Prediction Changes v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Likely a much bigger risk for NN to play in the AFL straight away compared to Willie considering he's coming off a more serious injury and will be relied on a lot more given his position.

Reckn in the next few weeks Reddens gonna find some handy form. It might be this week, at home in front of family.

Also was Shuey tagged on the weekend? Thought he was decent but surprised he had it less than 20 times.

Darling needs to be our outlet player up the ground. But can't shake of his opponent and isn't crashing enough packs.

When he's on song we'll be right.

That being said the reason Darling and Kennedy aren't dominating is because we don't take the game on and play on quickly.

We hold the ball up, kick -mark, kick-mark etc. which slows us down and allows defenders to double team our forwards.

Im not as convinced as everyone else on Mallen but i would like to see what he is capable of.
Agreed. He is just so one-sided. Ah Chee to take Venners spot. Rotham's two early games were near faultless and moves him ahead of Nelson as next-in-line defender. He has the pace and disposal to nearly make up for Jetts. Forced changes only. Wait... Crows could go big with Jenkins then Schoey comes into contention instead. A bold move would be to go with Rotham anyway but methinks it comes with too much risk early in his career.

+ 1 for a Mallen debut.

Just ran a quick 2019 stat comparison (from the ever reliable WAFL site) between him and Sneezer who are most "like for like" structurally to replace Venables. (Ive also included DV's 2019 AFL averages) -

Disposals:
Allen - 21.2 pg
Ah Chee - 23 pg
Venables - 9.3g

i50:
Allen - 5.6 pg
Ah Chee - 3 pg
Venables - 1.43 pg

Tackles:
Allen - 4.8 pg
Ah Chee - 3.83 pg
Venables - 3 pg

Marks:
Allen - 4.4 pg
Ah Chee - 3.67 pg
Venables - 3 pg

Goals:
Allen - 0.8 pg
Ah Chee - 0.16 pg
Venables - 0.3 pg

Allen easily has Ah Chee covered on all stats except possession (not sure about other stats like disposal efficiency, 1%'s etc as I dont think that info is recorded publicly by the WAFL). Although Allen is left sided dominant, he's a a strong, big bodied flexible player who can tackle, mark, win his own ball and kick a goal. He could almost be a better proposition playing the DV role than what DV is. Allen has also been getting tagged in the more recent games so that speaks volumes of how influential he has actually been at a WAFL level. Hopefully the club gives him a go in his home state!

+ 1 for a Mallen debut.

Just ran a quick 2019 stat comparison (from the ever reliable WAFL site) between him and Sneezer who are most "like for like" structurally to replace Venables. (Ive also included DV's 2019 AFL averages) -

Disposals:
Allen - 21.2 pg
Ah Chee - 23 pg
Venables - 9.3g

i50:
Allen - 5.6 pg
Ah Chee - 3 pg
Venables - 1.43 pg

Tackles:
Allen - 4.8 pg
Ah Chee - 3.83 pg
Venables - 3 pg

Marks:
Allen - 4.4 pg
Ah Chee - 3.67 pg
Venables - 3 pg

Goals:
Allen - 0.8 pg
Ah Chee - 0.16 pg
Venables - 0.3 pg

Allen easily has Ah Chee covered on all stats except possession (not sure about other stats like disposal efficiency, 1%'s etc as I dont think that info is recorded publicly by the WAFL). Although Allen is left sided dominant, he's a a strong, big bodied flexible player who can tackle, mark, win his own ball and kick a goal. He could almost be a better proposition playing the DV role than what DV is. Allen has also been getting tagged in the more recent games so that speaks volumes of how influential he has actually been at a WAFL level. Hopefully the club gives him a go in his home state!
I'd love to see Allen come in but he's last two games have been average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you imagine though, for maximum impact I wouldn't even name him as an emergency and just have him run on to the field carrying a steel chair right before the game, take the fine.

Spine tingling brah!

20+ years ago and i still remember watching this moment on Foxtel as a kid. Devastating as a Rock fan.

Inside word on Mallen?

Im not as convinced as everyone else on Mallen but i would like to see what he is capable of.
I’ve seen a fair bit of MAllen this year (live and tv) and I believe he had been our best inside mid at WAFL level.

Am I convinced? No. But I see attributes we would benefit from and I would like him to have a chance at AFL level.

People said the same thing about Rioli. If he is fit and ready he will be straight in, I would think.
Not a chance. You can get away with him playing a couple of halves and 3 Qtr games in the WAFL. There’s no way we can get away with him playing 40-50% game time in an AFL game.

Ins Waterman , Rotham / Watson

Out Venables , Jetta

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watson hasn’t played for 3 weeks due to a shoulder injury and last weeks injury report had him out for another 2 weeks so he won’t be coming in

Rotham is the obvious replacement for Jetta and will be handy if Adelaide bring Jenkins back in and go taller

Schofield wasn’t in great form before missing with injury last week but I think he’ll come back in assuming he’s fit. One of Oallen or vardy comes out depending on whether we want to keep two rucks - possibly Hickey if he doesn’t come up

That was a nasty knock Venables received so he’s obviously doubtful. Waterman, Achee and Mallen the choices as a replacement with Masten a smoky although it’s unclear why he didn’t play for the beagles over the weekend. Waterman risks making us too tall but he’s a forward whereas achee and Mallen are more mids which throws out our 787 structure

Think it’ll be :
Out - Jetta (susp), venables (inj), vardy (omit)
In - Rotham, Achee, Schofield

Just on Naitanui since it’s been raised - he’s been running and jumping for weeks now and I suspect has been doing far more training than the club has been letting on. Won’t be surprised in the slightest if he comes back before the bye or if he does so without playing in the WAFL first but I doubt it will be this week. Could be a surprise selection for the Bulldogs game

It Allen comes in where does he play? Adding another mid creates a problem we had early in the year by playing to many mids.

Somewhat true but Mallen has some pretty handy forward craft. Has kicked a bag of 5 before for EP and has numerous multiple goal games. Could hopefully impact the way I hoped Tunners would as a bigger frame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back