Trades Round 10 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at bringing in 1 of the following premos to swap with Walsh but can’t decide - Hurn, Duncan or Cripps (Most likely can wait til his price drops again hopefully)

Think it will come down to if whether or not Cogs and Danger play.

Starting to think also it might be time to get rid of Daniel before it’s too late

Partner's side that I made in round 2, decided to keep it as I'm not in leagues and I can just play for fun. Mids are looking pretty good!:

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 12.39.13 am.png

Just brought in Duncan and chucked the C on him. Fantasy is a lot less stressful when you don't give a sh*t!

I've done a bit of research into the next round of footy and thought I'd write it all down and share it this week. I started this on my notepad app and probably got a little bit carried away so excuse the AFL.com.au article. Usually it's a piece of printer paper filled with unreadable nonsense.

Rookies
I was super impressed with Joel Garner's debut last week in what was pretty torrential rain on the weekend. To amass 11 kicks from 13 disposals okay 76% efficiency is impressive. Ken and his teammates can't speak highly enough of him and he's a future leader. I don't think his job security is as shaky as it seems. 189k defender with a 3 breakeven who comes up against Hawthorn at UTAS Stadium. Which is very relevant. Plenty of space for half back flank types.

Fremantle have lost the last three games and may look to change things up whether it be for a winning formula or for an eye on 2020. 170k midfielder Brett Bewley has 21 touches, including 6 tackles and the Fremantle bigfooty board seem to rate his effectiveness with the ball highly, especially by foot. 170k midfielder averaging 73 in the WAFL. Today Fremantle came out and said Sean Darcy and Matt Taberner would both be out for atleast a month which opens the door for opportunity if Fremantle choose (may be forced) to go more small.

It's worth mentioning that for this reason I think Griffen Logue is a good chance to play his first game of 2019. He's a 216k defender but I doubt he will be fantasy relevant. He's averaged 57 in his two games back from a hamstring injury.

Richmond have proved to blood young players for extended periods this year and somebody Ive had my eye on for awhile is 170k defender Patrick Naish. He's been banging the door down to debut. Last week he had 29 touches and 4 goals across half back and this week he backed it up with 28 touches (including 4 rebound 50s and 6 inside 50s) as well as a further two scoring shots. He's currently averaging 90.5 with pretty remarkable consistency.

Ripe targets
We all have a computer or phone and this is a fantasy forum so I won't go into much detail. Here are some of the numbers of players I feel are in good form and worth considering.

Zach Merrett - has gone at 121in his last 3 and 123 in his last 5. Has Richmond this week for instant reward. Genuine captain option.

Jack Ziebell - has gone at 111 in his last 3 after a role change into the midfield. Bulldogs at Marvel, followed by Richmond and Gold Coast.

Mitch Duncan - 129 in his last 3, 120 last 5. Loves marks, has Gold coast this week and no Danger.

Dustin Martin - 98.3 last 3, coming off 135 against Hawthorn. The Dusty of old - watch his highlights. Essendon at the G this week.

Lachie Whitfield - averaging 111 from his last 3, 123 last 5. Take away his injured game and he's averaging 137 for the season. Melbourne then the Gold Coast upcoming.

Value
I ran my eyes over some fantasy relevant players I personally like who are relatively cheap compared to their expected output at the moment. I've probably missed heaps.

Alex Witherden 586k - should return to form in latter half of year, as he did in 2018.
Isaac Heeney 586k - will return to form and is cheap as chips for a bloke who could average 100 from here on.
Bryce Gibbs 632k - back in midfield role where he has averaged over 100 six times, including 2018.
Nic Newman 585k - great kick:handball ratio as long as he finds the footy.
Brandon Ellis 625k - back in midfield role where he has averaged over 100 before.
Luke Parker 656k - more midfield responsibilty and has shown high ceiling in the past.

Blokes like Jack Ziebell, Dustin Martin, Elliot Yeo, Dayne Zorko, Stephen Coniglio, Jackson MacRae and Patrick Cripps are all great value too. The list goes on. Some real genuine premium upgrade/downgrades at the moment. Even Taylor Adams at 627k could be worth a punt this week.

Some further notes-
DO YOU TRADE IN LACHIE WHITFIELD?

GWS struggle to win at the MCG. Theyve played there 16 times for 2 wins. Against Melbourne in 2014 and Collingwood at the beginning of 2018. Last time they played Lachie Whitfield was tagged by James Harmes for a 51. Before that, Whitfield has scored 82, and 82 for a total average of 71.

HOWEVER. In those games, a Giant has always picked up the slack with large scores to Kelly, Coniglio and Ward which suggests he could score well if given opportunity. Against their last 3 opponents, these are the scores Melbourne are giving up to defensive dominant players. So players who are playing about 65% time in defence.
Hurn 137
Sheed 133
Gaff 126
McGovern 100
MacPherson 117
Swallow 108
Weller 102
Hanley 84
Hardwick 90

My conclusion is who the **** knows. Whitfield is going 70 or 140.

