Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
so neither of them did any 2-way running? any defensive efforts? from what i've seen of worrell is he has the talent and athleticism but no grunt, needs to impose his frame and skill on the games. i rate worrell but needs to show more i think.

Worrell seems like an outside tall half back flanker to me, he gets enough contested footy to be a decent one and is quick.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Allies squads will be going up against the Metro and Country trial squads this Sunday, expect a few stars to be rested but plenty of players have impressed in these games and ended up being a factor at the draft. Connor McFadyen and James Rowbottom where two players that caught my eye especially last year in these games.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Allies squads will be going up against the Metro and Country trial squads this Sunday, expect a few stars to be rested but plenty of players have impressed in these games and ended up being a factor at the draft. Connor McFadyen and James Rowbottom where two players that caught my eye especially last year in these games.

is it being played at Ikon Park? and if so do you know the time? cheers

Mar 13, 2008
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
*Posting this on a number of main threads here*

Just on the concept of drafting talls, I wonder if there is something in this concept.

At junior level, the better talls often move to the forward line first, then the leftover play in defense. (Not always the case, so not a blanket rule of thumb)

If there is a junior level forward that has some question marks on their ability at AFL level, maybe they can then become a defender?

Thinking names like Battle, Jones, Sicily.... (Just noticed Carlton have shifted two players previously considered forwards as defenders in Levi and Jones. I also noted that Battle is also considered a defender now) I also noted that Oscar Allen played as a defender for the Eagles as well.

Could there be something in clubs considering tall forwards as players with a high chance of being able to be converted into defenders.
Those that cannot forward, defend?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mango13

Draftee
Oct 16, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ralph-Smith had another good game on the weekend going head-to-head with Finn Maginess. Ralph-smith kicked 5 goals and Maginess had a lot of the ball, being very dominant. Worrell was also impressive. Keen to watch these 3 throughout the rest of the year
When’s your next rolling draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back