Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be a cynic, increases in profits = employing more staff.

Just look at the banks.......... oh wait :$
Increased profits or in this case sustaining profits in a time when all other costs are rising, such as electricity ;) keeps businesses viable and people employed

Again you’re using age as an insult. So what if our mindset was of a 85 year old? Do you think that’s a bad thing?

If you're making emotive or illinformed decisions on things that will have longterm impacts on people in their 20's - like, say climate inaction or choosing to leave Europe - then yeah, it is a bad thing.

Older voters have far greater social responsibility, because they potentially won't see the negative impacts of their decisions in their lifetime.

If you're making emotive or illinformed decisions on things that will have longterm impacts on people in their 20's - like, say climate inaction or choosing to leave Europe - then yeah, it is a bad thing.

Older voters have far greater social responsibility, because they potentially won't see the negative impacts of their decisions in their lifetime.
Your assuming older people are making ill informed or emotive decisions and that they are selfish and don’t care about what happens to their grandkids, so your explanation hasn’t helped the age bias which came through in his post.

So Shorten is busted lying again, claims he hasn’t knocked about debates on Nine and the ABC and yet they have both claimed he has.

Do we really want 🤥 running the country?

So it's a media outlet's word over a politician.

I'm assuming Nine and the ABC provided proof Shorten knocked back the debate.

Your assuming older people are making ill informed or emotive decisions and that they are selfish and don’t care about what happens to their grandkids, so your explanation hasn’t helped the age bias which came through in his post.

He's not saying that at all.

He was making a point that if older people are making decisions with no thought as to the future ramifications of that decision then that's a problem.

It's not a blanket statement of all older people, just those who are making those particular decisions.

Same with the independent lady Zali Steggal who has knocked back offers from multiple media outlets to debate Tony Abbott in a Town Hall type debate where the public in attendance ask the questions.

She did a pre-election debate.

I know she knocked back Paul Murray's offer, but really that would be like a Crows player going to a debate at Alberton Oval that is hosted by Rucci and Kane Cornes.

On the payroll so absolutely no difference.

That doesn't even make any sense

Of course they are getting paid, they need someone to work around 20 hours/week for a few weeks to organise a rally. Those things clearly don't just magically come together overnight, it takes weeks of planning and organisation for it to happen.

You posted it trying to fool people into thinking that Adani protests are just people who are being paid to protest whereas that's not even close to being the case.

It's not looking good for Bumbling Bill. Has he told us yet how he is going to fund his carbon policy or what his superannuation tax is going to look like? So far we know the rich and the working class are going to take a hit from his negative gearing changes. What little surprises has he got in store for us next?

So Shorten is busted lying again, claims he hasn’t knocked about debates on Nine and the ABC and yet they have both claimed he has.

Do we really want 🤥 running the country?

You are getting desperate on the lying aren’t you.

If Shorten is declining debates, it is for one reason only, he actually doesn’t need to. He already has two locked in - Seven and Sky News. Debates generally only give a fill up to the party that is behind. Suggests that polling is as we thought from the beginning.

The ad man does need to debate as he is the only Coalition politician on our tv screens - where is Hunt? where is Dutton? where is Porter? where is Fraudenberg? where is Cash? where is Corman? It is a one man campaign!

Again you’re using age as an insult. So what if our mindset was of a 85 year old? Do you think that’s a bad thing?

Grow a set ffs.

So you reckon people in their 80’s should make decisions on climate change for example?

I have no kids so therefore why the * why should I care about climate change? Well you know what this planet, we don’t own it, we are the caretakers of it whilst we are on it and if we need to do something now I want to play my part, whether it be financial or whatever.

Last edited:
It's not looking good for Bumbling Bill. Has he told us yet how he is going to fund his carbon policy or what his superannuation tax is going to look like? So far we know the rich and the working class are going to take a hit from his negative gearing changes. What little surprises has he got in store for us next?

He is already doing two debates, he isn’t going to dance to the happy clapper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cuts to penalty rates failed to create a single job.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...b/news-story/4946a1915162c197a896063ae4009bb7

So it was a cynical ploy from shoddy small business owners to cut their employees pay in the end.

Yes, typical. Kept the money for themselves. Not one job. Not one job.

Makes it easy for the ALP to exploit this - this is what business wanted and guess what people, no jobs.

It is the collective mindset - it is all about me in Australia, not what is good for the country. Time to turf this corrupt mob out.

He's not saying that at all.

He was making a point that if older people are making decisions with no thought as to the future ramifications of that decision then that's a problem.

It's not a blanket statement of all older people, just those who are making those particular decisions.
Young people also make decisions without a thought to the future, so yeah he and Kirky were having a crack at old people

You are getting desperate on the lying aren’t you.

If Shorten is declining debates, it is for one reason only, he actually doesn’t need to. He already has two locked in - Seven and Sky News. Debates generally only give a fill up to the party that is behind. Suggests that polling is as we thought from the beginning.

The ad man does need to debate as he is the only Coalition politician on our tv screens - where is Hunt? where is Dutton? where is Porter? where is Fraudenberg? where is Cash? where is Corman? It is a one man campaign!
He said he hadn’t knocked back debates, they’ve said he did = lie

Grow a set ffs.

So you reckon people in their 80’s should make decisions on climate change for example?

I have no kids so therefore why the **** why should I care about climate change? Well you know what this planet, we don’t own it, we are the caretakers of it whilst we are on it and if we need to do something now I want to play my part, whether it be financial or whatever.
Why shouldn’t old people make decisions on climate change? Are you saying they are selfish?

You are in the minority who don’t have kids, so again given the majority of old people have grandkids, are you suggesting they’d vote without any consideration for them?

Not only are you clueless, you’re an aged discriminator, I might need to report you.

He said, they said. Move on.

Can we actually have the MSM concentrate on Coalition policy to discuss? That’s right, they don’t have any of substance. Instead the MSM are playing games with this s**t.
Of course you want to move on, Bill has been busted lying again.

Yes but if you are young there are consequences, when you are very old (85 is past current life expectancy) then your decisions have very few consequences for you.
So you want to take away voting rights for the elderly?

Why shouldn’t old people make decisions on climate change? Are you saying they are selfish?

You are in the minority who don’t have kids, so again given the majority of old people have grandkids, are you suggesting they’d vote without any consideration for them?

Not only are you clueless, you’re an aged discriminator, I might need to report you.

Are you an idiot? Shouldn’t have asked, I know the answer to that one.

Of course they are selfish! The majority of the oldies only want to do something if it doesn’t cost them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back