Game Day Richmond v Essendon @ Swinburne Centre Saturday 25/5 2.30pm Live Stream

Remove this Banner Ad

B: 78. D. Coffield, 53. H. Beasley, 43. D. Eggmolesse-Smith
HB: 31. O. Markov, 46. B. Miller, 51. S. Morris
C: 45. P. Naish, 26. R. Collier-Dawkins, 28. F. Turner
HF: 39. J. Aarts, 79. W. Coates, 64. T. Silvestro
F: 54. J. Ballard, 21. J. Townsend, 7. D. Butler
R: 41. M. Chol, 16. M. Weller, 34. J. Graham
Int: 67. B. Credlin, 65. J. Cusack, 61. J. Fletcher, 56. B. Grewar, 58. C. Harris, 52. S. Mannagh, 62. L. Nelson, 60. C. Thompson
23P: 55. L. Street

In: C. Harris, R. Collier-Dawkins, S. Mannagh, J. Cusack, L. Nelson, J. Graham
Out: D. Rioli, C. Coleman-Jones

Graham makes his return to footy this week where he'll play about 3 quarters. Hopefully RCD plays this week after being held over last week. Not sure who they'll hold over for the seniors.

The game will be live streamed on the VFL site from 2.30 which will be good to watch before heading into the Dreamtime game.

B: 78. D. Coffield, 53. H. Beasley, 43. D. Eggmolesse-Smith
HB: 31. O. Markov, 46. B. Miller, 51. S. Morris
C: 45. P. Naish, 26. R. Collier-Dawkins, 28. F. Turner
HF: 39. J. Aarts, 79. W. Coates, 64. T. Silvestro
F: 54. J. Ballard, 21. J. Townsend, 7. D. Butler
R: 41. M. Chol, 16. M. Weller, 34. J. Graham
Int: 67. B. Credlin, 65. J. Cusack, 61. J. Fletcher, 56. B. Grewar, 58. C. Harris, 52. S. Mannagh, 62. L. Nelson, 60. C. Thompson
23P: 55. L. Street

In: C. Harris, R. Collier-Dawkins, S. Mannagh, J. Cusack, L. Nelson, J. Graham
Out: D. Rioli, C. Coleman-Jones

Graham makes his return to footy this week where he'll play about 3 quarters. Hopefully RCD plays this week after being held over last week. Not sure who they'll hold over for the seniors.

The game will be live streamed on the VFL site from 2.30 which will be good to watch before heading into the Dreamtime game.
Butts or naishy will be held over im thinking

Always an enjoyable day watching VFL at Punt Road Oval. Should be a good game, similar to the Semi Final last year (and hopefully a similar result ;)). Looking at our bench I expect Baguley to be held over, which translates to 15 AFL players for us and 11 for you guys. Our advantage will be olur KPP's, Hartley and Zerk-Thatcher have been very formidable as key defenders, but I'm really looking forward to watching RCD, Weller and Graham duke it out with Myers, Clarke and Mynott.

Gday lads, over from tassie and heading to tomorrow’s night game. Thinking of popping into the VFL game beforehand. Could anyone tell me what you have to do at punt road? Just go to the gate and head in? And also the cost of entry? Cheers guys

Always an enjoyable day watching VFL at Punt Road Oval. Should be a good game, similar to the Semi Final last year (and hopefully a similar result ;)). Looking at our bench I expect Baguley to be held over, which translates to 15 AFL players for us and 11 for you guys. Our advantage will be olur KPP's, Hartley and Zerk-Thatcher have been very formidable as key defenders, but I'm really looking forward to watching RCD, Weller and Graham duke it out with Myers, Clarke and Mynott.

Never seen such a B Zerk Thatcher since Maggie declared war on Argentina over the Falkland Islands. Speaking of which, it is approaching 100 years since your disgusting football club declared war on the true Essendon team, The Dreadnoughts. This was after we sent you packing from the Flinders Park region where you were never welcome then just as you are not welcome now. Such was the despised nature of your football club that you even had to share premises with Lolnorth at Elizabeth Arden Street for a time.

