Player Watch 2. Dylan Grimes

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2019: St Kilda champion Nick Riewoldt lists the 12 most irreplaceable players in the AFL

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...l/news-story/68777ab41bea59bfb6eb9569417c94a8

Dylan Zorro Grimes (Richmond)
He is one of the best lockdown defenders in the competition. To be able to put him on a player and take them out of a contest is so important for them. We know Alex Rance can do that, but his great strength is his intercepting — same with Nathan Broad, same with David Astbury. Grimes is really the one that I feel like they can just turn to do a job and he will just get it done. I don’t think they have another player capable of doing that as well as Grimes can do it. He would be one of the first magnets up every week because he is just so reliable in that space.

AFL 2019: St Kilda champion Nick Riewoldt lists the 12 most irreplaceable players in the AFL

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...l/news-story/68777ab41bea59bfb6eb9569417c94a8

Dylan Zorro Grimes (Richmond)
He is one of the best lockdown defenders in the competition. To be able to put him on a player and take them out of a contest is so important for them. We know Alex Rance can do that, but his great strength is his intercepting — same with Nathan Broad, same with David Astbury. Grimes is really the one that I feel like they can just turn to do a job and he will just get it done. I don’t think they have another player capable of doing that as well as Grimes can do it. He would be one of the first magnets up every week because he is just so reliable in that space.

Yes.

Just yes.

Dam, I've always been glad that Dylan was underrated outside of RFC. Now the secrets out, BUGGER !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player management is gonna be huge this year...
Our backline has absorbed huge punishment over the years to keep us competitive in games and the cracks are starting to appear...
I'm getting a bit nervous about them...

Player management is gonna be huge this year...
Our backline has absorbed huge punishment over the years to keep us competitive in games and the cracks are starting to appear...
I'm getting a bit nervous about them...

Nah.. They're at the peak of their powers. The core is now Dave, Dylan, Vlas, Mint cans, Bachar, and Shorty. That's still a damn good backline. We've got plenty of guys to step in. So I reckon we'll still be very good this year. Maybe see mroe rebound from Vlas to fill some of Rance's role. He's well capable of it.

I still can get worried about his disposal and for some reason he reminds me of actor Michael Cera, but damn this guy is a top notch defender.

So rapt for him that he's been able to string a number of healthy seasons together in a row and aren't we seeing it pay off in spades now.

I wouldn't have batted an eyelid if he was given the captaincy nod last weekend, and in the fourth quarter he showed why. I look at teams like Carlton or Gold Coast who struggle to have any real on-field leaders that the young guys can look up to, and then feel so thankful that we've got guys like Grimes just plugging away week in, week out being uber consistent and leading the way.

Great to see him finally getting the external respect he deserves.

Wow - I literally just watched the Grimes presser on the website and was going to bump this thread to comment.

Love this guy so much - such a level head, really well spoken but an elite defender and competitor, not to mention leader.

Then you add in his well rounded life outside footy as per above and there is just so much to admire.

Almost my favourite Tiger.

For those who don't have Foxtel, or missed his interview with Sarah Jones, here is a great insight into the great man!!

Not too many can say theyre livinig the dream unsarcastically. Good on the great man!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back