Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always enjoy Marngrook Footy Show. Genuine insight and valid opinions. Delivered with good humour. Its about the love of the game not egos and agendas. Thats what shines through. As I mentioned in my earlier post. It was terrific to hear from Jimmy how he sees the Blues of today and it was great to see the chemistry and obvious respect between Jimmy and "more senior" panelists.... Dougie was near wetting himself
Thanks! That's great to hear :)

Hahhaha he sure was!

For me, the idea that the club hasnt already identified and started working on those problems is nonsensical. I know an AFL assistant coach, I’ve heard about what they do. It’s painstaking detail most of the time and if that’s not happening at Carlton it’s a massive problem.

I guess the point I’m trying to make is that it’s fine for people to hold those opinions but for me, it’s not far removed from SEN talkback after the game. Good banter, love to hear people passionate about the Blues....but not really something I’m willing to invest 90 minutes in.

I’m not entirely sure the show knows what it is. Is it 90 minutes of pub banter or trying to be something more substantive? If there is an audience for the former, good luck to them. If it’s the latter, there is a lot of work to do.

Andy is an astute journo and a good presenter...it’s weird to me that he seems to have paired himself with two blokes from the pub. But obviously I may not be the audience.
They’re old school mates who have been going to games together since they were young. The whole reason they’re doing the show is they felt a lack of coverage throughout the media for Carlton given our poor recent history. Obviously that means there’s going to be a mix of banter and analysis.

I’m glad they’re doing the podcast, look forward to it most weeks. Who knows though, once we start to improve, so should our media coverage and there may not be a need for the show in future.

Only saw the highlights video, but Stocker looks to have great balance and poise with the footy in hand.
Looks incredibly composed. Other guys scrambling and fumbling until he just ambles over, picks it up and gets out of trouble without a sweat. Reminds me a bit of Pendlebury in that sense, actually.

Do we know if Stocker played basketball? The comparison can't work unless the commentators can mention that every 12 minutes.

Hi all,

Have started a new monthly AFL podcast. One of the special features includes an interview with a former Carlton player. In our first episode we had Daniel Gorringe on who is an absolute character! Check out and follow us on the page below...

https://www.facebook.com/metresgained

Gorringe- that would be a barrel of laughs. next week Bootsma on how to boost your social media presence?

For me, the idea that the club hasnt already identified and started working on those problems is nonsensical. I know an AFL assistant coach, I’ve heard about what they do. It’s painstaking detail most of the time and if that’s not happening at Carlton it’s a massive problem.

I guess the point I’m trying to make is that it’s fine for people to hold those opinions but for me, it’s not far removed from SEN talkback after the game. Good banter, love to hear people passionate about the Blues....but not really something I’m willing to invest 90 minutes in.

I’m not entirely sure the show knows what it is. Is it 90 minutes of pub banter or trying to be something more substantive? If there is an audience for the former, good luck to them. If it’s the latter, there is a lot of work to do.

Andy is an astute journo and a good presenter...it’s weird to me that he seems to have paired himself with two blokes from the pub. But obviously I may not be the audience.

Andy is a ripper.

Andy thought Carlton don't get a fair go in the media so wanted to do this podcast to follow our journey and talk about things the media wont.

Bazza and Gecko are his old mates from school. Yes they might not have the polish but they are very passionate Carlton supporters.

They might have different opinions on how they see things but don't we all?

Personally I like it.

Only saw the highlights video, but Stocker looks to have great balance and poise with the footy in hand.
#stealofthedraft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally couldn't give a stuff if Walsh doesn't win the RS, it's a popularity contest / does nothing for said winners. Hogan beat Cripps, Palmer beat out Krooz/Cotch/Rance/Danger/Rioli. I rate Rozee as most should, I actually really like Ports three they have added, all looking to be young guns but in saying that, I'm very happy with Mr. Vanilla ;)

What a biased prick.

You just knew these comments would start happening once it became clear that a Carlton Player should win a discretionary award...

The old player x plays in a harder position, so stuff Carton argument, that was also used for Hogan to get the award after Cripps, yet returned to it's regular holding pattern when mcgrath won it the next year

Want to know the difference between a Carlton lover and hater?

Our ladder position.

We'll cop our whacks whilst down below, as we have for the last 4-5 years, just as we'll bask in undue praise when it's our turn in the sun. Watch the narrative turn as we improve, and the list of people whose tune changes.

Like father like son!

Legitimately, who cares?

Walsh might win it, he might not. Whatever the Cornes family thinks is not relevant to the award beyond a single vote - if Kane is a member of the committee that votes for the thing. Who cares what they think, and really, who cares who wins the RS? Didn't hurt Cripps much, did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back