Injury SUNS Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Old Sol

Senior List
Oct 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
one of those games i listed above he had 23 uncontested possessions, and still only went at 63%...
given that was his BEST DE% in the month i looked at, its not far off accurate in saying you may as well flip a coin when giving him the ball, as to whether the team will retain possession post his disposal.
Aren't these stat's a little out of context though? Our midfielders have clearly been instructed to move the ball long down the line.. The plan isn't always to hit up a target and retain possession, but to create another stoppage with territory gained. I'm not saying his disposal has been good, but if retaining possession isnt the player or the coaches Intention then blind reading a DE% stat isn't really telling you how effective the player has been with the ball.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Aren't these stat's a little out of context though? Our midfielders have clearly been instructed to move the ball long down the line.. The plan isn't always to hit up a target and retain possession, but to create another stoppage with territory gained. I'm not saying his disposal has been good, but if retaining possession isnt the player or the coaches Intention then blind reading a DE% stat isn't really telling you how effective the player has been with the ball.
a 40+m kick to a contest is deemed effective

TheSecondComing

Senior List
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
6A796DFA-E609-4D0A-BECA-3FA84F906EFB.jpeg

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Collins is a massive loss, 2 KPD out for an extended period of time.

Sam Day or more likely Burgess could find a reprieve and come in to play KPD. Not many other options.

Touk is touch and go.

Hanley unlikely to be up for this week.

Crossley, Fletcher and Ah Chee all back and healthy this week which is good news. Good boost for the reserves.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Stress reaction in a femur is very unusual. Can’t say I’ve ever seen that before.
Tibia and feet sure but femur seems very strange.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just watching VFL Gameday with that imbecile Nepotism McLachlan hosting it and on comes some young lady with an injury report and I thought oh good I’ll get an Ainsworth update
All they did was talk about VFL players like Guthrie and Scrimsook who had a headache and a question on Daniher’s genetics but nothing about Ben.
VFL media sucks.
Go shove it Gil.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back