Adam Saad vs Jason Johannisen

Who would you pick for your team?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

At this point in time, Saad easily.

Been The Dons best player in their dismal start to the season, and really had a ripper 2017 season, just keeps on keeping on.

big fan of JJ too, just sad to see him fall off the cliff, have to wonder if he is still affected by all the garbage that went down with Stringer.

No real comparison here. Saad is an accounttable defender who has blusteringpace abdvisi9n in the counterr attack.

Johannisson isn't the former.

Jobe handed his Brownlow back, johannisen should follow suit with his norm smith. Maybe hand it to Picken or Boyd.
Nah he deserved his norm smith medal. Yes there were a couple of others that could have gotten it but that happens every year.

No different to Dusty winning it in 2017 when you could argue Houli was the better player on the day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah he deserved his norm smith medal. Yes there were a couple of others that could have gotten it but that happens every year.

No different to Dusty winning it in 2017 when you could argue Houli was the better player on the day
I agree on Houli, as for johannison have another look at the game, his turnovers were horrific. I'd have Boyd, Picken or Kennedy as candidates.

I'd take Adam Saad in a heartbeat over JJ, an elite run and gun player with very good disposal at the end of it, JJ is more likely to butcher the ball IMO, Saad a better 1 v 1 defender as well.

Adam Saad has been killing it for years up at the Suns, like a lot of good footballers North of the Wall they are under appreciated.

Johannisen's best year better than Saad's but overall Saad because he's stronger defensively and can still break a game open offensively. One thing that always impresses me about Saad is how physically strong he is. Sometimes he can win marking contests against much taller opponents as a result.

They play fairly differently though. Johannisen is more of a rebounding HBF and Saad is more of a lockdown back pocket that can rebound. Saad tends to play on the fastest small forward which may or may not be the best small forward. For eg vs Collingwood I expect him to get Stephensen rather than say Elliot or De Goey but against Brisbane he got Charlie Cameron who probably is their best.

People have short memories.

Jason Johannisen is better and more accomplished than Saad is. Saad is more durable though.

Back