And finally, I think Mitch Duncan should genuinely be the #1 trade target this week as well as captain. In his last 3 versus the Gold Coast, Duncan has averaged 122 going at 128, 102 and 136. And he is in form averaging 129 from his last 3. Suns are leaking points at the moment and there are points up for grabs with Patrick Dangerfield being a likely out. Tim Kelly will cop any attention the Suns decide to apply. Mitch Duncan will run around all day unchecked taking uncontested marks. The only way the planets could align any more is if it was played at GMHBA stadium; but then again Clayton Oliver scored 161 at Metricon last week.

Great write-up.

Biggest thing for me and I think lots of others this week is if Williams plays or not. If he doesn't, and it looks pretty likely he won't, then its just a great opportunity to upgrade him to Whitfield. Same bye and Whitfield ain't getting much cheaper.

Will be looking to hopefully have the cash to push for one of Dusty or Zieball as an upgrade for next week.

Last edited:
Rethinking, might go

Parker > Corbett
Williams > Ellis

$2k in the bank so cutting things pretty fine, but has me set up fantastically for the byes with 7-13-10

Only other option would be to keep Parker and shift Brayshaw somehow.

Perryman VS Garner +200k

Think I’d go the big bowler and 200k, as we go further on in the season money is going to be hard to come by.

However Perryman is a good base to upgrade from probably only needs to go to the byes and then go.

Hard choice, but I think you back the rookie plus 200K. If 70K is worth 10 points. Do we think Perryman is going to score 30 more points every week then Garner.....

Currently have Grundy sitting at R1 with Mumford and O'Brien alternating between R2 and R3. Initially I had hoped to hold both right through till byes and have two playing rucks in round 13 which quite a few other teams won't have and the the following week down one to a 170k and up the other to Gawn, but with Fort playing last week and it seems like he played well it seems like now is the perfect time to capitalise on downgrading one of the two big dogs. I'd like to keep O'Brien and move Mumford on, but with Sauce Jacobs healing up I'm not sure how long ROB has left in the side.

Garner has also presented himself as probably the best rookie option we have at the moment, so might be be better off taking this route, but his days in the side may also be numbered with Burton only out for a couple.

Great write-up.

Biggest thing for me and I think lots of others this week is if Williams plays or not. If he doesn't, and it looks pretty likely he won't, then its just a great opportunity to upgrade him to Whitfield. Same bye and Whitfield ain't getting much cheaper.

Will be looking to hopefully have the cash to push for one of Dusty or Zieball as an upgrade for next week.
Williams > Whitfield will be the most popular trade this week I suspect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walsh > Garner is how I will make money this week (Stack to Mids).

But this presents two options;

1: ZWilliams > Whit (Garner on ground)
2. Collins > Hurn (Garner bench)

I’m starting to get a bit concerned with my bench cash generation/job security and the impact of that on my ability to upgrade the remaining rookies on my field.

Want to go Williams up to Whitfield this week but to do that I have to cull Duursma instead of Scrimshaw.

Rookies left on field and on bench (after trades are

DEF - Rozee $500k, Hore $439k, Stack $455k (Scrimshaw $396k, Garner $189k)

MID - No rookies on field (Hayes $338k Answerth $275k)

RUCK - Fort $199k, Flynn $170k

FWD - Miers $502k (Corbett $273k, Burgess $227k)

How much trouble do you think I will be in?
There’s really onky Hayes and Scrimshaw that would net me anywhere enough to do a half decent upgrade/Downgrade of Miers or Rozee.

I guess another option is to at some point downgrade/upgrade Hore/Stack and risk playing a ‘new’ rookie on field.

What should I do?

Walsh & Drew -> Merrett & Corbett (leaves me 111k)

or

Collins & Petch -> Garner & Corbett (leaves me 445k)

Ok, so pretty sure I will go, Williams to Garner for my first, moving Lockhart into D6.

Can then go any of Newnes/Drew/Dahlhaus/Atkins to Duncan/Taranto/Fiorini/Merrett/basically anyone. Currently have Telly in my mids.
What do you guys think?

Looking at bringing in 1 of the following premos to swap with Walsh but can’t decide - Hurn, Duncan or Cripps (Most likely can wait til his price drops again hopefully)

Think it will come down to if whether or not Cogs and Danger play.

Starting to think also it might be time to get rid of Daniel before it’s too late

Check your R13 bye setup and the answer may be decided for you. If you're running Gawn/Grundy like most then you'll need 20/20 playing on field elsewhere to field 18+2 scores that fall away.

I can't fit Hurn/Duncan into my structure even if I wanted atm as I've already got 2x donuts in defense/midfield for R13 that I dont want to trade. Cripps would be my pick out those 3 (I'll be looking at him next week or week after once he's bottomed out).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back