Magnum27            3      18
Westozbb            3      17
swannies            4      16
Freezin             3      14
MadMundy            2      12
Noobz0r             2      12
Milang_Panthers     2      11
DurtleAU            2       8

Round Seven saw most of the tipping group select three or four winners with East Fremantle's upset win over Perth tripping up just about everyone this week. The round itself was the best round of the year with all five games decided by four goals or less with two of those margins being less than a goal. Several tipsters tipped four games correctly for the round with swannies picking up the bonus point after being just one point off the margin in the Claremont vs Subiaco fixture.

After seven rounds, samFFC remains in the lead on 26 points with Miguel Sanchez joining Freofalcon in a tie for second place on 25 points, Monocle is now outright fourth on 24 points and myself in fifth position on 23 points.

Round Eight Fixtures

Perth vs Swan Districts at Mineral Resources Park (Saturday, 2:15pm)
Claremont vs West Coast Eagles at Perth Stadium (Sunday, 11:30am)
Peel Thunder vs Subiaco at David Grays Arena (Sunday, 2:15pm)
East Fremantle vs South Fremantle at New Choice Homes Park (Monday 2:10pm, margin)
East Perth vs West Perth at Leederville Oval (Monday, 2:15pm)

Round Eight is on the horizon which is also the Western Australia Day long weekend and that sees this round's matches split over three days. The only game on Saturday will take place between Perth and Swan Districts at Mineral Resources Park. Perth started the season strongly but have dropped their last two games while Swan Districts have shown some form over the past few weeks and were victorious in their most recent match against West Coast Eagles. Both sides enter the game needing a win and these two clubs have produced some good games in recent seasons. Will it be Perth who bounce back or can Swans get another win and rise up the ladder?

On Sunday, Claremont and West Coast Eagles will battle each other at Perth Stadium with Claremont agreeing to play this fixture at the ground as a curtain raiser to the West Coast Eagles' AFL match in the afternoon. The last time these two teams met, the Tigers suffered a shock loss to the Eagles so they'll be super keen to reverse that result on Sunday. In the afternoon, Peel Thunder hosts Subiaco at David Grays Arena in Mandurah. The Thunder had a great first first half against West Perth last week but let the Falcons kick seven goals in the third quarter and fell short by five points. Peel have around the mark so far this season but will want a win to keep a few teams snapping at their heels behind them. Subiaco enter the match having bounced back with a win over their rival in Claremont but will have challenges of their own having lost two players to Monday's AFL mid-season draft.

The public holiday Monday has the traditional Perth derby with East Perth facing West Perth at Leederville Oval. This match looks set to be a close one with these two arch rivals in some reasonable form. The Royals defeated the Eagles a couple of weeks back in their first fixture post alignment and were unlucky not to defeat South Fremantle on the weekend after going down by a point. West Perth head into the match having won their last three matches and will be looking to make it four in a row as they face their long-time rival.

The TV game is back this week and this week's telecast game will be the match between East Fremantle and South Fremantle at New Choice Homes Park. East Fremantle didn't get off to a great start in 2019 but have turned things around having won back-to-back matches. South Fremantle have been very good so far this season and sit second on the ladder, only percentage behind Subiaco. With both sides in good form heading into the game, this match between the WAFL's biggest rivals looks set to a cracker. The telecast gets underway on Channel Seven from 2pm with bouncedown scheduled for 2:10pm.

There's some movement in the Colts and Reserves this week. In the Colts, Peel Thunder and Subiaco will get things underway round eight with their match to take place on Friday Night at 7:30pm. On Saturday, Perth and Swan Districts will get a sleep in with that game to begin at 11:30am while the last two matches take place on Monday with East Fremantle vs South Fremantle and East Perth vs West Perth scheduled for an 8:50am bouncedown. The Reserves' matches start on Saturday with a twilight game between Perth and Swan Districts at 5pm with the Peel Thunder vs Subiaco match beginning at 11:30am on Sunday. Monday sees the East Fremantle vs South Fremantle fixture getting underway at 11:15am while East Perth vs West Perth start a little later at 11:20am.

The weather is looking absolutely brilliant for the long weekend. Saturday should see some cloud clear during the day with a maximum of 26 degrees expected for the first day of winter while Sunday should see a mostly sunny day and a maximum of 24 degrees. Monday is forecast to be sunny and 23 degrees although a cooler start of eight degrees is forecast for the morning if you're up and about for the earlier matches.

Well last week produced a really good group of matches and hopefully we'll see the same again for the coming long weekend's round of fixtures as well with some fairly important games taking place. I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable long weekend and don't forget, happy tipping!! :thumbsu:

Tags: gaskin, hansie, Kram, getgaff, RickSanchez, andana, Spanna_, masai, Magnum27, Westozbb, Freezin, MadMundy, Noobz0r, Milang_Panthers, DurtleAU

Last edited:
Going to have to get in early this week as I am into hospital and going under the knife tomorrow and not sure when I will get out, so here goes.
And if I do get out early I may change my tips after team selections.

Perth.
Claremont.
Subiaco
South Fremantle. 37 points
East Perth.

Going to have to get in early this week as I am into hospital and going under the knife tomorrow and not sure when I will get out, so here goes.

Perth.
Claremont.
Subiaco
East Perth.

All the best ! Hope it all goes well !

All the best ! Hope it all goes well !

Thanks Mate.
Its nothing serious just an old footy injury that needs a patch up ...orthopedic stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perth.
Claremont.
Subiaco
East Perth.

I hope all is well, Monocle.

Not everyone

I must have missed that you tipped the Sharks. I've edited my post now.

Swans
Tigers
Lions
Sowfs - 28
Falcons

Monocle, you got good drugs and coping alright? :)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back