Movie Avengers - Endgame

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Weirdest movie experience I've ever had. Half the audience started clapping anytime something good happened, is this common behaviour at Cinemas today? or was I just surrounded by a bunch of weirds campaigners.
Weird campaigners. There was a tiny spattering of applause at the end in my cinema but it dies out wthin about 2 seconds.

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Weirdest movie experience I've ever had. Half the audience started clapping anytime something good happened, is this common behaviour at Cinemas today? or was I just surrounded by a bunch of weirds campaigners.
When theatres are full people laugh, cry and engage more with the movie as they feel more comfortable. A bit like going to a football match.

If you see it again in a couple of weeks it will be different.

Cinema I was in sort of 1/3 applauded at the end.

Everyone stayed for post credits, when Marvel themselves said they are not doing any.

Anyone else getting odd tingles when they recall Downy saying "I am Iron Man" when he snapped his gauntlet at the end? Damn that was well played Russo brothers. Well played.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Thor 4? Licensed to Thor... A View to a Thor...The Thor who Loved Me.... Thorderball!

Have to say there was the most audience reaction that I can remember from any movie in a long time, when you see CA pick up Thor's hammer there was a really noticable reaction, not cheering just everyone taking a breath, same with some other scences was cool if a bit odd

Weird campaigners. There was a tiny spattering of applause at the end in my cinema but it dies out wthin about 2 seconds.

Thor 4? Licensed to Thor... A View to a Thor...The Thor who Loved Me.... Thorderball!

Have to say there was the most audience reaction that I can remember from any movie in a long time, when you see CA pick up Thor's hammer there was a really noticable reaction, not cheering just everyone taking a breath, same with some other scences was cool if a bit odd

My big fat asgardian wedding

when cap picked up hammer, there were gasps of air in the cinema defintiely. just like when the portals opened and our strung many warriors.

ive watched movies in USA, and they love to clap and holler. Here, i think someone who claps quickly stops as others look around to find him/her

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Happened at our session

Lift, funny line, battle scene

rippersnipper

What up son, whatever
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
my biggest gripe is with how underpowered Thor is after showing a glimpse of his power in Ragnarok and IW. Sure he isn't at his best, but he's still the God of Thunder and King Of Asgard (at that point) and yet they make him look almost useless. I mean he was dual-wielding and he did nothing. How can captain America do more (a lot of) damage through obtaining some of the power of Thor via Mjolnir, but thor can't do s**t with both Mjolnir and Stormbreaker? It doesn't work. He went from being the most powerful to * all in one movie. So frustrating to watch given the hype of his character over his past couple of movies

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
My big fat asgardian wedding

when cap picked up hammer, there were gasps of air in the cinema defintiely. just like when the portals opened and our strung many warriors.

ive watched movies in USA, and they love to clap and holler. Here, i think someone who claps quickly stops as others look around to find him/her
Did you see the footage of Marvel movies being shown in India? Literally the entire movie the crowd is standing upa nd cheering and whooping and throwing food at the screen when the villains are on. Must be wild.

Edit: Can't find the footage but here is an article about it. http://www.appocalypse.co/entertain...da-audience-reaction-inspired-russos-endgame/

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens
Yeah we had a fair amount of cheers and claps in my session. When spidey appeared the cinema erupted, as well as when Cap wielded Mjolnir. Also applause when it finished, was weird, but shows how much admiration and how much peoplw have invested in the franchise. So made me smile, good on them.

Loved it. That last hour was incredible. Yeah theres plot holes and some slow parts but I can forgive that given the overall film was great. Endings are bloody hard to get right and I cannot think of how it could have possibly been better. Well done to all in involved from Fiege to the actors.

******* lost my s**t when they revealed Cap was controlling Mjolnir. Fav part of the movie and great payoff to the scene from Age of Ultron.

Cap strapping in again to face Thanos and all his army alone, then for all the avengers to come in behind him was ******* epic.

Tony's I am Iron Man was perfect and a great throwback.

Natasha and Clints scene in Volmir was fantastic too, so tense and great acting by both

Other little moment I liked.

-Cap Marvel destroying the ship.
-Tony and Peter
-Happy offering Tony's Daughter a cheeseburger saying how much he liked them. Another throwback

Many more I prob cant think of right now.

Only thing I wished for was for Hulk being in final fight but obviously couldnt due to the injury.

Like I said endings are important and Tony getting a heroes end and cap getting his happy ending too was very satisfying.

Cant wait to see it again.

Yeah we had a fair amount of cheers and claps in my session. When spidey appeared the cinema erupted, as well as when Cap wielded Mjolnir. Also applause when it finished, was weird, but shows how much admiration and how much peoplw have invested in the franchise. So made me smile, good on them.
Yeah this happened in the sold out cinema I was in on the GC on Wednesday night.

