Obi fella

Cancelled
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Williamstown
RIP Zebras

Excellent post. A continuation of AFL Victoria’s reluctance to prevent club rapage that started in ‘95. There were rumours of this happening 3 years ago but member unrest prevented it. So sad, stay strong Sandy!

Obi fella

Cancelled
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Williamstown
A mouth watering round 1 coming up. Geelong vs Richmond, Williamstown vs Port and the GF rematch all high on the list of games that could be very close. Anybody want to tip?

Footscray vs Sandringham
Geelong vs Richmond
Coburg vs Collingwood
Werribee
vs North Melbourne
Williamstown vs Port Melbourne
Box Hill vs Casey
Frankston vs Essendon
The Tigers & especially Springvale let you down. 5 tips is a fair effort though 👍

Obi fella

Cancelled
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Williamstown
Excuse my ignorance, but have I missed something this year? Is it back to a final 5? Pic from VFL app.
Screenshot_20190408-195450_VFL.jpg

Feb 18, 2003
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Fantastic atmosphere at Werribee yesterday for the double header.

My best guess at the crowd was about 3000. The canteen pretty much sold out of food as had the BBQ.

As for the matches - Essendon's early season form continued with a healthy 94 point win over North Melbourne. The second match ended up being a thrilling contest with Geelong hanging on. A late controversial free kick to Geelong and the amount of time wasted discussing the matter certainly didn't help things.

In all, the concept appears to have worked.

CrazyJoeFevola

Setanta Ó hAilpín’s official bigfooty butler 2007
Apr 14, 2013
Gardiner Stand Can Bar
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Preston, WIndies, Armagh GAA
Frankston in disarray which is a shame. Not to take any credit away from my Burger boys today however. Though it was against a weak opposition it was a clinical display.

Going off the first 3 weeks, it seems like Patch Adams has got a well drilled unit running around this year compared to the last in spite of us losing a few lily livered glory hunters to Port and Willy during the off season.

We’ll be much more competitive week on week all year I reckon. Good signs. Go Lions.

Frankston in disarray which is a shame. Not to take any credit away from my Burger boys today however. Though it was against a weak opposition it was a clinical display.

Going off the first 3 weeks, it seems like Patch Adams has got a well drilled unit running around this year compared to the last in spite of us losing a few lily livered glory hunters to Port and Willy during the off season.

We’ll be much more competitive week on week all year I reckon. Good signs. Go Lions.
I mean I don't blame Goodwin one bit. He hasn't got long left and he deserves a crack at a flag, plus he stood by us through some s**t years.

Like yeah, credit to them for being 3-1, but they've beaten North, Coburg and Preston, all three of whom look like 10-15 sides and lost to Geelong who don't look much better, let's see how they go against Port in Round 6 and Footscray in round 7 before labeling them the "standout standalone team". All that being said, with double ups against Coburg and Frankston, they're a good chance at finishing in the top 8 if they can steal wins from their other competitors.

Willy are still the pick of them for me.

So who are the standouts so far?

Essendon are on top but haven't really played anyone yet, we'll learn more about them against Casey this week.

Richmond are the picks for me so far, having beaten Geelong in Geelong (something hard to do at this level as well), Port Melbourne, Casey in Casey (another tough ask) and smashing Willy at Point Gellibrand (hardest away ground in the VFL IMO).

Box Hill's only real scalp has been Casey, which was an annihilation to their credit. Lost to Port Melbourne, and got the job done well against Coburg and Sandy.

Footscray are similar to Box Hill, except the loss was to Willy instead of Port.

Werribee have beaten 3 lowly sides and lost to another so I think their record flatters them a bit.

Port's two losses were to two good sides, and their 3 wins to one good side and two poor to average sides.

Williamstown have had some good wins but poor losses to some good sides.

Preston have had some tight wins over average teams but were spanked by Werribee.

For me right now the top 4 are clear stand outs early. If Essendon beat Casey they'll be 1-4, and a long way back to come from. Even so, they have a high percentage despite the record. I think Port beat the Bees this week, Box Hill vs Footscray looks like MOTR this week, thankfully it's the TV game as well.

Bessa

Cancelled
Feb 26, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lowson and Dickson vision here. Both are big chances to go at mid-season draft from Coburg

CrazyJoeFevola

Setanta Ó hAilpín’s official bigfooty butler 2007
Apr 14, 2013
Gardiner Stand Can Bar
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Preston, WIndies, Armagh GAA
Has the VFL gone through with their idea to ditch the printed Record and just have an app instead?
They did it for a round late last year and the VFL seemed keen to implement it ASAP.

No records this year. Just printed team sheets at the gate.

Round of big goals this weekend.

Six to Patt Kerr and Jordan Lisle
Five to Sam Dunnell and Wylie Buzza
Four to Max King and Danny Younan

Will be interesting to see what sort of forward line they choose for TOTW, I see them only picking four of them due to the , maybe one on the bench. Something like:

Bailey Dale (21 and 3) - Patt Kerr - Daniel Butler (17 and 3)
Danny Younan - Jordan Lisle - Wylie Buzza

Dunnell the better chance to King due to more touches, goals and playing in the better side.

Back