Round 6 Venting and Discussion thread

bol316

Team Captain
Jan 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah I moreso meant less sideways moves now, I brought in Zerret over Whitfield last week because I think Zerret has hit his lowest price, Whitfield should come down eventually.

OMG yes and Merrett was like 150ish cheaper for you, right? Had him for 3 weeks now and no regrets :)

bol316

Team Captain
Jan 19, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure what i think of this week so far....

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 2.29.05 PM.png

Jan 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Since I think I'm a chance of winning my main league this week, I think I might do the ROB upgrade, even though it's using cash I could use for an on-field upgrade next week... Banking on the Port rookies reaching their BE's against North so that I can move 2 on next week instead.

It's B Crouch, B Smith, Taranto, Whitfield, Scrimshaw & Petrucelle VS. Witts, Witherden & 240 points.

Both of my opponents have Witts & Witherden actually, really need them to have a poor one!

Apr 27, 2006
Your Backyard
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ehh, one round and was being tagged. He's Dusty and he's a forward. That automatically brings down the average he needs to hit to be viable. Richmond will get straightened out soon enough and he will be "Dusty" again. I picked him up and i dont regret it

Getting Martin in last week was 100% a mistake. Your 'one bad round' should be more like one good round from five starts and a weeks suspension. There has been nothing to suggest he needed to be brought in off the back of one good round.

Move him on before he costs you valuable dollars as his BE this week will be over 120.

simioni11

Team Captain
Mar 7, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Since I've majorly stuffed up my rookies to field almost every week, would love some help on these!

Field Rozee or Scrimshaw?

Field (1 of) Atkins, Duursma or Gibbons?
Scrim against my boys Carlton will have a job on one of the big 3 fwds, Rozee against north ill go, ill prob go Gibbons, i liked his role last week

Since I've majorly stuffed up my rookies to field almost every week, would love some help on these!

Field Rozee or Scrimshaw?

Field (1 of) Atkins, Duursma or Gibbons?

Rozee for me, at home against a North side that’s leaking points. Scrim should be fine too but Rozee gets the nod for me.

Gibbo was awesome last week playing a truer mid role and should keep that role with Setters still out of the side? Atkins is playing against a usually-restrictive West Coast and Duurs has been average in his last few although he is playing North at home. I’d go Gibbons.

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Getting Martin in last week was 100% a mistake. Your 'one bad round' should be more like one good round from five starts and a weeks suspension. There has been nothing to suggest he needed to be brought in off the back of one good round.

Move him on before he costs you valuable dollars as his BE this week will be over 120.
Agree with this. Martin is a poor pick at this current point in time. He needs to show a few games at least of consistency. He’s always going to be the first tagged. Even his 110 a few weeks ago, he needed 3 snags to get there. Not going to do that every week

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
No point getting Dusty in, while Riewoldt is out. While those owners who had him couldn't have foreseen Riewoldt doing his PCL, bringing him in any time before all of Caddy, Lynch and Riewoldt are playing up forward together, is a big mistake. He'll play forward for quite a bit, to compensate for Riewoldt, meaning he won't get the mid time needed to consistently ton up. Was a target when DPP's were announced, but quickly shifted back to reality when I realized that he'll be the number 1 tagged each week (without Cotch in) and that's only when he plays mid

Shadow89

Cancelled
Feb 20, 2018
Jan 29, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Scrim against my boys Carlton will have a job on one of the big 3 fwds, Rozee against north ill go, ill prob go Gibbons, i liked his role last week
Rozee for me, at home against a North side that’s leaking points. Scrim should be fine too but Rozee gets the nod for me.

Gibbo was awesome last week playing a truer mid role and should keep that role with Setters still out of the side? Atkins is playing against a usually-restrictive West Coast and Duurs has been average in his last few although he is playing North at home. I’d go Gibbons.

Both in agreement, that's good! And also both were different to what I had - since I've been rubbish at picking, this seems like a good thing too. I wasn't planning on moving Rozee back, but I had to swap him with Burgess to get Corbett. In hindsight I would have made Scrim my E rather than Stack, but hopefully no harm done there.

Thanks guys :thumbsu:

Shadow89

Cancelled
Feb 20, 2018
Ehh, one round and was being tagged. He's Dusty and he's a forward. That automatically brings down the average he needs to hit to be viable. Richmond will get straightened out soon enough and he will be "Dusty" again. I picked him up and i dont regret it
Agree with this. Martin is a poor pick at this current point in time. He needs to show a few games at least of consistency. He’s always going to be the first tagged. Even his 110 a few weeks ago, he needed 3 snags to get there. Not going to do that every week

No point getting Dusty in, while Riewoldt is out. While those owners who had him couldn't have foreseen Riewoldt doing his PCL, bringing him in any time before all of Caddy, Lynch and Riewoldt are playing up forward together, is a big mistake. He'll play forward for quite a bit, to compensate for Riewoldt, meaning he won't get the mid time needed to consistently ton up. Was a target when DPP's were announced, but quickly shifted back to reality when I realized that he'll be the number 1 tagged each week (without Cotch in) and that's only when he plays mid

Back