Preview Round 6, 2019: St.Kilda v Adelaide - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 27th April, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 81 81.8%
  • Crows

Votes: 18 18.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The inflated stat that counts kicking to a contest as an effective disposal. Yeh that one. Billings is going at less than 84% but we both know who we'd rather have kicking the ball.
Well to be honest I dont need a stat to see that Mckenzie has been quite good with the footy this year.

It's been a knock on him in the past but he's clearly improved in that area. It's definitely one thing I've noticed.

If you think he's been poor by foot I think you need to watch closer.

The statistically more accurate one?
Do you think it's statistically accurate to count kicking to a marking contest irrelevant of to who's advantage and the outcome of the contest as an effective disposal? I suppose if you do then yes it is more statistically accurate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also I'll point out that the other players agree McKenzie is a bit of a coaches pet so I wonder if he was less in Richo's favour whether he'd be straight back in after a concussion over someone who got 27 touches and 6 (?) intercepts while shutting down their direct opponent such as Brandon White.

He's first on the emergency list though, any chance he is a late minute inclusion?

Don't like the look of that one bit, but maybe it's just because of a Sandy bye?
Probably just cover in case something happens to Marshall between now and Saturday.

Rubbish.

Maybe if those better skilled players had the capacity to go hard like Dmac, they'd also get a game.

Um, yeah that's the point.

Are we talking about the same guy that is going at 84% disposal efficiency this year?

He does tend to handball a lot and his kicking is still pretty heart in the mouth. He's one who's disposal efficiency looks better in stats than to the eye.

Jeez this forum would be lost without a scapegoat.
Lonie, scratched
Kent, scratched
Gears, out but scratched beforehand

But now we have DMAC

Whew, thought we were out of players to unfairly rubbish.

Marshall has made irrelevant the whole Hickey Pierce vs Longer debate too.

Do you think it's statistically accurate to count kicking to a marking contest irrelevant of to who's advantage and the outcome of the contest as an effective disposal? I suppose if you do then yes it is more statistically accurate.
Isn't it easier to kick to a player open i.e in an uncontested marking position?

Also I'll point out that the other players agree McKenzie is a bit of a coaches pet so I wonder if he was less in Richo's favour whether he'd be straight back in after a concussion over someone who got 27 touches and 6 (?) intercepts while shutting down their direct opponent such as Brandon White.
ALL, the other players? All 41 of them.

Was there a poll taken?

Isn't it easier to kick to a player open i.e in an uncontested marking position?
Yes and likely more effective but McKenzie couldn't hit the side of a barn if his nose was squished against it.

I don't really see how that's relevant though, considering the comment was about kicking to contests being counted as effective disposals.

Also think we are finally in a position to be able to play horses for courses due to our depth!
Against Adelaide i would love White's rebound, pace and ball use, against more dour opposition then i think Dmac should get the nod!

Adelaide have been equally poor as Melbourne in defending quick ball transition this year and i believe we should attempt to exploit them in this area
As much as possible!.....Anyways i'm comfortable with the team selected....Really hope Bruce gets up, we will need him!

Hopefully more of the same this week Saints....Be Bold, Brave and back our pace to play havoc with the Crow's gameplan!
Together with the same intensity and pressure the result will look after itself as the boys believe more and more in what they can do!
Any complacency then Adel is the type of team to make us really pay!
Will be interesting to see how we cope with being the faves and whether our maturity can withstand being the hunted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back