You seem way too good to be a Messendon supporter so why not you stick with us and ditch that rubbish outfit from Airport West or wherever they live now. Welcome to the Richmond board and I hope you enjoy the mismatch. :)

Never seen such a B Zerk Thatcher since Maggie declared war on Argentina over the Falkland Islands. Speaking of which, it is approaching 100 years since your disgusting football club declared war on the true Essendon team, The Dreadnoughts. This was after we sent you packing from the Flinders Park region where you were never welcome then just as you are not welcome now. Such was the despised nature of your football club that you even had to share premises with Lolnorth at Elizabeth Arden Street for a time.

You seem way too good to be a Messendon supporter so why not you stick with us and ditch that rubbish outfit from Airport West or wherever they live now. Welcome to the Richmond board and I hope you enjoy the mismatch. :)
I would honestly rather jump in a pool of sharks that haven't eaten in a week than support Richmond.
Miller can ruck
I expect Joel Cusack to be your second ruck.

He can but that’ll leave us thin down back. There’s VFL listed players that will probably pinch hit in the ruck
We’ll find a way much like we have done in the 1s.
Essendon VFL rucks are thin also so it will be interesting to see which way the clearances go.

Gee - with our players out that squad is starting to look a bit thin.
Brilliant effort if we get over 2nd places Dons with that team.

Let's look at what those self same Dons have been doing in recent weeks, whatever self same means.

Rd 1 they beat the struggling Frankston by 20 goals. We beat Frankston at the same venue by 12 goals.

Rd 2 bye

Rd 3 beat North Melbourne by 15 goals at Werribee.

Rd 4 beat the Pastries by 6 goals at Windy Heap.

Rd 5 beat Cats next door to footy HQ by 7 goals.

Rd 6 very strangely messed up by a somewhat depleted Casey Demons by 7 goals at Windy Heap.

Rd 7 Beat Sandy at the Beach by 2 goals.

So overall their form looks really good until you consider incredibly they have not played a team above 9th on the ladder as yet, with only Coburg of the bottom 7 teams yet to play the Bombers. This, and perhaps catching the weakest team - Frankston, at the best time, rd 1, probably explains their massive percentage.

The Tigers on the other hand, have beaten 3rd 5th 7th 10th 11th and 15th placed teams.

Bombers have performed relatively poorly at home and much better away from their slag heap. Tigers have been more impressive on the whole at the Swinburne Centre of the Universe, and less so away from home, though the 110 year revenge on Williamstown at their hovel was pretty strong.

Bombers beat Frankston at Frankston by about 8 goals more than the Tigers managed. Bombers beat Cats at the MCG by about 5 goals more than the Tigers managed at Cat Paddock. But the Tigers beat Casey at Casey by a kick and the Bombers lost at home to them by 7 goals.

Richmond are likely to paddock 11 AFL listed players here, but their VFL players tend to be strong, more than half of those who will play have been at the club for 3-4 years at least. We have it on advice on this thread that Essendon will paddock 15 AFL listed players, all things being equal.

I thought the Bombers reserves were going to be really strong this year but for me the jury is out on them until they fill in some blanks versus stronger teams.

The Tigers injury issues are well documented. I think the first raft of key position and tall injuries Rance Riewoldt and Moore actually balanced the reserves team better than before, but once you add Nankervis and Soldo to that we are now unbalanced in the other direction, too few talls, especially of known quality.

To be honest I thought our VFL team would lower its colours last week to the Hawks but we were too good for them. This week we look to have lost net one quality player. I am struggling to line the form up in any way that shows Bombers to be better than the Hawks for certain. The bookies have the Tigers about 7 point favourites. I think that is around the mark but no result would shock me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL listed playing today
Butler
Townsend
RCD
Turner
Graham
Markov(37)
Aarts
Chol
Egg-Smith
Naish