Essendon fans booing.

Remove this Banner Ad

How was that one not an obvious mistake?
From ground level Bags was off line of his lead (really just because Bags is an average player) and the umpire assumed it was because he was being held. I didn’t think the free was there live and the replay showed it wasn’t. Happens every week of every season where the forward will get the 50/50 call. The 3rd quarter free against Hooker on Cox for out muscling him, typical forward free kick. It was inconsistent all day but again it was the obvious mistakes, unmistakable, both teams stopped on a number of ocassions waiting for the expected whistle. Might happen once in the odd game, not 3 times in a quarter. It wasn’t biased umpiring, I don’t believe in that (except I believe umpires s**t themselves into giving free kicks to home sides in Perth), it was just plain poor umpiring.

Essendon lost because Collingwood were excellent in the first 1.5 quarters and if they had of kicked straight the game would’ve been all over at half time.

I wasn't saying they were.

I believe that regardless of your opinion on the quality of umpiring or outcome of the match, you show some respect - especially considering the context of the match. I dont think there is really any excuse for booing someone receiving a medal. Boo all you want after the game, during the game or when the umpires are walking off.
You said: "I think with servicemen present with Pendlebury, and being awarded a medal, I personally think it comes across as disrespectful."

So you were equating Pendlebury with the servicemen who were there because it was Anzac Day and saying it was disrespectful to both Pendlebury and the servicemen. I disagreed.

You said: "I think with servicemen present with Pendlebury, and being awarded a medal, I personally think it comes across as disrespectful."

So you were equating Pendlebury with the servicemen who were there because it was Anzac Day and saying it was disrespectful to both Pendlebury and the servicemen. I disagreed.
To be fair, the Servicemen (mostly Servicewomen actually) that packed out the pub I was in earlier in the day, could barely speak at 11am, let alone give a * about booing at 6pm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If roles were reversed everyone would be saying the exact same thing.

Get off the moral high ground and move on. Sport emotes emotion, the poor umpiring admitted by most parties merely amplified these emotions that spilt over to an untimely part of the day.

Booing is apart of sport, admit it and move on. Every clubs supporter do it, every clubs supporters will continue to do it. Move on

A hilarious thread.
To sum up collingwood morals are as follows:
Booing Gary ablett is ok
Booing Dom sheed is ok
Booing Nick reiwoldt was ok
Booing jobe Watson was ok
Making fun of disabled people tossing the coin was ok
Their players failing drug tests was ok
Still calling essendon dopers and druggies six and a half years on is OK.

But booing Scott pendlebury.
Ooooh that's naughty.

How full of yourselves can you be.

Collingwood are the most arrogant sports club in the world.

A hilarious thread.
Booing Gary ablett is ok
Booing Dom sheed is ok

Ooooh that's naughty.

you missed recommending a black person play king kong is ok

A hilarious thread.
Booing Gary ablett is ok
Booing Dom sheed is ok

Ooooh that's naughty.

Can see someone is still salty about the loss, it's alright, I'd be salty too if my side hadn't won a final in 15 years too.

A hilarious thread.
Booing Gary ablett is ok
Booing Dom sheed is ok

Ooooh that's naughty.

I have no trouble with booing players DURING the game, as long as it is not racially motivated (what happened to Goodes was disgraceful)
Booing Nick Reiwoldt was NOT ok and was extremely disrespectful, and our supporters will have to wear that.
Jobe Watson was booed for hanging on to a Brownlow he clearly did not deserve for far too long.
Some of the things McGuire has said over the years are NOT ok, and I wish he'd just shut up.
Our players failing drug tests was not ok, and they copped their right wack.
Still calling Essendon dopers and druggies six and a half years on is starting to wear a bit thin, but its also about time Essendon supporters put their hand up and accepted that their CLUB deliberately and systematically injected their players with an "unknown substance", off sight, and "apparently" with no record of what it was. The club, and all who support it, will have to live with that shame forever.

As for the booing of Pendlebury, the premise that it was aimed at anyone else but him is absurd. And why? That ducking accusation is rubbish if you go back and look at it.

By all means, boo him the next time we play you, but not when he's just been awarded the ANZAC Day Medal, on ANZAC Day. It was very poor form.

Joe public in the stands should have been awarded an Anzac Medal, all of them...

For having the bravery and courage to sit through the rubbish umpiring on display.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back