EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out at Westy on the weekend, very impressive performance, hitting their straps and attack on the footy was great, multiple threats up forward as well. Were very reliant on Clare last season but with Saad and Church on the field could prove to be a dominant attack. Next few weeks will be telling for EK to see if the are a genuine contender or flat track bully. I still feel they are a top 3 side but Tulla and C-Burn will determine where they sit

Followed some of the games online on Saturday - Tulla out of the blocks early but seemed to be fairly even for the last 3 quarters - any reports from there?

TL would be disappointed but all credit to Roxy

Went along to Westmeadows vs EK, mate's son plays for EK so 2nd game I've seen this year plus saw a bit of them last year.
Great game of footy first half was fabulous contest, EK didn't take opportunities then West far too good after 1/2 time. Too strong on forward line. mate reckons couple of regular defenders didn't play down back. West marking on forward line excellent. They have a big forward line
Church mark one of best I've seen at local footy
The clash of the 2 guys both going for ball was one of biggest I've ever seen both out to it before hit the ground. I trust they're both okay.

Few eye catching results
Don’t know who the result says more about Ek or westy is it their year?
Don’t know A CHB in this Div that could stop church when he’s going and Clare coming back just makes it better for him

Is this the same Church that has been in this comp for the past 5 years? You know the one that hasn't performed in a big game or final yet? Just asking for a mate. This must be a different one that everyone is talking about

Is this the same Church that has been in this comp for the past 5 years? You know the one that hasn't performed in a big game or final yet? Just asking for a mate. This must be a different one that everyone is talking about[/

Give it a rest.. or come out from your rock and get down to watch a game or 2. U are clearly out of touch my friend. Team of year multiple years in a row and quite solid goal kicking comp numbers last few seasons. He tore the top side apart on the wkend. Any side would want him. Bit harsh on the champ

Give it a rest.. or come out from your rock and get down to watch a game or 2. U are clearly out of touch my friend. Team of year multiple years in a row and quite solid goal kicking comp numbers last few seasons. He tore the top side apart on the wkend. Any side would want him. Bit harsh on the champ

Well said mate, Church is a gun

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow. He played on one leg last year and still made team of the year.
Without him Hillside would’ve missed finals, although he didn’t fire a cracker in the final. So I’m going both ways on him I guess! Any forward does need some sort of supply. He is a rare breed that you can just bomb too and he will mark more than most. I question his goal kicking under pressure... can get the yips.

Watched lots of games of div 1 over last few years. Church is a very good player at this level. Facts are he is yet to play a good game in a final. FACT
How many finals wins has he played in last 5 years ?
So lets stop talking about him like he is Wayne Carey. He is a very good div 1 player but to date has not been a match winner when its counted.

Considering it is a div 1 / b grade thread, the use of those words are in reference to the level we are talking about. No one here has said he would tear premier apart.

I think a lot of what is said in this thread is very easily taken out of context

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Un
Watched lots of games of div 1 over last few years. Church is a very good player at this level. Facts are he is yet to play a good game in a final. FACT
How many finals wins has he played in last 5 years ?
So lets stop talking about him like he is Wayne Carey. He is a very good div 1 player but to date has not been a match winner when its counted.

Understanding all that and unsure of finals appearances but still thinking singling out probably the best forward in this division is a tad harsh. He is very consistent , hard to match up on , has bags of tricks and can turn a game on its head quick smart. I believe he kicked 3 odd in the final last year so did his job. Hillside only made finals bcos of him and that’s fact. His made team of year 3 years in a row as well. He should not be the one we are talking about in a negative light at all. The bloke does his job and some every week and this is why I’m backing him in with facts. I am sure he gets approached each yr to play around the state and would be offered good money. If Westy win it this year then church is more than capable of playing A grade EDFL. Surly there is other stuff to talk about

Last edited:
Un

Understanding all that and unsure of finals appearances but still thinking singling out probably the best forward in this division is a tad harsh. He is very consistent , hard to match up on , has bags of tricks and can turn a game on its head quick smart. I believe he kicked 3 odd in the final last year so did his job. Hillside only made finals bcos of him and that’s fact. His made team of year 3 years in a row as well. He should not be the one we are talking about in a negative light at all. The bloke does his job and some every week and this is why I’m backing him in with facts. I am sure he gets approached each yr to play around the state and would be offered good money. If Westy win it this year then church is more than capable of playing A grade EDFL. Surly there is other stuff to talk about

Pretty sure I didn't single anyone out, but simply replied to other comments on him. I also wasn't being negative on him, I said he was a very good player at this level. Not sure he is a champ and gun though that is unstoppable, that's all LOL

Un

Pretty sure I didn't single anyone out, but simply replied to other comments on him. I also wasn't being negative on him, I said he was a very good player at this level. Not sure he is a champ and gun though that is unstoppable, that's all LOL

Not a gun? Ok then. Interesting to hear who your Div 1 forward guns are then.

