Sport Basketball and hoop like stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I'm hoping my own boys can be there if they can pick up a max guy in free agency :p
I'm hoping we can get a gun centre. We have enough options from the back court to trade a Brown or Rozier away to get that along with a couple of first round choices.

It was a very dirty unsportsmanlike foul on Goulding but Kickert really was the instigator of the brawl with the retaliatory elbow.

The selfie taken after the game by the Phillipino team was a disgrace. How you could partake in that is beyond me.
Kickert went way too hard and needs to calm down. s**t blew up as soon as he retaliated.

Last edited:
The selfie taken after the game by the Phillipino team was a disgrace. How you could partake in that is beyond me.
Kickert went way too hard and needs to calm down. s**t blew up as soon as he retailiated.
What? They took a selfie after?

I've only seen footage of the brawl, nothing more. That's damn poor form taking a selfie after something like that.

How’s the footage of Goulding being absolutely pummelled by about 15 of them...scary stuff.

Kickert elbow was ridiculous...How many weeks would you get for that in AFL? 10 plus I’d think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our squad for the WC:

Simmons/Mills/Ingles/Bolden/Baynes
Delly/Creek/Goulding/Adel/Landale/Bogut

The rest will probably get court time against weaker teams, but that's the 11 that should get most of it. Although I may be overrating Goulding cos I don't watch a lot of NBL

Give Simmons the ball and surround him with shooters who can space the floor - Ingles, Mills, Bolden and Delly

I don't at all trust Lemanjis to use him properly. Would think Motum will prob make the final squad, too given his ability to spread the floor.
Have a suspicion that how he will be used would have been part of him agreeing to play.

Reckon it will essentially be an audition for the NBA to show what he can do with a team built around him, Greek Freak style. Just a guess of course but I was surprised he made himself available.

He's said every time he's been asked over the last year or so it's something he wants to do so I think it was kinda expected, also think it's documented he was pretty pissed about being left off the Olympic squad in 2016 (or maybe it was the 2015 world cup squad).

It's also in his best interest, I think for his brand to keep a close connection with Aus and to be apart of it, alienating that part would end up being pretty damaging and I think we all know the s**t show the Aus sporting media would put on if he didn't play. He's maybe not the most bubbly of personalities but I already see the influence he has over here with kids getting into ball.

He's said every time he's been asked over the last year or so it's something he wants to do so I think it was kinda expected, also think it's documented he was pretty pissed about being left off the Olympic squad in 2016 (or maybe it was the 2015 world cup squad).

It's also in his best interest, I think for his brand to keep a close connection with Aus and to be apart of it, alienating that part would end up being pretty damaging and I think we all know the **** show the Aus sporting media would put on if he didn't play. He's maybe not the most bubbly of personalities but I already see the influence he has over here with kids getting into ball.
Yes - but saying you want to play and actually playing are two different things. You are right about his brand - it’s huge here, little Vander is a promising basket baller so I see it all the time. Including the camps he runs in the offseason. He would absolutely be keen to protect it.

BUT....they would be balancing that against the risk/reward aspect. He is putting a lot of money at risk every time he plays for Australia. Whether for the reasons I’ve guessed at or others, I still reckon how he would be used would have been part of the conversation.

I don't at all trust Lemanjis to use him properly. Would think Motum will prob make the final squad, too given his ability to spread the floor.
Motum probably gets in the final squad due to lack of big man options but the issue for me is that Landale has better numbers in Europe, in what I think (not entirely sure) is a higher division.
Just realised Ryan Broekhoff wasn't in the squad, thought there was some huge oversight. Seems like his wife is due to give birth around that time tho so he's sitting it out. A real shame, would be super useful.
If you add Broekhoff, Maker and Exum that squad is clearly 2nd in the world.

Motum probably gets in the final squad due to lack of big man options but the issue for me is that Landale has better numbers in Europe, in what I think (not entirely sure) is a higher division.

If you add Broekhoff, Maker and Exum that squad is clearly 2nd in the world.
It’s the best team we’ve ever had but wouldnt say clearly second best in the world.

Spain still good, Serbia and Croatia always good and Canada very strong too these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back