Kinda felt weird having people clap.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
i really dislike this body language "experts" analysis of the larson-hemsworth-cheedle interview.

posted this comment to her video

She raises her chin at Hemsworth = "she's trying to dominate him". Then you criticize her for lowering her chin at Cheedle = "she's condescending him". I think you're being extremely unfair and just biased against the lovely Brie Larson.

I wish I had clapping and cheering, instead I had a breastfeeding baby and people who take phone calls during movies, all part of the same family. Friggen livid, would hurl chairs but they already procreated so it's ruined.

I will say I liked it, but thought it was kinda weak in too many moments, and a few of those were straight shoved down your throat so felt IW was better overall out of the two.

Literally cursed at girl power during end fight scene for example, just had to throw in feminisim somehow. And Thor went from angry, to lardarse drunk relatively quickly and whilst this reflection of Thanos is more in line with Thanos being coveting lady death, Thor was seemingly neutered for the sake of it, even after mumsies pep talk.

Loved the Hawkeye scene pre-title, was straight in to "this s**t is real and at home" before kick in to movie was a nice touch. The Nebula instance seemed a bit tacked on, but fine it works, literally 180 from her though to not even trying to resist to point blank shooting past her when it suited a bit meh arc wise. Middle third was the weakest for mine but also works a set up for multiverse options in how Cap was able to live and grow old in same continuum without butterfly effect.

End third was penultumate though, would have enjoyed more thoroughly if I could have shoved that phone down the bitches throat but, twas a fitting end and thank god we actually got an assemble. Though in saying this, Mjollnir from front row looks heavily cgi when he spun it, like comically so, I expected a little cleaner but literally lold. Although I haven't read a bit of the thread, are those 6 tones at the end logo significant in any way?

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Great movie. It will break 1 billion dollars by the opening weekend. Cannot be any doubt whatsoever. Should be re released, as Avatar did. Every chance should be taken to smash number 1 of all time worldwide. Pains me to this day that a garbage movie (this is a debate for another forum, another time) like Avatar is number 1, ahead of Titanic, Star Wars and Avengers Infinity War.

Superhero movie that had an incredible first hour. Felt like a drama. The opening scene. Then the sudden cut after Hawkeye was hysterics trying to figure out what happened. Goosebumps moment.
Anyway, really want to discuss a plot hole.
Spoiler- shock.
The Time Travel, particularly when Nebula from 2024 lands on Mormag (?) the location of the stone which Quill finds the Power stone. This is when 2014 Thanos discovers that Nebula 2024 is about to sabotage him in the future via Nebula in his timeline. Thus he puts his Nebula back into 2024 now they have all the infinity stone and lands into that timeline.
Question- now that the 2014 Thanos is in 2024 timeline wouldn’t that null and void the timeline which he snaps the half of the universe? He goes off his path and wants the gauntlet of 2024?Infiniry War becomes obsolete? Wouldn’t that undo Thanos snap.. weird plot hole.
BUT I know Stark did say, he wouldn’t change his timeline- daughter, married to Potts in order to save the vanished half. That comes into play.
I don’t know, it’s just weird with these time machine movies. Back to the future explains it to a degree. Avengers did an interesting job here.

Also, what happens to Loki when he captures the Tesserect and disappears in 2012 Avengers timeline? They made no mention of him past that scene.
They went back to 1970s, Stark and Rogers (Captain America) to get that alternate Tesseract - Space Stone. Again alternate timeline. The Time Scorcer in 2012 which Hulk goes to get the time stone did mention that if you take one stone to use to alter the timeline of that particular path then you put that current events out of whack. SO I’m assuming the snap Stark did undo all that. Does that make that time travel obsolete and void, which they travelled to, and continues their timeline? Again, As Iron Man needs that to happen in order for his daughter and Potts to survive.
So therefore Loki taking the Tessaract opens the phase 4 pathway, as his timeline isn’t told. There Endgame isn’t the end point exactly. I’m guessing Spider-Man: Far from Home has implications on this- as its the actual end of phase 3.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
I wish I had clapping and cheering, instead I had a breastfeeding baby and people who take phone calls during movies, all part of the same family. Friggen livid, would hurl chairs but they already procreated so it's ruined.

I will say I liked it, but thought it was kinda weak in too many moments, and a few of those were straight shoved down your throat so felt IW was better overall out of the two.

Literally cursed at girl power during end fight scene for example, just had to throw in feminisim somehow. And Thor went from angry, to lardarse drunk relatively quickly and whilst this reflection of Thanos is more in line with Thanos being coveting lady death, Thor was seemingly neutered for the sake of it, even after mumsies pep talk.

