Feedback Quick questions you couldn't find an answer for...

Remove this Banner Ad

your new floating ads down the left and right margins actually give me instant vertigo and make me ill.

Please remove them or fix them in place, I just can't use a board with adds that don't move in relation to things next to them.

your new floating ads down the left and right margins actually give me instant vertigo and make me ill.

Please remove them or fix them in place, I just can't use a board with adds that don't move in relation to things next to them.
Two options:

1. Reload the page - not every page will have that ad on it.

2. In the footer of the page, at the top left of the footer you will see a "Change Width" button:

site-width.JPG

Try that and see if it looks better.

Last edited:
I'm not receiving any alerts to watched threads? Started happening from yesterday out of the blue.
Go to one thread and unwatch then re-watch.

Do you get alerts? Try it with a busy thread.

Next option is to go into a thread you watch and go to the final page.

Go back up into the forum containing that thread and hit “Mark read”.

Klim, I can see that you are getting alerts when you're quoted so that tells me that the Alerts system is working, but that the Watched system is not (at least for you, if not others). There are some arcane rules about how the system thinks it should send you a watched alert. One way to clear the deck is if you explictly "Mark read" forums and threads which should clear the roadblock. Also, you can find a really chatty thread that you're not previously watching and watch it - if you start to get alerts then you/we will know that it's the others. Please let us know what is/isn't working after you try that. Sorry for the inconvenience!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, you can find a really chatty thread that you're not previously watching and watch it - if you start to get alerts then you/we will know that it's the others. Please let us know what is/isn't working after you try that. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Yep tried this method and getting alerts.

Only if I get quoted in a post though.
I can see that you are watching a few threads and you should get notified for new *posts* in those threads. For the forums you are watching you're set at present to only be notified on new *threads* (not new posts).

I can see alerts are flowing to you on being quoted, but am also seeing alerts for inserts (posts). So some things are working, and perhaps others aren't, just trying to narrow down to where things might not be working for you.

I can see that you are watching a few threads and you should get notified for new *posts* in those threads.
Once I comment back on old threads that I've been previously watching they come up in the watched tab. But no alerts when someone else posts.
For the forums you are watching you're set at present to only be notified on new *threads* (not new posts).
Yes that is correct and that's the way I want it.
So some things are working, and perhaps others aren't, just trying to narrow down to where things might not be working for you.
Is there a possible solution for it?
Could you link one of the threads that you are watching?
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/rugby-league-union-kits-discussion.982652/

Once I comment back on old threads that I've been previously watching they come up in the watched tab. But no alerts when someone else posts.

Yes that is correct and that's the way I want it.

Is there a possible solution for it?

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/rugby-league-union-kits-discussion.982652/
We have checked your database entries.

Until you posted in this thread, you were watching no threads, as far as we can see.

You were only watching two forums.

And you had set those to only alert on new THREAD.

Therefore, no, you will not get any alerts for new POSTS in those forums.

Now that you are watching some threads, we can see that FOR THOSE WATCHED THREADS you are getting alerts for responses, AND for posts you have not been mentioned in.

The alerts system is working, and you are getting the alerts you have asked for.

If you let me know what you'd like to achieve I can show you how to set it up.

These are the Alert Preferences options (I am Admin so I might have a couple of extra ones that you don't see):

alert-preferences.JPG

Chief is the search function not working properly or is just me?
Broad question.

What are you trying to search for?

What options are you selecting?

What results are you getting and how do they differ from what you were expecting?

Broad question.

What are you trying to search for?

What options are you selecting?

What results are you getting and how do they differ from what you were expecting?
I did a search for defence and selected This Forum on the Port board and only one post came up. I also searched by thread title ticked the box, and used "This Forum" and nothing came up. I was looking for this thread

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...pafc-the-future-of-the-port-district.1161888/

I only found by clicking on a couple of difference thread prefixs I thought were relevant and found it under the Strategy prefix.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back