy just retired pulled out of no where. We would probably end up worse off

Jordan Lewis. Two ugly birds, one stone.

Commiserations on the loss.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the match.

Overall Summary - 22

Brayshaw 17 (16w, 1i)
Stretch 17 (16w, 1i)
Melksham 15 (2w)
Viney 14 (2w)
Oliver 14
Hibberd 13 (Martin 13)
Harmes 11 (7w, 4i)
Jones 4
Petracca 3
Salem 2 (1w, 1i)

Rucks:

Gawn 16 (Nankervis 14)
T.Smith 4 (Balta 8)
Weideman 2

1st Half - 11

Brayshaw 10 (9w, 1i)
Viney 8 (1w)
Stretch 7 wing
Melksham 7
Oliver 7
Hibberd 7
Harmes 4 wing
Petracca 3
Jones 1
Salem 1 wing

Gawn 9
T.Smith 2

2nd Half - 11

Stretch 10 (9w, 1i)
Melksham 8 (2w)
Brayshaw 7 wing
Oliver 7
Harmes 7 (4i, 3w)
Viney 6 (1w)
Hibberd 6
Jones 3
Salem 1

Gawn 7
Weideman 2
T.Smith 2

Notes (strictly pertaining to analysed games - 40 Melbourne games analysed 2016-):
- The last time Nathan Jones didn't feature in your top 6 mids and wasn't injured was Rd 17, 2016
- First appearance for Melksham since Rd 12, 2018 and his first inside start since Rd 22, 2017 (which was also the last analysed game he finished in your top 6 mids).
- Fewest inside starts for Brayshaw since Rd 5, 2018 when he played exclusively wing
- First ever appearances for Hibberd
- First ever inside start for Stretch
- First inside start for Salem since Rd 21, 2018

This is the email

If Simon Goodwin and the club expect us to feel and understand the hurt they supposedly manage to feel with us then I suggest they read this email.
Ive been a member of the club for many years, and a supporter for even longer. I stayed with the club through the shambles that were the 2007-13 years and like all felt the hope Paul Roos and Peter Jackson gave us. I cheered along last year after a slow start turned into one of the better seasons as a supporter in my life. The club appeared to be on the brink of becoming a mainstay at the top of the ladder and had young star players in its mix. Sadly I and many demon supporters enjoyment has been completely eradicated again in the space of the most disappointing 2 months to open a season I can remember. This was supposed to be the time things changed, this was supposed to be the new era, the new Melbourne. I am a member of the bigfooty online community and although I doubt the club actually gives a s**t what we say there are rusted on members of that board who have followed us and posted all through the dark times until now. Sadly it seems as if the club has broken many of us now finally. I suggest someone takes the time to read some of the posts.

Its clear a shitload of underdone players are playing still, would rather lose trying something that watching the definition of insanity on repeat.

Fact is under our coach, we are 13 wins 15 losses at the MCG because we play a style that only works on smaller ground, we have no ability to defend switches or quick transition yet we try the same exact rubbish every week and pat our selves on the back when it works at smaller grounds like the SCG

Here is the preview thread, where a tonne of concern is posted about our lack of leg speed, the fact that we have Jones and Lewis as the 2 slowest wings in the game and our the saints spread will chop up our zone and get in behind
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...tretch-omac-out-jetta-lewis-in.1215727/page-4

Yet we went in with the exact same style again and got beaten exactly how we thought we would, clearly focusing on an out dated style that worked sometimes last year and failed miserably others

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/lol-were-terrible-again.1216400/

This thread sums up the general vibe.

"Now we're s**t again.We've been uncompetitive for three of five games this year.

I have tickets for ANZAC Day eve. Why should I go?

We're going to lose. Even if we win, we'll still miss finals"

I fully expect a bunch of cliches and nothings from the club and players and an insistence that the wheel will turn but I wont be paying for a membership this year at this point. Sounds like the club has cost itself some support for the Anzac eve clash as well which is huge shame but the club doesnt deserve any better.

I know at the end of the day the club would rather call us trolls and internet warriors but we are the lifeblood of this club, well we were anyway.

Nick.
Your name is Nick? I had no idea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long distance relationships are difficult but I can tell you two have the strength to make it.
Fitting that I left Canada a year ago today - truly Topkent and I have never flourished quite like when we we were in the same time zone shitposting without accountability before everyone else woke up, but I have hope.