Agree to disagree mate

Moving along..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footyman, the problem is Church hasn’t played many finals over recent years so difficult to judge him on finals alone.

He was very good in the final last year for Hillside and the ball supply to him wasn’t great. Often having a defender drop back into his space which made it harder. Was dangerous all game imo. 6-6-6 will play into his favour come September.

His surely one of the best 2-3 forwards in this division and some might say his the best. Doesn’t need to kick big bags as he works up the ground as all good forwards should be doing in this modern day game.
His rarely beaten and a strong mark. I’ve seen a few forwards and his got to be one of the best kicks for goals in our league.
I’m not sure why people criticise him as he has been a very loyal player who is 1 point. Often forwards of his nature tend to move clubs and chase the money.,

In my opinion his capable of playing premier league. Still young enough, strong and fit and moves well. Put him in the Abers, Greenvale side’s and he would be well capable to hold his own as the key focal point.

Only negative is his had a couple of injuries over recent seasons.

Next subject..

Footyman, the problem is Church hasn’t played many finals over recent years so difficult to judge him on finals alone.

He was very good in the final last year for Hillside and the ball supply to him wasn’t great. Often having a defender drop back into his space which made it harder. Was dangerous all game imo. 6-6-6 will play into his favour come September.

His surely one of the best 2-3 forwards in this division and some might say his the best. Doesn’t need to kick big bags as he works up the ground as all good forwards should be doing in this modern day game.
His rarely beaten and a strong mark. I’ve seen a few forwards and his got to be one of the best kicks for goals in our league.
I’m not sure why people criticise him as he has been a very loyal player who is 1 point. Often forwards of his nature tend to move clubs and chase the money.,

In my opinion his capable of playing premier league. Still young enough, strong and fit and moves well. Put him in the Abers, Greenvale side’s and he would be well capable to hold his own as the key focal point.

Only negative is his had a couple of injuries over recent seasons.

Next subject..
Think you need to check your facts before you mention things. Church played in 3 finals at westy under DC and didn’t fire a shot. Then played in finals last year and was ok. That’s 4 finals games and lost all 4. Players that demand big bucks need to do more in finals to win finals for their team.
Church is a good player but won’t be anything more than a good player till he dominates a finals game/series.

Went along to Westmeadows vs EK, mate's son plays for EK so 2nd game I've seen this year plus saw a bit of them last year.
Great game of footy first half was fabulous contest, EK didn't take opportunities then West far too good after 1/2 time. Too strong on forward line. mate reckons couple of regular defenders didn't play down back. West marking on forward line excellent. They have a big forward line
Church mark one of best I've seen at local footy
The clash of the 2 guys both going for ball was one of biggest I've ever seen both out to it before hit the ground. I trust they're both okay.

Just interested to know who was missing from Westy’s backline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could have a relegation battle of 4 if Taylors Lakes beat & drag West Coburg into the mess this week..

Good for the competition. Keeps all 4 teams on their toes and looking over their shoulders.

Think you need to check your facts before you mention things. Church played in 3 finals at westy under DC and didn’t fire a shot. Then played in finals last year and was ok. That’s 4 finals games and lost all 4. Players that demand big bucks need to do more in finals to win finals for their team.
Church is a good player but won’t be anything more than a good player till he dominates a finals game/series.

Key marking forwards need decent supply to do their job plus 1 or 2 others to provide options. Remember last year Coletta from HS didn’t play in that final. Hopefully this year he gets some good supply.

Church wouldn’t be in the 10-15 highest paid players in div1. He plays at his junior club with childhood mates. Come on mate if he was purely after the $$ he would have put himself out there. Know a few clubs who would offer him much more.
But anyway who cares as good on him.

*Fair ball player who plays the game hard and with plenty of passion. Always in post game having a beer..I would be happy to pay these types.

Let’s move on shall we.

Key marking forwards need decent supply to do their job plus 1 or 2 others to provide options. Remember last year Coletta from HS didn’t play in that final. Hopefully this year he gets some good supply.

Church wouldn’t be in the 10-15 highest paid players in div1. He plays at his junior club with childhood mates. Come on mate if he was purely after the $$ he would have put himself out there. Know a few clubs who would offer him much more.
But anyway who cares as good on him.

*Fair ball player who plays the game hard and with plenty of passion. Always in post game having a beer..I would be happy to pay these types.

Let’s move on shall we.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back