Can Richmond still be a contender this season?

Where will Richmond finish at the end of the H&A season?

• 1-4

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • 5-8

Votes: 60 45.8%
  • Miss Finals

Votes: 45 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The time we had to really make the most of to give us a chance is the current time and we have far exceeded most expectations including my own through an immensely tough period with significant outs.
I would have been rapt with 5-4 so 6-3 is great, not through the woods completely and it’s just worked out nicely on this years form that we haven’t really played the other big contenders through this period. We will still have the odd game game like the dogs game but that’s to be expected, but we will be in pretty good shape when we meet some good teams and later on when the whips get cracking.
Couldn’t ask for more than we’ve delivered and the season is getting a really good feel to it now with a host of new talent and some players taking their already good footy to another level.
Pretty exciting second half of the season ahead.

I hate myself for saying this and the whole board will hate me also but here goes......

We cant match Collingwood.

Im now going to bathe and I expect to be red carded.
Collingwood are an a grade team with arguably the best list in the AFL.
They were a little lucky we played like poo vs them, I’d like to see us both go at 100%

Pies have won the last two against us by playing kick/mark keepings off behind the ball in their defensive back half, the Hawks also adopt a similar style and Dimma out coached Clarko by having our players close in on the defenders playing kick to kick forcing them to go long immediately increasing the chance of a turnover. Will be interesting when we play the pies next.

Real proud of how players like Vlastuin, Grimes, Edwards etc (who often aren’t rated at all by opposition supporters) have all stepped up in the absence of our captains and vice captains, not only in their playing, but also leadership. The fact that we’re still functioning the same way no matter who plays is a sign of a time who can go deep. Really disproved the theory we rely on our big 4 to win games

Would much rather cop them in a prelim where the heat is really on. Twice they have nabbed us. Prelim the team had the shits. Rd 2 players out and pkayed shithouse. That is twice where they have shown us their hand. They lost to Geelong and argubly should have lost to both Carlton and Druggos. The Aints could and should habe been in that game Saturday for much longer too. Far from freightning. Off the remaining fixtures i'd back us in to win most of them.

I hate myself for saying this and the whole board will hate me also but here goes......

We cant match Collingwood.

Im now going to bathe and I expect to be red carded.

I am all for them knocking us off during the season, we learn more and more about them, just like they did against us in 2018. By the time finals came around, they had us well and truly worked out. We are capable of the same IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how many do you reckon
a for top four
b we will likely win

i reckon we finish on 16 wins
Like I said, if we wanna finish top four we can only afford to drop another 2 or 3 games, so I suppose that mean 16-17
Having said that, a lot depends on how other teams go too....

anyone really think we cant beat cats, pies, eagles at the 'g this year?
I wouldn’t say we can’t beat them. What I will say is that it’s going to be bloody hard to beat them.

Collingwood don’t like losing to us at the moment, Geelong seem to take it as a personal attack that we beat them in the 2017 qualifying final and by the time we get West Coast at the G they should be at their absolute full strength, they’re a scary proposition at full strength.

Cats are the only decent side, but they have only two more games at the G before finals (Tiges r12, hawks r18) That's a massive disadvantage for ultimate finals preparation and as good as they are this year they have to travel up to the G for the first week and they have struggled the last few years, lost to the Dee's last year, us the year before (but beat an ordinary swans outfit) lost to the swans the year before.

We have the last seven games at the G with the Pies r19 the only real tough one. That's an awesome run in with crowd and emotion.

The Pies have lost to the Cats and Eagles and have already had a whopping 7 games at the G, traveled only once to Brisbane (we have traveled 3 times) and a "rare" home game at Marvel, and they have eagles, giants and crows away in the last 7 games. I rate them as a decent top 4 side, nowherenear flag favorites. Lets see how they go.

Depends on how the ladder positions fall Tiger v Cat GF would be my pick at this stage.

Cats game is shaping as a HUGE one. We’ve regrouped strongly but there’s some Doubt out there amongst some, as to the quality of the opposition. If we win that I reckon we’ll get some real momentum going. Massive game

Never want to lose but I'm not so sure being the hunted is what we want. Rather we get the "but who have they beaten?" stuff from 2017. Save it for the finals i reckon.

Never want to lose but I'm not so sure being the hunted is what we want. Rather we get the "but who have they beaten?" stuff from 2017. Save it for the finals i reckon.

I get what youre saying but we wont be the hunted even if we beat geelong. I think we need to make a statement against the cats for our own 'inside our 4 walls' confidence. We do that, and we'll know we're well and truly back on track - that only comes from picking up season defining wins - our 2017 one was the port game away I heard Dimma mention once

Premiership team will be come from one off...........Richmond, West Coast or GWS. All three are still fine tuning the engine and not playing their best while the pacesetters are playing at their tip top and are only 1 and 2 games ahead. Geelong and Collingwood are looking over their shoulders and wont be liking the look at what is just behind them.

I get what youre saying but we wont be the hunted even if we beat geelong. I think we need to make a statement against the cats for our own 'inside our 4 walls' confidence. We do that, and we'll know we're well and truly back on track - that only comes from picking up season defining wins - our 2017 one was the port game away I heard Dimma mention once

Geelong are my most hated team atm haha I also get what you're saying but I kindly disagree. Rather everyone studies Geelong and Pies games over the next 6 weeks. Then we get all our players back and start to ramp things up around round 19. We have Round 19 Collingwood, 20 Melbourne, 22 West COast, 23 Brisbane?
I reckon we make a run to top 4 over that period and beat cats the first week. That would be ideal. hehe

Back