Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Game of Thrones

I just don't get the hype, the books are one thing but the tv series ? How could people be into something so D grade ? :p

Why would you watch a collective maybe 80 hours of serial television over the course of 9 years when you can watch a 2.5 hour football game 150 times in as many days?

Why would you watch a collective maybe 80 hours of serial television over the course of 9 years when you can watch a 2.5 hour football game 150 times in as many days?
Because you're 12?

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
tenor.gif
I don’t care that you don’t care lol.

WOW JUST WOW

My sig is out of date I'm triple the viewings now ;). And in most cases the matches are 3-3.5 hours long (yes I watch the pre and post match content as well).

As I said the GOT concept is weak and the acting is D grade. Is it any wonder that the actors (save for a handful) have done diddly squat in their careers.

I burned through season 3 and 4 of 24 this past weekend as well (essentially 24 hours per season give or take - I edited out the intro that details previous episodes and chopped off the end credits which saves a few minutes per episode).

There's a gazillion shows with violence. There's isn't quite as many that complimented it with skin.
Not many where you see a bloke cut a horse's head off. If any.

Arnold punches a camel in Conon the Babarian.

Just like GoT, Conon went soft too after the first movie.
That's a movie not a tv show.

Also not many tv shows where you see a guy stick his thumbs through another guy's eye sockets before crushing his skull with his bare hands.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
That's a movie not a tv show.

Also not many tv shows where you see a guy stick his thumbs through another guy's eye sockets before crushing his skull with his bare hands.

Think I've seen something to that equivalent in every Marvel Netflix series.

Sons of Anarchy was pretty violent too and that was network TV - no swearing or nudity.

Think I've seen something to that equivalent in every Marvel Netflix series.

Sons of Anarchy was pretty violent too and that was network TV - no swearing or nudity.
I'm not sure what you're trying to prove but I stand by my op.

And I bet you haven't seen anything even close to that level of violence in any marvel netflix thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back