Coach John Longmire - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's change things up with the kick-ins, stop this 20 m kick to congested half back line.
Have e.g. Florent use his speed + 10m from the top of the goalsquare advantage to run out of the goal square, gain and extra 20 meters to get ball closer to centre square.

Yes. Dawson or Sir Dane could also be used. Anyone who can kick over a jam tin.

Let's change things up with the kick-ins, stop this 20 m kick to congested half back line.
Have e.g. Florent use his speed + 10m from the top of the goalsquare advantage to run out of the goal square, gain and extra 20 meters to get ball closer to centre square.
I love the thinking SP but Florent would be better off in the ‘receiving area’, using his speed off what is essentially HB/wing and kicking into F50 area. Maybe Thurlow would be the answer? He actually is a good kick and he’s not really needed further up the ground.

I have written earlier about the onfield issues, none of which relate to game plan. I see no objective evidence that Longmire has "lost the players". I don't consider the purchase of properties or houseboats or whatever anything more than the purchase of those things.

In the last 2 weeks alone I've heard the following list of ex players/media experts state that the Swans game plan is a problem:

Jude Bolton
Chris Judd
Gary Lyon
Dermott Brereton
Wayne Carey
Cameron Ling
Wayne Schwass
David King
Matthew Lloyd

Between that lot there are over 2,000 senior AFL Games, 20 premierships, a brownlow, and countless other individual honours.

Are you suggesting that these guys are all incorrect and don't know what they're talking about?

In the last 2 weeks alone I've heard the following list of ex players/media experts state that the Swans game plan is a problem:

Jude Bolton
Chris Judd
Gary Lyon
Dermott Brereton
Wayne Carey
Cameron Ling
Wayne Schwass
David King
Matthew Lloyd

Between that lot there are over 2,000 senior AFL Games, 20 premierships, a brownlow, and countless other individual honours.

Are you suggesting that these guys are all incorrect and don't know what they're talking about?

3 of them ex swans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes no offence to Martin Street but how the hell did he land a wife that good looking?
Unlike Longmire, he took some risks....

Jude Bolton
Chris Judd
Gary Lyon
Dermott Brereton
Wayne Carey
Cameron Ling
Wayne Schwass
David King
Matthew Lloyd

Not necessarily incorrect but I'd like to see where these guys had Melbourne finishing this year.
You know, being experts with " over 2,000 senior AFL Games, 20 premierships, a brownlow, and countless other individual honours."
Surely they are switched on enough to know that Melbourne's game plan is a problem after winning two finals last season.

Not necessarily incorrect but I'd like to see where these guys had Melbourne finishing this year.
You know, being experts with " over 2,000 senior AFL Games, 20 premierships, a brownlow, and countless other individual honours."
Surely they are switched on enough to know that Melbourne's game plan is a problem after winning two finals last season.

Predictions and analysis are very different things.

Jude Bolton
Chris Judd
Gary Lyon
Dermott Brereton
Wayne Carey
Cameron Ling
Wayne Schwass
David King
Matthew Lloyd

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly am!

Being a great footballer does not mean you are a great coach, as we have seen time and time again. Currently there are 18 coaches, and about 5 others that some of the people on this board believe could be good.

All those people you have listed were greats of the game, but are commentators now. Do you really think that competitive spirit has left them? If they could coach, they would be... they'd be out there with the boys, competing with everything they've got!

But they can't, so they whinge and speculate like the rest of us! Put forth theories for why people are playing well, and why they're not. They did everything they could to remove Dimmer and Buckley, and then when it turned out they were wrong, they just acted like it had never happened!!!

All of this is a regular occurrence in Australia, and it has a name... it's called Tall Poppy Syndrome! Ringing any bells?

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly am!

Being a great footballer does not mean you are a great coach, as we have seen time and time again. Currently there are 18 coaches, and about 5 others that some of the people on this board believe could be good.

All those people you have listed were greats of the game, but are commentators now. Do you really think that competitive spirit has left them? If they could coach, they would be... they'd be out there with the boys, competing with everything they've got!

But they can't, so they whinge and speculate like the rest of us! Put forth theories for why people are playing well, and why they're not. They did everything they could to remove Dimmer and Buckley, and then when it turned out they were wrong, they just acted like it had never happened!!!

All of this is a regular occurrence in Australia, and it has a name... it's called Tall Poppy Syndrome! Ringing any bells?

Lol most of those listed would be on mega bucks in the media

Remember Dermott especially could of coached quite a few times

Not everyone who criticises Sydney has an agenda

Lol most of those listed would be on mega bucks in the media

Remember Dermott especially could of coached quite a few times

Not everyone who criticises Sydney has an agenda

Some might even speak with a bit of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back