Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The next PM wearing Australia’s World Cup jersey, I mean I get that he will have his own side so to speak with the PMXI but it’s not flattering.

Not something I've ever really though about, but do cricket shirts come in both Retail and PI form the same way footy jumpers do? Because if that's the exact same style (in terms of cut and shape) the players will wear, it looks very average

Seems like a fair few countries are going for some kind of retro look time around. First Australia, and now England & Pakistan.

Pakistan's shirt looks downright uncomfortable.

Not something I've ever really though about, but do cricket shirts come in both Retail and PI form the same way footy jumpers do? Because if that's the exact same style (in terms of cut and shape) the players will wear, it looks very average

Nah I don’t think so, the test shirts have the players cap number and initials stitched into them but that’d be the only major difference. Pretty sure the white ball shirts are straight off the shelf with some numbers and a name slapped on.

That being said, all of the retail training gear comes without any sponsors logos so I could be wrong.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That may very well be the case. ODI cricket doesn't seem to have the same gravitas it once had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Favourite ODI shirts ever worn by each country...

Australia - Circa 1997 "venetian blinds" tri-series.
kFu7oqF.jpg

Bangladesh - Circa 2010 (Love that shade of green!)
Gowu5QY.jpg

England - Circa 1999 ODI series.
EHbdvnF.jpg

India - 1999 CWC shirt
rjbwGfx.jpg

New Zealand - 2001 shirt (original incarnation of the classic black strip with fern)
gXkm4kD.jpg

Pakistan - 2007 CWC shirt
DJOzIDg.jpg

South Africa - Circa 2005 - 2007
r5R73OW.jpg

Sri Lanka - Circa 2002 Champions Trophy
JfKVN20.jpg

West Indies - Circa 1992 "Lightning bolts"
WJu4TXu.jpg

Zimbabwe - 1998 Sharjah Cup tops (love that wacky design)
E4rCauf.jpg

Continued...

Afghanistan - Circa 2015
O3e6gae.jpg

Kenya - Circa 2011
N93mIHO.jpg

Ireland - 2007 CWC
lGOfNh5.jpg

Netherlands - 2003 CWC
kcvWour.jpg

Scotland - 1999 CWC
MRXOkgw.jpg

Yeah, '92 had the best uniforms overall & I honestly love them to bits. Guess I was just mostly focussing on the post-96 World Cup era :)

It's a heavily disjointed kit though, isn't it? Everything would be much better if the green was much darker, like the lettering.

On a whole, I'm quite disappointed at what England, Australia and South Africa have done with their kits. No matter the desire for retro-themed kits, the best ones are always those that utilise traditional colours. Australia in lime green? South Africa using pale green and no gold? England in sky blue?
Smaller nations like Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are leading the way in this world cup, which is disappointing as far as the big teams are concerned

They really are utterly terrible - looks as if there was a designer who had a good idea, and then the manager and Cricket Australia wanted their ideas integrated and it just became a mess.

Also f**k me, that font is horrid.

I miss the 1995-2007 outfits. Gods, the jersey designs were strong then.

It's a heavily disjointed kit though, isn't it? Everything would be much better if the green was much darker, like the lettering.

On a whole, I'm quite disappointed at what England, Australia and South Africa have done with their kits. No matter the desire for retro-themed kits, the best ones are always those that utilise traditional colours. Australia in lime green? South Africa using pale green and no gold? England in sky blue?
Smaller nations like Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are leading the way in this world cup, which is disappointing as far as the big teams are concerned
There's also a serious lack of design element on ours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back