Loved the Hawkeye scene pre-title, was straight in to "this s**t is real and at home" before kick in to movie was a nice touch. The Nebula instance seemed a bit tacked on, but fine it works, literally 180 from her though to not even trying to resist to point blank shooting past her when it suited a bit meh arc wise. Middle third was the weakest for mine but also works a set up for multiverse options in how Cap was able to live and grow old in same continuum without butterfly effect.

End third was penultumate though, would have enjoyed more thoroughly if I could have shoved that phone down the bitches throat but, twas a fitting end and thank god we actually got an assemble. Though in saying this, Mjollnir from front row looks heavily cgi when he spun it, like comically so, I expected a little cleaner but literally lold. Although I haven't read a bit of the thread, are those 6 tones at the end logo significant in any way?

Yeah have to say the Powergirl scene didn't work for me either, it just wasn't needed and felt so hamfisted. Trust that you've got strong female characters and leave it at that. Even if they absolutely had to make a reference to the female characters it still could have been handled better than that.

Also didn't see the need for Gwyneth Paltrow to be so front and centre in the final fight. She got the Rescue Armor which was great but she's still an inexperienced pilot. Its a pretty minor thing but would have preferred to see her using it more to support and rescue rather than holding her own against Thanos. (Thats off one viewing mind you, will be interesting to see it again)

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards

Ha. I had to go a second time as I used captiview for Closed Captions which died on Wednesday. Had that all planned. Then went tonight with baby. Thankfully didn’t end up like your night did. Well behaved and calm. That’s bizarre on your experience.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Great movie. It will break 1 billion dollars by the opening weekend. Cannot be any doubt whatsoever. Should be re released, as Avatar did. Every chance should be taken to smash number 1 of all time worldwide. Pains me to this day that a garbage movie (this is a debate for another forum, another time) like Avatar is number 1, ahead of Titanic, Star Wars and Avengers Infinity War.

Superhero movie that had an incredible first hour. Felt like a drama. The opening scene. Then the sudden cut after Hawkeye was hysterics trying to figure out what happened. Goosebumps moment.
Anyway, really want to discuss a plot hole.
Spoiler- shock.
The Time Travel, particularly when Nebula from 2024 lands on Mormag (?) the location of the stone which Quill finds the Power stone. This is when 2014 Thanos discovers that Nebula 2024 is about to sabotage him in the future via Nebula in his timeline. Thus he puts his Nebula back into 2024 now they have all the infinity stone and lands into that timeline.
Question- now that the 2014 Thanos is in 2024 timeline wouldn’t that null and void the timeline which he snaps the half of the universe? He goes off his path and wants the gauntlet of 2024?Infiniry War becomes obsolete? Wouldn’t that undo Thanos snap.. weird plot hole.
BUT I know Stark did say, he wouldn’t change his timeline- daughter, married to Potts in order to save the vanished half. That comes into play.
I don’t know, it’s just weird with these time machine movies. Back to the future explains it to a degree. Avengers did an interesting job here.

Also, what happens to Loki when he captures the Tesserect and disappears in 2012 Avengers timeline? They made no mention of him past that scene.
They went back to 1970s, Stark and Rogers (Captain America) to get that alternate Tesseract - Space Stone. Again alternate timeline. The Time Scorcer in 2012 which Hulk goes to get the time stone did mention that if you take one stone to use to alter the timeline of that particular path then you put that current events out of whack. SO I’m assuming the snap Stark did undo all that. Does that make that time travel obsolete and void, which they travelled to, and continues their timeline? Again, As Iron Man needs that to happen in order for his daughter and Potts to survive.
So therefore Loki taking the Tessaract opens the phase 4 pathway, as his timeline isn’t told. There Endgame isn’t the end point exactly. I’m guessing Spider-Man: Far from Home has implications on this- as its the actual end of phase 3.

As far as I understand it, 2014 Thanos entering the 2024 timeline has no affect at all on the events that have happened up to that point. The 'snap' has already happened and is history.

Is there now a different timeline where Thanos just disappears in 2014 and never collects the stones? Probably.

Loki, isn't referred to again, seeing as the Tesseract doesnt give him the power to affect time there's no reason to think he can appear in the 2024 timeline. He is still dead, but now there may be another timeline where he was never captured. This may tie into a planned Loki TV show (with Tim Hiddleston) and some reports that Disney will be developing some type of 'what if' shows that tie into the MCU.

If the Tony Snap was just to dust Thanos and his allies then there's no reason it would have wiped Loki snatching the Tesseract, which was on another timeline anyway.

Last edited:
Back