Traded Aaron Hall [traded to North Melbourne for pick 68]

Who won this trade?

• Gold Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think this is a really smart move by North. Their midfield core is mostly 28+ now anyway with Ziebell, Cunnington and Higgins. Polec is a bit younger at 26. So really they need to strike in the next 2-3 years anyway. So might as well load up as best they can.
Hall is a high reward, high risk option but comes at a bargain basement cost. I think Brad Scott has a very good history of getting the best out of players too.
Ziebell isn’t a core midfielder now.

I somewhat agree with your 2-3 years comment, but we did bring in Ahern, LDU and Dumont to replace them, not counting TT and Scott. Not worried about any impending cliff.

I had heard this before tbh. I was just wondering if people would use the same language/ be so dismisive if the players in question were of a different faith. Probs mire of a SRP board discussion though....
Well he had Saad and we were fully supportive of his cause. Some of the boys and coaches were doing Ramadan with him.

Hall is a high reward, high risk option but comes at a bargain basement cost. I think Brad Scott has a very good history of getting the best out of players too.

Which part of Hall is the high risk part?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wait, so why did Geelong go for Rohan (pick 61) rather than Hall (pick 68)?

It's pretty clear who is better, and we actually have the rest of the God squad from GCS.
Because Rohan nominated Geelong as the club he wanted to get to, Hall nominated us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We wanted him gone. Last of the god squad
It's ok that you want him gone, but why give him away when we (and other clubs) are clearly interested and see value in him? Don't understand why you guys aren't trying to secure the best possible deal for yourselves.
You blokes couldn't sell a schoolboy to a pedophile!

Thanks for the context and insights on this trade everyone. Thought there must have been a mistake when I read it. Still looks to me like the best bargain of the trade period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there's a bit of overrating of Hall by a few. He's shown glimpses of brilliance but the majority of his career he's been below average. Pick 68 is fair game for a player that the Sun's didn't want anymore. A bit like KK, would've been delisted had a trade not come through.

However, North do seem like a good fit for him and I hope they get him playing at his best. Very exciting yet frustrating player.

Luckily North didn't pay much for him. But he's 29yrs old this year and either average or below average in most stats. Gold Coast wanted him gone for a reason.

View attachment 662083

North should be playing a promising kid in his place.
Has a higher Champion Data rating than Brad Hill for the season playing in a worse team. Would be Freo's 7th best rated player even though he can barely breathe :thumbsu: Guess you should drop 3/4 of your team.

Ranked 2nd at north for pressure on the wing :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Last edited:
Back