Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

I've got future picks available at the moment, looking for depth and quality in defence and potentially the midfield. Injury list is mounting and all of Short, Cunningham, Wines, Cotchin, Nankervis and Devon Smith are out for 6-8 weeks. Open to offers :)

Can I interest you in a late model inside mid coming off a 7 month pre-season that will see him play the 2nd half of the year as the fittest player in the history of the AFL?

We've added a splash of black paint to freshen up the traditional red/white colour scheme that most would look for and with the burden of leadership taken from his shoulders he should be free to rack up the stats right through UF finals time.

The sticker price says a mid first round pick but for a valued customer like yourself I'm sure we can work out a payment arrangement that suits both parties.

1558496487697.png

Last edited:
Ouch. Devon Smith gone for the season. That's going to hurt.

The guy in my cash league that has him nearly broke down last night.

Took him with pick 10 (of 12) in the first round of our draft after openly telling everyone for days in the lead up that Whitfield would be the best fantasy player in the comp. Whitfield went pick 11 & he had a little chuckle saying we got 'sucked in' and Whitfield's ranking was being overhyped, even for a B option.

Yeah... didn't take it well.

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
Can I interest you in a late model inside mid coming off a 7 month pre-season that will see him play the 2nd half of the year as the fittest player in the history of the AFL?

We've added a splash of black paint to freshen up the traditional red/white colour scheme that most would look for and with the burden of leadership taken from his shoulders he should be free to rack up the stats right through UF finals time.

The sticker price says a mid first round pick but for a valued customer like yourself I'm sure we can work out a payment arrangement that suits both parties.

View attachment 678362
You can make me an offer. My mids are struggling..

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Damn a big blow with Berry doing his hamstring, gonna make it very tough for me to make a push for top 4 :p

Also, what the hell does Toby Wooller have to do to get a game?! Averaging 24 touches, 9 marks and almost 2 goals a game at NEAFL level as a 20 year old, those are Nick Riewoldt type numbers albeit at the lower grade. He'd be a walk up start at Melbourne atm :D

flaps

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2009
Ballarat via Melbourne via Hobart via Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Albury Bandits, Orlando Magic
Boyd’s a funny one. On quick glance you’d say his recruitment was a massive failure. But then you look at it if Boyd isn’t on their list do the Dogs win the 2016 GF?? If not then he was worth every cent
He did his job when it mattered. That's all any dogs supporter could ask for. Anyone that thinks they overpaid for him doesn't realise that without them paying for him, they'd likely not won the flag. And in the existence of winning flags ... that's what you need to pay to get one. Especially when the Dogs only have two! Worth every cent.

flaps

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2009
Ballarat via Melbourne via Hobart via Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Albury Bandits, Orlando Magic
As a doggies mate pointed out his contract was highly front ended and the dogs may be able to pay him out a percentage of what’s left also.

Hope he does what makes him happy if that isn’t footy, he should have plenty on cash to allow him to live a great life.

Will always be that premiership hero if nothing else.
Also an Albury Lightning premiership hero in 2016 for me too :)

He did his job when it mattered. That's all any dogs supporter could ask for. Anyone that thinks they overpaid for him doesn't realise that without them paying for him, they'd likely not won the flag. And in the existence of winning flags ... that's what you need to pay to get one. Especially when the Dogs only have two! Worth every cent.

Absolutely.

If you told me that St Kilda could trade our first round pick plus Jack Steven to get Ben King down from the Suns next year, on a contract for 1.5mil a season over 10 years, and that he would be BOG for the 2022 premiership Saints and then turn around retire from the game I would take that deal in a heartbeat.

azza77

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Manchester Utd
Damn a big blow with Berry doing his hamstring, gonna make it very tough for me to make a push for top 4 :p

Also, what the hell does Toby Wooller have to do to get a game?! Averaging 24 touches, 9 marks and almost 2 goals a game at NEAFL level as a 20 year old, those are Nick Riewoldt type numbers albeit at the lower grade. He'd be a walk up start at Melbourne atm :D

Did he? thought it was just a sore knee?

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
Did he? thought it was just a sore knee?
Knee, hamstring, fairly certain they're the same thing though my anatomy is a little rusty.

In other news, The Wombats today fired their assistant coaches dog, looking for someone to blame with yet another 1-8 loss really highlighting what's so far been a lackluster start to the season. This rebuild wasn't supposed to go quite this badly/slowly and couple that now with a pretty sad dog and theres a lot of head scratching going on. At what point does a team get to submit an application for a priority pick?

richcogs

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2004
Wodonga
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Hey everyone, what are the rules regarding mid-season drafting? How is it going to look in our league? Are we going to be forced to use waiver picks?

Rockford

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 22, 2006
Halls Head
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey everyone, what are the rules regarding mid-season drafting? How is it going to look in our league? Are we going to be forced to use waiver picks?

There's no facility in UF to run a midseason draft. I think, as TW has said, we'll need to just use our FA picks as the players become available (there'll be a waiver for it I'm assuming). Probably fairest given the waiver works off the reverse ladder order. I'm not sure it's something we could replicate down the track (manually) given the injured player that you want to replace (Devon Smith, for example) probably isn't someone you want to drop to the Free Agents list in order to pick up a replacement.

Sep 11, 2011
Anywhere else
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Miami Heat & Dolphins
I didm't realise there actually was a mid season rookie draft until a month or 2 ago. It's a completely foreign idea in my mind, is there any other sport that does this? Although i shouldn't be surprised, is there any other sport makes massive rule/game changes on a year to year basis. Anyways, with that being said, and i know a vote hasn't been asked for, but if others want it and there's an option to do it i'd 100% be in favour of a mid-season draft. Given the state of lists of the teams in the bottom 4, while i was obv joking in my reference to priority picks above but i think we can use all the help we can get. Lastly, in my petition i'd like to appeal to everyone's love of drafts, i thought we'd be waiting to Feb til the next draft, but given the AFL is holding a draft surely we should get in on the action too...

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
I didm't realise there actually was a mid season rookie draft until a month or 2 ago. It's a completely foreign idea in my mind, is there any other sport that does this? Although i shouldn't be surprised, is there any other sport makes massive rule/game changes on a year to year basis. Anyways, with that being said, and i know a vote hasn't been asked for, but if others want it and there's an option to do it i'd 100% be in favour of a mid-season draft. Given the state of lists of the teams in the bottom 4, while i was obv joking in my reference to priority picks above but i think we can use all the help we can get. Lastly, in my petition i'd like to appeal to everyone's love of drafts, i thought we'd be waiting to Feb til the next draft, but given the AFL is holding a draft surely we should get in on the action too...
I prefer that we use the FA mechanism we have and don't worry about a Mid Season Draft.

Back