I turn 30 this year, can remember 15 of those years for footy. In that 15 we’ve finished bottom 4 6 times (Likely 7 this year) and won two spoons.

What’s the point?
Being a Melbourne campaigner is the point. Mate we are Melbourne, we started football. The infidels can lick the gum of our boots.

This is the email

If Simon Goodwin and the club expect us to feel and understand the hurt they supposedly manage to feel with us then I suggest they read this email.
Ive been a member of the club for many years, and a supporter for even longer. I stayed with the club through the shambles that were the 2007-13 years and like all felt the hope Paul Roos and Peter Jackson gave us. I cheered along last year after a slow start turned into one of the better seasons as a supporter in my life. The club appeared to be on the brink of becoming a mainstay at the top of the ladder and had young star players in its mix. Sadly I and many demon supporters enjoyment has been completely eradicated again in the space of the most disappointing 2 months to open a season I can remember. This was supposed to be the time things changed, this was supposed to be the new era, the new Melbourne. I am a member of the bigfooty online community and although I doubt the club actually gives a s**t what we say there are rusted on members of that board who have followed us and posted all through the dark times until now. Sadly it seems as if the club has broken many of us now finally. I suggest someone takes the time to read some of the posts.

Its clear a shitload of underdone players are playing still, would rather lose trying something that watching the definition of insanity on repeat.

Fact is under our coach, we are 13 wins 15 losses at the MCG because we play a style that only works on smaller ground, we have no ability to defend switches or quick transition yet we try the same exact rubbish every week and pat our selves on the back when it works at smaller grounds like the SCG

Here is the preview thread, where a tonne of concern is posted about our lack of leg speed, the fact that we have Jones and Lewis as the 2 slowest wings in the game and our the saints spread will chop up our zone and get in behind
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...tretch-omac-out-jetta-lewis-in.1215727/page-4

Yet we went in with the exact same style again and got beaten exactly how we thought we would, clearly focusing on an out dated style that worked sometimes last year and failed miserably others

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/lol-were-terrible-again.1216400/

This thread sums up the general vibe.

"Now we're s**t again.We've been uncompetitive for three of five games this year.

I have tickets for ANZAC Day eve. Why should I go?

We're going to lose. Even if we win, we'll still miss finals"

I fully expect a bunch of cliches and nothings from the club and players and an insistence that the wheel will turn but I wont be paying for a membership this year at this point. Sounds like the club has cost itself some support for the Anzac eve clash as well which is huge shame but the club doesnt deserve any better.

I know at the end of the day the club would rather call us trolls and internet warriors but we are the lifeblood of this club, well we were anyway.

Nick.
Love the email Nick. It’s *en on point though, I mean seriously, they can go through the motions and fob of guys like us or just listen and understand that we do fork over hard earned to be a member. I am over this club being perennial losers, I’ve seen so many clubs drag themselves out of the s**t and we are always the losers looking up going ‘wow, look what they did’ instead of getting on a rope and pulling ourselves out of the hole.

Yeah, they’re only trying to call you to keep your money. You’d get some poor campaigner on the line who works in the membership department and can’t answer any of your questions so no real point talking to them.

I actually really like the email idea, providing you don’t just sit there spewing abuse at least it ‘feels’ like you’re making your thoughts heard.
If everyone writes in it’ll make a difference. I am going to do it as well. * them. I’ll post it up here also.

Good - we got to find out TopKent’s real name
Bad - The predictability in which we get pulled apart week after week. I know Goodwin can’t run out and play but I am getting over this lack of effort from our coaches.
Ugly - 2019. We are bottom 4.

Any stalwarts wouldn't have had any problem figuring out me name I'd tip

I hope you guys pick it up fast and get some wins....was nice (last year) to see the dees up and about.
The game...
The good.....Melbourne gave their all in the beginning because had their season on the line.
The bad...... but because of that you got too worked up to give richmond a contest.
The fugly......players over tried and they got tense, so tense that they tired out and fell away during the game.

The very fugly......your confidence and belief so far this year. Too many players out of form.

Why the criticism on Gawn being sent down back?
When the ball is hitting your defensive 50 at double the rate what option did your coach have, was either to stop the siege and hit on the counter or risk losing by 70+ points? Then how man melts would there be?

That how l sum it up once the dust has settled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back