Autopsy Round 5 Giant Away Win

Remove this Banner Ad

Late to the party on this one but I've been drinking a lot. Way to go you boys in purple, you blokes have always been as close to a second team as I deem it appropriate to have. I feel like there is a lot of parallel between our two clubs so I've always had a soft spot but forgetting that you boys have been putting it on the park in a way you can't help but respect this season. Thanks for showing us the way to stick it up the wanky birds from the other side of your state and a mighty ******* impressive performance by yourselves against a Giants side I rate very high this year. Sorry for intruding but what a ******* season! Hope to see your mob deep into September, as tough a proposition as that might be by then.
Aww man. They'll never tear us apart.

I would like to see him physically protected/managed, especially if we have younger players deserving a debut. Can serve a dual purpose.
I think we're in a position to do that on all lines. We were lulled into believing that we had no depth, but we have. It was never us without the depth, it was west coast.

Just seen the game recorded now.

Some thoughts.
1. Taberner either run deep to defense or held his position forward. No long leads into no mans land, which was great to see. Contested in the air, which stopped intercept marking and allow the team to set up our forward defense.
2. Our forward defense set up was excellent. Stopped the 45 kick and switch.
3. Hogan makes others better including Taberner with his field kicking and general smarts.
4. 5 goals were given away due to ball watching. Somebody needs to teach our players to see both the ball and opposition. Especially in stoppages and breakaways.
5. Conca is a blessing and a curse. His blocking and toughness was excellent but his kicking not so much.
6. We were tougher at the ball and man which was great see.
7. Less bombing was a good improvement.
8. We need to get congie dog.

Watched it again today... Strangely Cerra had a two or three opportunities to kick to a lead (twice inside 50 entries) that he not only missed but completely butchered. Hoping to see his clean use return this week as he becomes incredibly damaging if he hits those. We would also have had two more kicks at goal within 40m and add scoreboard pressure.

Also... while it was a great win we should have put them away earlier. tabs miss and a couple of other errors around it cost us the chance to go 20 plus points ahead.

Having said all that .... How bloody good was it!! Still pumped!

Watched it again today... Strangely Cerra had a two or three opportunities to kick to a lead (twice inside 50 entries) that he not only missed but completely butchered. Hoping to see his clean use return this week as he becomes incredibly damaging if he hits those. We would also have had two more kicks at goal within 40m and add scoreboard pressure.

Also... while it was a great win we should have put them away earlier. tabs miss and a couple of other errors around it cost us the chance to go 20 plus points ahead.

Having said all that .... How bloody good was it!! Still pumped!
Definitely lots of upside potential to come. I think the key thing to look at with young-ish list on the rebuild is the structural components. We're not bad.

Definitely lots of upside potential to come. I think the key thing to look at with young-ish list on the rebuild is the structural components. We're not bad.

Completely agree the structure is looking very strong the mids and defenders are looking more and more cohesive which is a huge step forward.

I don't know how our supporters can be anything but very impressed with the last three years of development, trading and drafting. It is looking ridiculously good atm.

I don't know how our supporters can be anything but very impressed with the last three years of development, trading and drafting. It is looking ridiculously good atm.

If you seed a bare patch of ground with grass seeds and the mother in law drops by, until it's visibly growing all she will see is a bare patch of dirt and not the work that you put in to it. We are only just seeing the green shoots now, most supporters have only seen bare dirt and not acknowledged that we'd seeded, weeded and watered the dirt until recently. An inconsistent game (and a loss) against the dogs and the negative nellies will be out in force again, as a couple of green shoots does not a lawn maketh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you seed a bare patch of ground with grass seeds and the mother in law drops by, until it's visibly growing all she will see is a bare patch of dirt and not the work that you put in to it. We are only just seeing the green shoots now, most supporters have only seen bare dirt and not acknowledged that we'd seeded, weeded and watered the dirt until recently. An inconsistent game (and a loss) against the dogs and the negative nellies will be out in force again, as a couple of green shoots does not a lawn maketh.

understand that to a degree... I just think that a spine of KPP still in the beginning or about the enter their prime plus some top picks would be evident to all..

Cerra butchered a few disposals but I think he was cooked, still needs to build a tank but he’s going to be awesome!
He did. Bit of a mixed bag for now, but tracking ok I think. You can see why he has been asked to play of hbf. Build the tank as well as developing the vision for the game so he can become a genuine playmaker for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back