Review Round 7, 2019: Richmond Tigers v Box Hill Hawks, 19 May 2019, 11.40am @ Punt Road Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We missed the open target 3 times in the last 10 minutes, going forward.

Combine that with continually playing out onto the wing rather than straight up the middle and that want you get.

Disappointing loss.

Kilpatrick was the stand out for me.

Certainly didn’t see anyone really press for selection, possibly Ross.
He does look like he is coming along nicely.
Walker will be a player once he gets a solid preseason

Genuinely doubt he's instructed to do it.

I think he means Brand is better playing at the slower pace of the VFL.

He panics too much and turns the ball over at the AFL level.

Nothing to do with the way he’s coached.

Good quick game. Would like to see Jones doing a bit more run and carry. Needs to get some hurt about his disposals.

Ross does not do a great deal just bobs up with a goal every now and then. Always seems to get to good spots.

Ned and Pitto took one mark each. Nowhere near good enough. Ned's mark was contested and he did get to a lot more contests. He's taking small baby (Giraffe) steps.

Ollie is starting to rack up better numbers. His composure seems to come and go, which is strange as when he takes his time he looks very confident.

No one is beating the door down.

Only just got to catch up and watch the 2nd half then.

If we don't look at Kilpatrick in the midseason draft we are stupid.

Brand was fantastic. Such a good VFL player now. Can only hope he can get that last 5% sorted with his game to go up a level and stay there.

Mirra was huge.

Mascitti handy.

CJ flashed in and out but didn't finish his work and outpointed in a couple of one on one's.

Hanrahan starting to improve as a mid. Is creative enough and intense enough at the contest just needs to get the reps up.

Walker a bit of an enigma. Class but laconic.

Jackson Ross so crafty. 3 snags and is now popping up in more spots around the ground. Time he got a look in at AFL level. Justin Westoff in the making. Will get ragdolled but has enough smarts to survive.

Nash was bloody awful but hit form in the last 5 mins at least.

Rough pretty poor. Why can't we give him a run up.back and let him get his hands on it more to try and get some touch back. It ain't going to happen up fwd.

We missed Teia. He plays we win.

Classic from Howe. Some really good patches. Some poor patches. Some clumsy contests. Now or never - he needs to get himself super super fit as his moderate top gear combined with his turning circle will continue to hold him back from an AFL career.

We had a few weak links on the day. Very good effort against a very strong side. Perhaps a tad lucky to be within 8 points esp after such a poor first quarter.

I know we're pretty full of HFC listed players and I don't know if some of the the Box Hill listed players have some rotating selection policy, but I find it odd that guys like Lachie Walker and Nathan Boucher are overlooked for guys like Mason De Wit and Connor Byrne.

Byrne was a bit better this week but Boucher kicked 5 goals in 2 games and hasn't been seen since.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back